Yaya Toure apologises

But this is even worse, as it comes from within the team. What a bunch of pathetic so called journalists write doesn't have the same punching power as when Team Yaya goes on the record to disrespect the club. If they indeed, have in their powers to manipulate thousands and thousands of City supporters, mainly in Africa, they are now causing the club financial damage.
Surely there must be room for some kind of legal action in there somewhere? (Or maybe I've watched too many bad movies.)
I've made my opinions clear on this one. We should just ignore the tit of an agent. I think we've fucked up by going public and hence giving the dickhead the publicity and attention he obviously seeks.

Depends how you define hassle. There are plenty of players who are tough to handle and come with plenty of baggage, that comes with the territory and someone at the club has to make a judgement on whether what the player brings is worth their antics. Where the line in the sand has to be drawn is where the player slags off the club and seeks to portray it and it's management in a negative light to achieve his own ends. That is what Yaya is doing. The ball is in his court. If he makes it evident that he doesn't give a fuck about the club, the club and it's fans will make it clear they don't give a fuck about Yaya.
I truly think we are long past that point. In my 'neutral' opinion, there seems to be enough evidence for both sides to feel aggrieved. And by both sides I mean Yaya and City.

From my vantage point, I think Yaya has concluded the club doesn't give a fuck about him and want him gone. And if I'm being honest, I reckon this is true.

City's management and Pep ( probably mostly Pep) thinks Yaya through his agent, has been acting in a way contrary to any affection for City. They too have a legitimate claim. Thus we are at an impasse.

Like I said earlier on when Seluk's initial comment that started this new rounds of fighting words. City should have ignored him. Frankly, I don't think his comments showed anything but an agent lashing out coz his client wasn't having a good run on the team.

As for people who are suggesting Yaya dissociate from his agent: this is quite laughable. The guy that was with Yaya when he was making less than 10 grand a year. The guy who helped him maneuver his way from Greece, to France, was there when Arsenal thought he wasn't worth signing, the guy who hwlped him map his way into perhaps the greatest team of this century, then when he was deemed beyond requirements, the guy who helped him.land at City to become the best player he could be.

The guy who helped him.go from poverty to Millionaire. Folks seriously think he'll disown that guy, a father figure, in favor of the club that doesn't want him anymore? Seriously?

From my viewpoint both sides are dug in until Yaya leaves.

However much of a c*nt Yaya's agent is I think it was ill-advised of Pep to speak publicly in the manner he did. It's fuelled the fire and this is now likely to rumble on until we finally get shot of him in the summer. It would have been much better to deal with this in house and with a formal warning that if the public criticism continues we would consider terminating his contract early. Then if it is leaked just straight bat any questions from the media.
There's no way that he hasn't received numerous "warnings" in the past due to Seluk. City in general needed to show a strong hand after the amount of shit he had spewed plus it reiterates the power that Pep has which is obviously important. This was undoubtedly a very calculated move.

Dax, City have been ignoring seluk and his crap for years now without any counter comment. They've clearly decided that enough is enough.
You're not being neutral because there's no area to be neutral.
In any walk of life, if you publicly disrespect or discredit your employer, especially in the media or on social media, you're sacked.

I truly think we are long past that point. In my 'neutral' opinion, there seems to be enough evidence for both sides to feel aggrieved. And by both sides I mean Yaya and City.

From my vantage point, I think Yaya has concluded the club doesn't give a fuck about him and want him gone. And if I'm being honest, I reckon this is true.

City's management and Pep ( probably mostly Pep) thinks Yaya through his agent, has been acting in a way contrary to any affection for City. They too have a legitimate claim. Thus we are at an impasse.

Like I said earlier on when Seluk's initial comment that started this new rounds of fighting words. City should have ignored him. Frankly, I don't think his comments showed anything but an agent lashing out coz his client wasn't having a good run on the team.

As for people who are suggesting Yaya dissociate from his agent: this is quite laughable. The guy that was with Yaya when he was making less than 10 grand a year. The guy who helped him maneuver his way from Greece, to France, was there when Arsenal thought he wasn't worth signing, the guy who hwlped him map his way into perhaps the greatest team of this century, then when he was deemed beyond requirements, the guy who helped him.land at City to become the best player he could be.

The guy who helped him.go from poverty to Millionaire. Folks seriously think he'll disown that guy, a father figure, in favor of the club that doesn't want him anymore? Seriously?

From my viewpoint both sides are dug in until Yaya leaves.
You're right about no way will Yaya leave his agent,however on the point of city ignoring the initial comment no way were city going to pass up this opportunity.
Yaya has been a great player for us but if we're honest doesn't really give a fuck about us as a club and now that he's past his best we shouldn't give a fuck about him.If what has happened speeds the process of moving him on then so much the better.

City Watch‏@City_Watch
Seluk claims Txiki called City a "shit club" when Yaya was ready to join from Barcelona. Explosive stuff.

From April.

Same exact words, just Txiki instead of Pep. Fuck off Seluk, both saying the same exact thing to Yaya, yeah fucking right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.