Yaya Toure apologises

Joshua, 2008 changed a lot of things for a lot of people and for me personally it was an eye opener. Sure I liked my job, and I do (or did) for my coworkers as much as any other person. But that wasn't what I was getting at... The point was about feeling owed. I don't feel I am owed for what I've done. Either I was paid, or would have done it anyway coz I loved it... But I don't feel others owe me in future or if I'm let go coz the economy tanked, that I was owed for how much effort I put in prior. (Well, I did feel that way before 2008) It is that feeling of being owed something. I see it everywhere. And I wonder why it is so prevalent when in fact you are not owed. And It took the 2008 fallout for me to see it clearly.

It's not about the money (well it is .. Pay me!) :) But yes, you are probably right, my moving out of the corporate world experience was one of can't wait till I got out type of deal. 2012. I quit as I was doing something I liked and controlled my life more. Even though I was making less money in the beginning. So yeah, I guess my response to you was actually factual. I like what I do so much more now. And being my own boss makes it so much more enjoyable.

I guess the fact that I don't work in the corporate sector makes my experience very different. Thank you for your detailed response.

who gives a flying fuck what an agent says??, show me one agent who genuinely cared/cares about his player??, all about the agents profile and bank balance, nothing more, nothing less
I was mates with one until we fell out about seven years ago . He used to look after his retired clients brilliantly. He never forgot how much they contributed to his rise up the profession.

Life is rarely black and white, mate.

Really struggling to get to the end of that call between Seluk and Jim White. Rambling mess. Jim has that exasperation in his voice that can only come from a prolonged conversation with an idiot.

Guardiola has made Seluk look like a fucking idiot!

And when he went on Sky Sports Jim White has made him look like a fucking idiot!
My respect for Jim White went up, the way he spoke to Seluk was class, made him look like a right ****!

Dimitri Seluk has picked a fight here that he can't win, the board will back Guardiola, and Guardiola is right anyway. Pep's clearly had enough of agents and players thinking they should have the upper hand over the club and the manager, and I agree with his stance. It cannot go on.

Toure is in the latter twilight of his career, he might have a few lung busting runs left in him, but not many. I kind of feel for him as (a) he was good for us, and (b) he's clearly easily led and not too bright (witness the birthday cake incident, another Seluk-led moment). But I've now had my fill of him and his acrid agent, they're obviously inseparable, clearly poisonous, and can both disappear. Quickly. I'll look back on Yaya's best moments fondly, but he was never really a City man. He was here because it was the best pay deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.