Yaya Toure apologises

I can believe it tbf.

Pep is not the 'one of the boys' kind of bloke he sometimes appears to be.

He didn't even look at Ibrahimovic for quite some time according to Balague's book.

Me too.
It's a typical thing about pride. A wrong word. Who is gonna pick the phone first...

Each side is feeling treated unfairly and the communication is off.

@andyhinch That's what Pep did. Maybe without talking to Yaya. As a boss you are free to do so :)

Pep has dealt with this the same way he has started the season, perfectly. He has said what needs to be said, he has come out of it smelling of roses whilst Seluk proved Pep 100% right within an hour.

Toure has blemished his legacy for me. He will always be a legend but will never be in the same bracket as Zab, Vinny, SIlva and Aguero.

Yaya, man up, sort your agent out and start taking some responsibility or move on.

it is a crying shame really. Yaya was crucial to the rise of the club and played an important role in our recent successes. Nobody can argue with the fact that he scored key goals at critical moments in our quest for silverware.

The problem is his relationship with Seluk. He has gone on record as calling him a friend, so he does not regard their relationship as purely business related. Seluk is obviously a gobshite who loves having his "opinions" out in the media. His comments have created the toxic relationship with the City hierarchy but I suspect that Yaya won't publicly criticise his friend or privately tell him to rein it in.

Yaya deserves to have his service to the club honoured and to leave the club as a legend. Unfortunately, Seluk is not bothered about City, the fans or the image of the club. I doubt that he is even bothered about the collateral damage to his client. He just sees the relationship as a financial transaction and is wanting to engineer a move resulting in a new deal elsewhere.

Shame coz City and Yaya deserve better than this.

All's Yaya needs to do is come out in public and say that Seluk hasn't spoke with his permission on this occasion and he doesn't agree with his agent who he'll be having words with in private. Then he can tell us that he still wishes to give is all in training and be a part of the managers plans this season because he realises that Pep is a fucking boss and who wouldn't want to be a part of history being made.
If he goes on to say sorry to the fans thank thank us for being ace then offering to pay for all our season tickets next year I think we can finally move on..

I'm sorry, if your managing a company and you have a problem with an asset, you address it, he will have said what needs to be said and moved on to the next step, if you don't think this happened in both cases you really don't understand buissness

Well that's a bit of a stupid post since the example of how Pep operates which I'm giving, is actually based on how Pep sometimes operates.

You'd best give him a call & advise him.

Should've written his contract off in the summer and sent him packing. Odd move keeping him. Bet it was a financial decision by Txiki/Soriano as opposed to Pep saying "let's keep him".

Me too.
It's a typical thing about pride. A wrong word. Who is gonna pick the phone first...

Each side is feeling treated unfairly and the communication is off.

@andyhinch That's what Pep did. Maybe without talking to Yaya. As a boss you are free to do so :)
It's got nothing to do with what your free to do, what your suggesting will not have appended, I'm not saying that he basically left him no where to go, but saying they haven't spocken first ? Think about it from all practical and logical points

All's Yaya needs to do is come out in public and say that Seluk hasn't spoke with his permission on this occasion and he doesn't agree with his agent who he'll be having words with in private. Then he can tell us that he still wishes to give is all in training and be a part of the managers plans this season because he realises that Pep is a fucking boss and who wouldn't want to be a part of history being made.
If he goes on to say sorry to the fans thank thank us for being ace then offering to pay for all our season tickets next year I think we can finally move on..
You really think Yaya is going to give 2 years wages away when he wouldn't take a pay cut to play elsewhere? No, I'm afraid those bridges are burned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.