Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya. The Ultimate Monster

Not sure of the majority opinion on here but he and his agent have disrespected the club and the fans by putting this out in public. If he's staying he should be apologizing publicly... If not don't let the door hit you on the way out. Unacceptable behavior from someone like him and everything he's been though here and to show such little respect to our owner and everyone else is unacceptable and shouldn't be tolerated by our club at all.

i♥city! said:
CitizenTID said:
zeddie said:
As if! Iniesta is 30 and was a right soft tart when we played Barca. Our team (whether intentionally or not) is built to suit Yaya's style of play, not Iniestas. Besides, Yaya is much more lethal than Iniesta and can defend (sometimes)

Iniesta to do the job of Yaya ? Well that's what you get from playing too much FM. SMH

Change your name mate, you don't love City if you're putting a player before the club.

Stuuuuuu said:
If all of this turns out to be true, City have to make a statement and keep him until his contract runs out - playing him in the EDS or lower, regardless of how much it will cost in his wages. He has insulted this club hugely, just as Tevez did. And the club should take a seriously hard line, or it will keep happening.
Can't agree with that. Obviously they shouldn't be giving him a pay rise but if he wants to go then its best for the club that he does. Especially as there'll be a hefty sum of money involved.

I back City's stance and if he can replicate the season he had just had then he can go next summer with some of his reputation intact imho.

The irony of the whole thing is that whilst saying he doesn't feel appreciated at City, he may have burnt the bridges at the club who adore him more than any other.

Let's face it he has played more games for City than any other club and been instrumental in the most successful period of our history. People rate Yaya that highly that he is seen as one of, if not the greatest players to play for us. However, it doesn't matter how good you are if you behave like a knob then your standing at the club will lessen. Just look at Tevez, he is without doubt the best striker we have ever had but he will never be held in the same esteem as Bell, Goater or Zabba because of his personality.

Yaya is 31 now and there are not many clubs he could move to now and establish himself as an all time great. If he genuinely wants to go back to Barca, which I think he does, then if he would have handled the situation with dignity then all of us fans would have wished him well.

But getting your agent to bad mouth the club and owner, who has done more for City than anyone else, is a step to far. In a contest between Sheikh Mansour and Yaya Toure there is only ever going to be one winner.

Blue Mooner said:
mayo31 said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Fuck that, I wouldn't even waste a bag of stales on him, he's dead to me now.

I love that saying, feel pretty much the same mate

Oh please, grow up! You must know this is his agent talking trying to do the best for his client but he has f*cked it up and only succeeded in making a fool of Yaya.

How way one can turn their back on a player who has given so much to the club of the basis of a few words from a crackpot agent, well, words fail me.
Sorry mate but you need to get your head out of the sandpit, i know it's painful for some but as people have said he's dead to me now, Mike Doyle will be spinning in his grave over these antics today

andyhinch said:
FanchesterCity said:
i♥city! said:
No one is blaming the club , all i am saying is some of us here are getting arrogant . Whats with the "we pay him" thing ? He isn't asking for some more cash , he is asking for some more appreciation . Some players are like that , They are like big babies. They always want to feel appreciated . We should all just laugh about this and try to make some big joke about this INSTEAD of going on about how much we pay him and blah blah blah .

Let me put it this way:

Double the price of a season ticket, and many of us will stay pay to watch City, when we can ill afford it already.
Half Yaya's pay and see if he'll still be here.

That's not disrespectful. It's not anti Yaya or any other player, it's just reality. WE are the only loyal ones in this equation. Owners come and go, players come and go. Some of them are talented, some not, some have affection with the club, some don't. But the loyal fans are many and the loyal players are few.
Are you Baz Lurman?

haha. Wish I was, I'd be able to offer Yaya an Oscar for his director's role n this summer's hottest drama 'Vexed In The City'

Dubai Blue said:
Stuuuuuu said:
If all of this turns out to be true, City have to make a statement and keep him until his contract runs out - playing him in the EDS or lower, regardless of how much it will cost in his wages. He has insulted this club hugely, just as Tevez did. And the club should take a seriously hard line, or it will keep happening.
Can't agree with that. Obviously they shouldn't be giving him a pay rise but if he wants to go then its best for the club that he does. Especially as there'll be a hefty sum of money involved.

Disagree, Liverpool managed to keep Suarez despite public statements that he wanted to go. Time to stand our ground and resolve the situation. He has 3 years left on a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.