Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

If he wants(wanted) to leave, he should simply put in a transfer request and leave as a hero rather than the villain he's becoming.
Looking at twitter, he's a laughing stock. Probably the best player in the league and people are laughing at him.
Pathetic and childish. His agent sounds like a **** as well.
Hope this is cleared up soon even if it does mean he leaves. Wonder how if he's still here how he'll be treated next season at the ground.

GeekinGav said:
he got a parade, he got a cake, didnt get a Bugatti and everyone didnt wish him happy birthday ....

.... apparently that is disrespect, Yaya mate, that is fucking life mate, you aint the centre of the universe.

Makes me wonder if there was more to it in the 2012 parade.

Whilst I think some people are right to highlight what Yaya has done for us, we shouldn't forget what we have done for him.

Aside from paying him fortunes, we have helped him develop from a holding midfielder who was getting shipped out in place of Busquets into the best all around midfielder in the world.

If Barca had any inkling of the fact Yaya could produce the form he has for us then there is no way they would have sold him. Especially when considering they bought players like Keita and Song.

People need to remember that if it wasn't for us, people would be viewing Yaya as a good midfielder rather than a world class one.

If Yaya did not mean this and it is his agent then he has had plenty of time to come out and put it right.

I'd have more respect for him to come out and say he wants more money or he wants a new challenge, this is just so pathetic.

Part 2 (part 1 on page 178)…

The biggest debate is obviously whether Yaya should stay or leave. Personally, I think it’s simple. If indeed his agent has correctly represented his feelings, I think his position has become untenable. Whilst Tevez behaved very unprofessionally, at no time did he or Kia Joorabchian criticise the club’s hierarchy. We all know that if we vent our furore at our paymasters, it’ll be the perfect reason for them to get rid of us. Clearly, a meeting involving the likes of Ferran, Txiki, Khaldoon and Manuel will be held to discuss whether it would be in the club’s best interests to do so. Whatever their decision would be, we won’t be able to do anything formal about it.

However, if indeed Yaya’s agent has gone rogue, we would obviously like to see the player-agent relationship discontinued. Yaya may be advised by the club to get rid, but unfortunately, this phenomenon occurs far more in Football Manager than in real life. It’ll likely be a case of “language difficulties”, given that “mistranslation” is out of the question after the agent’s interviews with the media.

There’s also a debate over the importance of a player. I make the following statement regardless of how long one has been supporting MCFC – some fans will always maintain that loyalty is more important, while others feel that a player’s contribution on the pitch can never be forgotten. On one hand, we condemn players who leave for a higher salary or to a club with supposedly “greater history”, yet how many players in the current generation across all clubs will go on to become one-club-men? Even if they do want to leave, we expect them to leave gracefully and not plunge the club into an undignified mess, yet many recent major transfers have been as such.

Some have called Yaya a legend, a term which none of the current batch deserve to be bestowed with until they’re aged 50. Personally, the only active player I’d call a legend would be Francesco Totti. Simply put, Yaya is a very good player who’s helped us win trophies, but he’s not even indispendable, yet alone legendary. I think all supporters would agree that no single person (in this case, not even Sheikh Mansour) is bigger than the club. Real Madrid will still be Real Madrid without Ronaldo. Barca will still be Barca without Messi. Even if there comes a day when Sheikh Mansour sells the club, the club will continue to exist without him.

city91 said:
Whilst I think some people are right to highlight what Yaya has done for us, we shouldn't forget what we have done for him.

Aside from paying him fortunes, we have helped him develop from a holding midfielder who was getting shipped out in place of Busquets into the best all around midfielder in the world.

If Barca had any inkling of the fact Yaya could produce the form he has for us then there is no way they would have sold him. Especially when considering they bought players like Keita and Song.

People need to remember that if it wasn't for us, people would be viewing Yaya as a good midfielder rather than a world class one.

That's a very good point, we have done just as much for Yaya as he has done for us.

Marvin said:
Maybe I'm being naïve, but fans should defend a player and give him the benefit of the doubt until we really know what he thinks

His agent has been pretty clear about that all day long. Had it not been accurate info, I'm pretty sure Yaya would have made that known.

Marvin said:
Stockport mackem said:
Must admit, the way he finished the season, I didn't see this coming.
As stated in other posts, there is clearly more to this than the thickness of the marzipan on his birthday cake.
So has the agent had an approach?
Well normally an approach in the summer would be quickly sacked off, but this is World Cup year.
If Yaya/his agent have had a tip off, they now have him in the shop window during the World Cup. Despite the agents claims it's not about money, if Yaya has a strong World Cup, his stock rises further.
Hopefully it blows over and he stays, maybe it's just a slow news day.
The whole world seems to think that this is Yaya Toure speaking, but it's his agent. And he has done this before.

This is what Simon Mullock a well connected journalist had to say about it earlier

High-level source at Man City has told me Yaya Toure is "unsellable." Said agent lost any influence he had at club when Yaya signed new deal

I can't believe that City have shown any disrespect to the player. More likely the agent is trying to wangle himself a cut of a new contract or a move, If the player is unhappy, the only thing I can think of is the awards where he was not recognised, but that's not City's fault.

City are Champions, and in the Champions League. No bigger club will be interested as he's 31

What is annoying me is the sheer number of City fans who are rounding on Yaya. Maybe I'm being naïve, but fans should defend a player and give him the benefit of the doubt until we really know what he thinks

Barca are interested Marvin and Yaya hasn't hidden his feelings for them.

Your other points may well be right, Yaya's contract means we don't need to let him go.

Marvin said:
Stockport mackem said:
Must admit, the way he finished the season, I didn't see this coming.
As stated in other posts, there is clearly more to this than the thickness of the marzipan on his birthday cake.
So has the agent had an approach?
Well normally an approach in the summer would be quickly sacked off, but this is World Cup year.
If Yaya/his agent have had a tip off, they now have him in the shop window during the World Cup. Despite the agents claims it's not about money, if Yaya has a strong World Cup, his stock rises further.
Hopefully it blows over and he stays, maybe it's just a slow news day.
The whole world seems to think that this is Yaya Toure speaking, but it's his agent. And he has done this before.

This is what Simon Mullock a well connected journalist had to say about it earlier

High-level source at Man City has told me Yaya Toure is "unsellable." Said agent lost any influence he had at club when Yaya signed new deal

I can't believe that City have shown any disrespect to the player. More likely the agent is trying to wangle himself a cut of a new contract or a move, If the player is unhappy, the only thing I can think of is the awards where he was not recognised, but that's not City's fault.

City are Champions, and in the Champions League. No bigger club will be interested as he's 31

What is annoying me is the sheer number of City fans who are rounding on Yaya. Maybe I'm being naïve, but fans should defend a player and give him the benefit of the doubt until we really know what he thinks

Sorry but all Yaya needs to do is come out and say he's happy and doesn't share this dicks opinions - he only has himself to blame by not distancing himself from this.

Some of us scrimp and save for season tickets for ourselves and our children and this tw*t is raking in £280,000 a week and he's hurt cos someone didn't wish him happy birthday, get a f*cking life you pathetic prick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.