Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

WNRH said:
If Yaya did not mean this and it is his agent then he has had plenty of time to come out and put it right.

I'd have more respect for him to come out and say he wants more money or he wants a new challenge, this is just so pathetic.

Spot On ... Yaya can come out and say "I'm staying" and he'll be a hero. If he says "I'm going" he'll still be a hero ...... but if he pisses us about until after the world cup as his tweet suggests then I have no respect for him and likewise he has no respect for the people who pay his wages ...us !!!

bluemoonste said:
WNRH said:
If Yaya did not mean this and it is his agent then he has had plenty of time to come out and put it right.

I'd have more respect for him to come out and say he wants more money or he wants a new challenge, this is just so pathetic.

Spot On ... Yaya can come out and say "I'm staying" and he'll be a hero. If he says "I'm going" he'll still be a hero ...... but if he pisses us about until after the world cup as his tweet suggests then I have no respect for him and likewise he has no respect for the people who pay his wages ...us !!!

This 100%. All it takes is 1 minute to confirm/deny what is happening. End of story.
But by taking it to after the WC, it's just making it worse and dragging his name through the mud.

Matt the Giant said:
Marvin said:
Maybe I'm being naïve, but fans should defend a player and give him the benefit of the doubt until we really know what he thinks

His agent has been pretty clear about that all day long. Had it not been accurate info, I'm pretty sure Yaya would have made that known.
You really believe Yaya is offended about the birthday? Too ridiculous to be true

I'm pretty confident that Yaya will put the record right in time.

Matt the Giant said:
Marvin said:
Maybe I'm being naïve, but fans should defend a player and give him the benefit of the doubt until we really know what he thinks

His agent has been pretty clear about that all day long. Had it not been accurate info, I'm pretty sure Yaya would have made that known.

This. Yaya has had time to rectify the issue but has instead opted to stay silent until after the WC. Sod that. Nobody messes with the club. I don't care who you are.

CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
RandomJ said:
This does seem to have Barca's finger prints all over it. They're not know for their ethical transfer tactics they probably told his agent if Yaya wants to go back he needs to kick up a fuss to try and lower his transfer fee.

Even if his price tag was sky high, MCFC wouldn't sell such a great player to Barcelona. It is not in our interests to strengthen our rivals.

But would we be strengthening them? maybe for a season (one in which we're handicapped anyway). But long term, we have to replace him anyway.
If we sell a 31 year old, we aren't giving away our future, and Barca wouldn't be buying much of one. IF we could replace him with a top notch mid 20's player, I'd consider it sharp business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.