Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Chippy_boy said:
pudge & rodge said:
Chippy_boy said:
Any number of reasons. Maybe he's asleep? It is the middle of the night in Qatar or wherever he is.

My personal view is that Seluk is pulling the strings and has told Yaya to shut the fuck up, trust me, i know what I am doing etc etc and leave the twitter business to me. And like a pillock, Yaya's gone along with it.
Problem with that is, I doubt Yaya is as gullible as you are

Well whatever the reason, I am 100.0000000% confident he did not post the offending tweet. There is not one atom of a shred of doubt about it.

You'd think the fact it was posted directly from Yaya's twitter account might create some form of doubt in your mind.

cleavers said:
sam-caddick said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Just thought. If Yaya goes, Milner can take his place in central midfield. Problem solved.

Nowhere near good enough to replace Yaya there.

Milner is a decent Spurs level central midfielder, not title chasers or European Cup level central midfielder.
Some irony missed here I suspect.
It was a bit tongue in cheek at first but actually, the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. He had a great season there for Villa and they weren't a bad team then. He's cheaper than Yaya, wants more games and presumably in central midfield.

City's PR team then come up with the wizard wheeze for Seluk to go off on one, making Toure's position untenable, selling him and getting someone decent in, also on lower wages.

Prestwich_Blue said:
cleavers said:
sam-caddick said:

Milner is a decent Spurs level central midfielder, not title chasers or European Cup level central midfielder.
It was a bit tongue in cheek at first but actually, the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. He had a great season there for Villa and they weren't a bad team then. He's cheaper than Yaya, wants more games and presumably in central midfield.

City's PR team then come up with the wizard wheeze for Seluk to go off on one, making Toure's position untenable, selling him and getting someone decent in, also on lower wages.
You're not catching me, not even this late.

sam-caddick said:
cleavers said:
sam-caddick said:

He can come in and do a job for a few games but not for a full season.

Is "come in and do a job" better or worse than "he can play in a number of positions" (in old language; seldom selected as first choice for any position.

Was the whole ground and the players, management etc not singing the Yaya/Kolo song when we beat West Ham, pissed off he has not squashed this and would be happy for him to go and be replaced with Cesc or some other ball player capable of triangles with Merlin & Sam.

The Blue said:
Well he's just added fuel to the fire

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27495420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27495420</a>

He could have very well put all this nonsense to bed now, but he's obviously after a move or a pay-rise. If he expects a new contract after every season we win something, then the club should tell him to swivel.

Sometimes footballers never cease to amaze me in just how greedy and disloyal some of them are.

It will leave an irreplaceable gap in our team (at least for some years), but i'd rather he not be in it now after this.

I think the club has grown too big to put up with players holding us to ransom and being so unprofessional in the public eye..it goes against all the stability which we're trying to put into place.

I have just been on the bein sport website and this alleged interview and quotes are not there. They have only reproduced the tweet version, so it's not clear where the BBC got these quotes from.

images

jollylescott said:
The Blue said:
Well he's just added fuel to the fire

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27495420" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27495420</a>

He could have very well put all this nonsense to bed now, but he's obviously after a move or a pay-rise. If he expects a new contract after every season we win something, then the club should tell him to swivel.

Sometimes footballers never cease to amaze me in just how greedy and disloyal some of them are.

It will leave an irreplaceable gap in our team (at least for some years), but i'd rather he not be in it now after this.

I think the club has grown too big to put up with players holding us to ransom and being so unprofessional in the public eye..it goes against all the stability which we're trying to put into place.

I have just been on the bein sport website and this alleged interview and quotes are not there. They have only reproduced the tweet version, so it's not clear where the BBC got these quotes from.

It is a rehash of a previous interview made to look like a response to this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.