Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

blueinsa said:
The more I think about this the more I think Yaya and his camp have got wind of us thinking he is not the future and we possibly are looking at cashing in.

Are we seeing a backlash from a jilted other half?

It's definitely plausible ... especially given Seluk's rant about Fernando and how he's bet that City won't win the league without Yaya next season. The first thing that crossed my mind when I was read those quotes was that maybe he wanted to go last summer and we gave him a new contract then promptly started negotiating for Fernando as a potential replacement. From the bitterness of the clown's comments that might well be the case.

cinnamon blue said:
cheers yaya for totally overshadowing and downgrading a double winning season and taking the shine of what should have been a great celebration. No one player is bigger than the club irrespective of how influential he is.

In that case, just carry on enjoying the double, mate.

We've seen a lot worse crises in our time as Blues but few better seasons. However this ends, our trajectory is upward

aguero93:20 said:
It's what I've been saying if either of you actually read what I posted. He's for sale. By putting him up for sale, Barca themselves lower his value. City have already said that Yaya is not for sale. So if Barca want to make an approach for Yaya, it'd want to be a bit more substantial than offering a straight swap for a player that they have deemed surplus to requirements. Understand? It's like me trying to buy your house, if you have it for sale, I might be able to get you to accept an offer of £100,000. If you dont' have it for sale, it could cost me closer to £150,000, it's simple economics, supply and demand set the selling price.

I'm not referring to how good Fabregas is or isn't, but that Barcelona don't use him as 1st choice in their team

a3upupa9.jpg

I thought barca are skint and after buying a new stadium? So how do they afford 30 mil plus and 250k a week plus what they are paying neymar messi xavi iniesta?

uwe rosler 28 said:
I thought barca are skint and after buying a new stadium? So how do they afford 30 mil plus and 250k a week plus what they are paying neymar messi xavi iniesta?

By swapping for Fabregas? Then potentially no fee and just a shortish term increase on wage bill.

cinnamon blue said:
cheers yaya for totally overshadowing and downgrading a double winning season and taking the shine of what should have been a great celebration. No one player is bigger than the club irrespective of how influential he is.

Don't let it.

We don't yet even know the full details and even if he wanted out be happy in the knowledge we have good people running the club that won't let him go without us securing a suitable replacement.

Matt the Giant said:
Go look at the teamsheet, he's started games when one of Neymar, Messi or Iniesta has been injured or the odd time when they've played with four in midfield. Their first choice team has been Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta-Pedro/Sanchez-Messi-Neymar for the front six. Besides, they've invited people to make offers for him Do you really think that makes him a first choice player in the way that Yaya is at City?

Yet out of 65 games all in all last season, Cesc started 52 and came on as a sub 13. he scored 15 goals and had 17 assists.

Squad player my ass. He'd be a given starter if fit, just as Hart, Zabaleta, Aguero, Kompany and Silva.
OK so that's why Barca have him for sale is it?

I suspect they have him for sale because he was meant to be the heir to Xavi, but it didn't turn out that way and he is somewhat unsettled and open to a move. I suspect he longs for a role like he had at Arsenal, where he ran the show and was the midfield metronome rather than a lesser part. However he obviously isn't a squad player, just from looking at those stats, even if he was it would be irrelevant because Barcelona hold all the cards- Fabregas is open to a move but is content where he is for now, where as Yaya has made it clear he wants to move and it is only a matter of time before a deal is done with another club. When we bought yaya we paid a large fee regardless of the fact that he was a firm squad player (who had fallen behind Keita in the pecking order). Barcelona will try to squeeze us for as much as possible, and would be expecting cash as well as Yaya as part of a deal for Fabregas. For that reason I would be quite happy if a straight swap was agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.