Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

blueparrot said:
SebastianBlue said:
karen7 said:
Sky have just asked roy hodgson if its important he knows when all the players birthdays are lol

Can't fault them for having a bit of fun with this bizarre affair.

Our PR team really needs to take hold soon, though. This will get out of hand and, as I said earlier, will soon look like we have no control.

Yaya and his agent are the ones who have lost control of it. Our PR team can just sit back . The whole world is laughing at them and they need to find a way out not the club.

just as well he does not celebrate his UNBIRTHDAYS or we could have blown the budget
on cake and streamers

LoveCity said:
Barca and Real won't want him, IMO. Barca need to rebuild but like Balague said, they need defensive protection more than anything, so I think they would go for a William Carvalho and look to the future under Enrique. And Real have an excellent midfield already.

PSG have spending sanctions like ours so could feasibly splash a big chunk of their budget on Yaya, but I doubt that too. They will also have the wage bill restriction so would have to get £200,000+/week off the books.

City will simply refuse to sell to a local rival, ruling out Chelsea, Arsenal and United.

For me, that leaves maybe only Monaco, free of FFP sanctions for another season and desperate to compete with PSG. He's played for them before and there is the whole tax thing.

I really hope this is settled though, because Yaya is such a perfect player for the Premier League. I don't think we can replace him directly and instead would need to alter the system and feel of the team, which could work or could take us down that 5%. And we know how fine the margin can be in the Premier League. Carefully managed and not so overworked (made easier if we sign Fernando), there are still quite a few good years left in Yaya. He is about 4 years younger than Lampard, who has still been contributing to Chelsea throughout his 30s.
I still think Barca will want him. He loves that club and their fans love him. The trouble is they will want to pay peanuts for him given his high salary. They may feign disinterest at the moment but I would be surprised if they had not tapped up Yaya's agent starting this fiasco.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Official Yaya Toure Twitter fans = 483,000
Official Cristiano Ronaldo Twitter fans = 26,100,000

Is that how you measure success these days?

No, but Twitter is a good gauge of how many people actually care what someone has to say.

Bollocks. Footballers use Twitter because they only know short words and can sort of indicate some sort of interest within 140 chars.

Yaya was spouting on the other day about plastic bags and if we all stop using them we'll save the world ... blah, blah, blah. But if he gets his Bugatti (as his agent has clearly hinted) he could be pumping out CO2 at nearly 600g/km on his next trip to Aldi. Why would you be interested in people like that?

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
Official Yaya Toure Twitter fans = 483,000
Official Cristiano Ronaldo Twitter fans = 26,100,000

Is that how you measure success these days?

No, but Twitter is a good gauge of how many people actually care what someone has to say.

Alternatively it could mean that one person has more losers foloowing them than someone else.

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Give over.

This is fuck all. Sort of thing that happens in football all the time.

It's quite entertaining,

Haha, I was thinking that yesterday. Nice to have something to concentrate the mind until the world cup. So actually thank you Seluk, you massive twat.

I'd be much more bothered if it Silva.

Yaya brings footballing problems as well as brilliance. I can handle the idea of a better tackler alongside Fernandinho.

I'd rather he stayed, but at 31 I am not going to be shedding a tear if he goes and we get good money for him.

There are certain teams who will play a fair value for him considering his age etc. Monaco, for example will do what we used to and pay well over the odds.

We should hold out (within reason) for a club who pay a silly amount for him.

Dubai Blue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
How would people feel if it was announced in the next couple of weeks that he has signed a new improved contract? Pleased that we've kept him or disappointed that the club have ceded to Seluk/Yaya's ridiculous strategy? At this point if he stays due to a back down or the club refusing to budge, I wouldn't mind so much but if he gets what he wants by behaving this way, I'd be pretty pissed off.
A pay rise would be very disappointing and I really can't see City cave in to this. Not after they've worked so hard on restructuring all the contracts. He's either staying on the same terms or we'll be selling him.
Never mind all the "statement after the WC" crap, the club needs to know now so that the squad can be planned for next season. I'm sure the club will have contacted him, given him this stay or leave ultimatum and be demanding to know his position by some deadline like tomorrow.

However, whatever the outcome, Yaya will have lost all the respect that he had, which will be a fitting end to this mock boo-boo hissy fit of his.

MCFCinUSA said:
SebastianBlue said:
karen7 said:
Sky have just asked roy hodgson if its important he knows when all the players birthdays are lol

Can't fault them for having a bit of fun with this bizarre affair.

Our PR team really needs to take hold soon, though. This will get out of hand and, as I said earlier, will soon look like we have no control.

& there I was thinking this was playing out just perfectly (for City) in the media

think it through...

(as for Yaya's valuation and the clubs who might want & be able to afford him, I've no idea what's going on in Barca, or if he would fancy a return to Monaco, but I'd be shocked if someone hadn't of checked into matters on Yaya's side before laying down the trail of cake crumbs)

I have (it is quite literally my job to consider the long game so I have a tendency of doing it with everything). While it may seem a good tactic to sit back and allow Seluk to spout bizarre diatribes—and for a time it is—beyond a certain point it begins to have a detrimental effect on many aspects of operations, including current and future proposed transfer negotiations, economic development concerns, and media relations.

If it were Marcos Lopes' agent going about making these claims my analysis would be very different but this is a mainstay in our squad who is considered by many (including quite a few very public analysts) to be one of the best midfielders in the world, right or wrong. Influence is greater and potential for loss of control more likely. To think that we should not attempt to influence the narrative is a bit naive.

This is just par for the course every summer.....
Season ends, Yaya supposedly vests his frustration about lack of respect, Blah, blah, blah
same last year ( someone posted a link to the same shit that happened last season end, and it was verbatim almost to this year) only this time it's blown up massive!
The utter bollocks uttered by his slimy money grabbing "agent" about not having his birthday celebrated, he had a cake from the club and the players, and had happy birthday sang to him twice by the players, its just agitation, he wants to move to Barca, he's stated it in the past, and this story is something cooked up between him and his agent as a way to make his position untenable, force City's hand so we have to sell, but City are just standing back, not getting involved or fanning the flames, while Yaya and his agent make total dicks of themselves in the media!
This will backfire on Yaya, if we hold firm and refuse to sell on the cheap, he will get so much grief at the start of next season, "happy birthday" and kiplings fancies will rain down on him at Wembley in the Charity shield......

6bd444a9b03d077e0383e3a1dc879167.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.