Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

JJCMCFC said:
JJCMCFC said:
6bd444a9b03d077e0383e3a1dc879167.jpg

Or if you prefer...

h342B9AD4

or

how-about-a-nice-cup-of-shut-the-fu.jpg

ha ha only jk

aguero93:20 said:
CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
We can't use it against transfers coming in to replace Yaya unless we get all of it this summer??

Well, if we receive £20 million now, we'd have a budget of £70 million to spend on Pogba (40mil) , Fernando(18mil) and Shawcross (12mil).

Selling Toure and replacing him is an option but I hope it doesn't happen.
If we are to sell Yaya, I very much doubt we could get a replacement in under budget if we were to only receive £20m for him. You've quoted Pogba above but the second there's so much as a sniff of Juve being open to offers every big hitter will be in trying to sign him, so it would be nice to have a bit of budget in reserve.

At the moment we have 50 million to spend. After PSG pay us the first installment we will have 70 million. Enough to buy Pogba, Fernando and Shawcross I reckon. Given that Pogba is on really low wages, he would definitely move if offered decent deal. Juve will have to sell him if the player says he wants to go. They'll have no choice.

It's doable but I have a feeling that we will show Yaya who is boss by ordering him to train with the reserves.

To me shows deep down he is a coward and cares nothing for the club or fans. He joined in all the celebrations this title win (unlike like last time), am i right in thinking he he didn't even show up for the parade in 2012?. This year he couldn't have got his face and words in more if he tried he even did a live on pitch interview with sky. He seemed very happy on the roof of the bus and saiyng how happy he was, the fans still sing about his family (Kolo) in the Toure song.

Is this coincidence or was it planned to get his face on as many cameras as possible?

I know one thing for sure the club both owners and staff will be seething with these comments especially the chairman after watching his end of season interview he was proud how the players had knuckled down and no off putting tabloid stories after the Mancini era distractions.

It's a massive gamble by Toure and his agent to take on the owners after they proved they will play hard all with these types of things off players i.e Tevez.

Shaelumstash said:
SebastianBlue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Never underestimate the desire from people who are very very rich to want even more.

Having grown up in that world I can confirm that it is indeed a prerequisite to being wealthy, unfortunately. Greed and avarice breeds greed and avarice. And a mind seeking wealth, when successful, believes continued success to be predicated on building further wealth.

I completely agree with you in terms on entrepreneurs and people in the business world. It is often their drive for wealth that helps them to become wealthy. Their success is measured by how much money they can make. Sportsmen are rather different though. Success is not only measured by wealth, and it is certainly not the only motivation for them.

I think your point is valid when related to Seluk, as he is a business man who's seemingly only motivation is money. I don't personally believe that is Yaya's sole motivation. I think he craves success on the pitch, and also craves the kind of recognition that the top players in the world receive. Whether that is winning personal accolades, or being the highest paid player, I don't think Yaya's sole motivation is money.

I agree with your points regarding business people and his agent. However, I think the footballing world is changing. In the past I would agree the greatest motivation for footballers was glory. But generational focuses change and I believe status has begun to become just as important. Unfortunately, in a capitalist system status is usually equated with material wealth, which requires money. The more money the more possessions one accumulates. I won't go into a long winded analysis of hyperreality in the world of sport but in short I think money and recognition are equal drivers of today's adult athletes (as is the case for the population at large). There does seem to be trend away from that with the younger generation demanding ethical satisfaction, which has its benefits and concerns, but I don't believe Yaya is of that generation (and it requires conditioning, which is where the trend has originated).

Still, these are just my thoughts.

CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
Well, if we receive £20 million now, we'd have a budget of £70 million to spend on Pogba (40mil) , Fernando(18mil) and Shawcross (12mil).

Selling Toure and replacing him is an option but I hope it doesn't happen.
If we are to sell Yaya, I very much doubt we could get a replacement in under budget if we were to only receive £20m for him. You've quoted Pogba above but the second there's so much as a sniff of Juve being open to offers every big hitter will be in trying to sign him, so it would be nice to have a bit of budget in reserve.

At the moment we have 50 million to spend. After PSG pay us the first installment we will have 70 million. Enough to buy Pogba, Fernando and Shawcross I reckon. Given that Pogba is on really low wages, he would definitely move if offered decent deal. Juve will have to sell him if the player says he wants to go. They'll have no choice.

It's doable but I have a feeling that we will show Yaya who is boss by ordering him to train with the reserves.
Yes but we'll instantly be competing with Monaco, Barca, Real and the Rags the second he does decide he wants to leave. Which means that the price could easily top £40m. Also the shawcross deal looks extremely unlikely to me and another CB could cost us more.

roj said:
This is probably gonna get more media coverage than us winning the league.

well of course it will, its a negative. the media love anything negative about our club.

the bottom line is platini has a lot to answer for. his demolition of our squad agenda has started.

MCFCinUSA said:
SebastianBlue said:
MCFCinUSA said:
& there I was thinking this was playing out just perfectly (for City) in the media

think it through...

(as for Yaya's valuation and the clubs who might want & be able to afford him, I've no idea what's going on in Barca, or if he would fancy a return to Monaco, but I'd be shocked if someone hadn't of checked into matters on Yaya's side before laying down the trail of cake crumbs)

I have (it is quite literally my job to consider the long game so I have a tendency of doing it with everything). While it may seem a good tactic to sit back and allow Seluk to spout bizarre diatribes—and for a time it is—beyond a certain point it begins to have a detrimental effect on many aspects of operations, including current and future proposed transfer negotiations, economic development concerns, and media relations.

If it were Marcos Lopes' agent going about making these claims my analysis would be very different but this is a mainstay in our squad who is considered by many (including quite a few very public analysts) to be one of the best midfielders in the world, right or wrong. Influence is greater and potential for loss of control more likely. To think that we should not attempt to influence the narrative is a bit naive.

I don't understand what you're talking about.

The only people coming off badly here are Yaya & his agent.

City have done nothing wrong, and neither do they need to respond publicly on such a farcical matter.

We do have a situation regarding our squad and who will be in it next year, and all that surrounds this, but that's nothing to do with PR initiatives.

It's not a PR problem we have at all, rather the opposite (if you want to look for REAL PROBLEMS that actually need our attention, thought & action)

Hmm, I agree we have other concerns (having other issues is not an argument against action for a specific one) but I am not sure how someone could argue this is not a PR concern for the club. You are correct in that it does not seem we have done anything wrong but anyone that has any experience in the business world knows that does not mean PR issues do not arise that require management. In fact, PR firms make quite a lot of money managing crises arising entirely from perception—this would be an example.

Are you arguing perception is not important to the affective management of the operations I listed above?

Chill the fuck out.

Yaya Toure will be a city player next season. No question. Too many people have bit and swallowed it whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.