Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

This is probably gonna get more media coverage than us winning the league.

JJCMCFC said:
6bd444a9b03d077e0383e3a1dc879167.jpg

Or if you prefer...

h342B9AD4

CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
aguero93:20 said:
CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
You mean the money we could receive from PSG ? We don't have to use it. It can be put in the bank.
We can't use it against transfers coming in to replace Yaya unless we get all of it this summer??

Well, if we receive £20 million now, we'd have a budget of £70 million to spend on Pogba (40mil) , Fernando(18mil) and Shawcross (12mil).

Selling Toure and replacing him is an option but I hope it doesn't happen.
If we are to sell Yaya, I very much doubt we could get a replacement in under budget if we were to only receive £20m for him. You've quoted Pogba above but the second there's so much as a sniff of Juve being open to offers every big hitter will be in trying to sign him, so it would be nice to have a bit of budget in reserve.

I'm not sure that it really matters whether his birthday was genuinely an issue (we mostly assume not), whether he really feels a lack of 'respect' from the club (again this seems ridiculous), how much his agent is manipulating yaya or it's being done with yaya's consent, whether they are angling for a move or a payrise, who actually wrote the tweets, etc

If any of this stuff were genuine, you don't address it by going public first. It therefore has to be a plea either for a move or for a payrise. Whether he believes in the nonsense being peddled or is using it as an excuse is close to irrelevant

The fact remains we have worked really hard on getting rid of these kinds of dramas under MP and the current exec team, with great success, acknowledged by both press & fans to have been a big reason behind our form this season

For yaya and/or his agent to act like this undermines all of that. IMO it is because of the improvements in these areas mentioned above that the press have thankfully taken the stance they have. Can you imagine if it was on the immediate back of tevez & balotelli dramas - I think the press would have taken a different stance in that instance

But it is yaya's team that are the ones showing a lack of respect for the club, not the other way round. This has to be nipped in the bud quickly. I don't believe it can wait until after the WC as if he is to go, that changes our whole approach to the transfer window. It's not just the current issue that needs resolving but also an attempt to stop it rearing it's head again

As it happens, I think yaya will stay. We aren't going to offer him any more money. We don't want to sell him. We are unlikely to get any money for him if he stays til the end of his contract - will he then be 34 ? I find it hard to believe anyone will offer these figures of 30/40/50 mil some people on here are suggesting - he's 31, he's on huge money (whatever his agent says I doubt he'd move for anything less than an increase to his current terms, especially for anyone other than Barca) plus if he goes now it's because he wants to leave

However if someone were to come in with an offer of £30+ mil, I believe we simply have to take it. This nonsense is simply not worth the hassle at that level.

SebastianBlue said:
MCFCinUSA said:
SebastianBlue said:
Can't fault them for having a bit of fun with this bizarre affair.

Our PR team really needs to take hold soon, though. This will get out of hand and, as I said earlier, will soon look like we have no control.

& there I was thinking this was playing out just perfectly (for City) in the media

think it through...

(as for Yaya's valuation and the clubs who might want & be able to afford him, I've no idea what's going on in Barca, or if he would fancy a return to Monaco, but I'd be shocked if someone hadn't of checked into matters on Yaya's side before laying down the trail of cake crumbs)

I have (it is quite literally my job to consider the long game so I have a tendency of doing it with everything). While it may seem a good tactic to sit back and allow Seluk to spout bizarre diatribes—and for a time it is—beyond a certain point it begins to have a detrimental effect on many aspects of operations, including current and future proposed transfer negotiations, economic development concerns, and media relations.

If it were Marcos Lopes' agent going about making these claims my analysis would be very different but this is a mainstay in our squad who is considered by many (including quite a few very public analysts) to be one of the best midfielders in the world, right or wrong. Influence is greater and potential for loss of control more likely. To think that we should not attempt to influence the narrative is a bit naive.

I don't understand what you're talking about.

The only people coming off badly here are Yaya & his agent.

City have done nothing wrong, and neither do they need to respond publicly on such a farcical matter.

We do have a situation regarding our squad and who will be in it next year, and all that surrounds this, but that's nothing to do with PR initiatives.

It's not a PR problem we have at all, rather the opposite (if you want to look for REAL PROBLEMS that actually need our attention, thought & action)

Pablo ZZZ Peroni said:
SebastianBlue said:
karen7 said:
Sky have just asked roy hodgson if its important he knows when all the players birthdays are lol

Can't fault them for having a bit of fun with this bizarre affair.

Our PR team really needs to take hold soon, though. This will get out of hand and, as I said earlier, will soon look like we have no control.

What do you expect them to do? The club isn't being attacked.

There are always to influence media coverage without releasing official statements. I have several friends at PR firms that could give them a list of suggested actions. These same people agree that we are soon approaching the threshold where the both City and Yaya begin to look out of sorts (not quite there yet, though).

I'm not implying they need to have a press conference but as of right now we have not found any evidence of influence. And the twitter postings, which is one of the most public and easily disseminated mediums for the club communication is ignoring the affair as if it is not happening (which is usually something that is strongly discouraged in the PR world).

Here's hoping he has a good world cup and plenty of suitors for his signature. To bank £40m for a 31 year old who blows hot and cold is absolutely incredible. We could use that money to bring younger and brighter players on board such as Pogba, Vidal or Fabregas.

If he stays..we need to sign someone to eventually replace him..Vidal seems to be the nearest match, but will come with a massive fee

Got to think this is where our scouts earn their wages in finding replacements that don't cost the earth. If he tries this again, we would be in a very very strong position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.