Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

NorthernBoy said:
It's Simple,
The Chairman And Manager Need To Ask Him To Explain What Has Happened And Give Him The Opportunity To Express His Intentions Whether It Be To Stay Or Leave.

If He Wants To Go, We Say Thanks For Your Services, We Get Big Money For Him And Gain Huge Respect From The Football World For Basically Not Bending Over To Big Player Ego.
If He Wants To Stay, And Gives The Club And The Supporters A Reasonable Account Of This Ridiculous Story Then Great, Buisness As Usual.

Don't Panic, No Matter What The Outcome, City Will Not Be Shaken At All By This. Those In Charge Will Use The Resources We Have To Rectify The Situation And We Will Metaphorically Pick Up The Remote, Press Resume And Continue To Watch This "Stupendous" Film That Is Manchester City Football Club.
How DO you do that?

aguero93:20 said:
CHAMPIONS 2014 said:
aguero93:20 said:
If we are to sell Yaya, I very much doubt we could get a replacement in under budget if we were to only receive £20m for him. You've quoted Pogba above but the second there's so much as a sniff of Juve being open to offers every big hitter will be in trying to sign him, so it would be nice to have a bit of budget in reserve.

At the moment we have 50 million to spend. After PSG pay us the first installment we will have 70 million. Enough to buy Pogba, Fernando and Shawcross I reckon. Given that Pogba is on really low wages, he would definitely move if offered decent deal. Juve will have to sell him if the player says he wants to go. They'll have no choice.

It's doable but I have a feeling that we will show Yaya who is boss by ordering him to train with the reserves.
Yes but we'll instantly be competing with Monaco, Barca, Real and the Rags the second he does decide he wants to leave. Which means that the price could easily top £40m. Also the shawcross deal looks extremely unlikely to me and another CB could cost us more.

No club will offer more than £40 million.

I believe that we will have an advantage over all the other clubs because we have a team that Pogba would fit into, and there's virtually no competition if Toure leaves. If Pogba goes to Real he'd have to compete with Modric, Illaramendi , Alonso, Khedira.

gio's side step said:
Chill the fuck out.

Yaya Toure will be a city player next season. No question. Too many people have bit and swallowed it whole.

I hope so - the atmosphere will be interesting. I welcomed Carlos back but not sure how I'll feel if this drags on through the summer.

Let's take stock of our Yaya aka the Montrous Phenom vis a vis MCFC.

On the field;

Was Yaya vital & pivotal to our successes?
Has Yaya contributed to MCFC brand recognition?
Has Yaya been under-appreciated by our fans & club?

Let's take the case of Nasri. What an improvement he made with Pellers in charge.
Somebody dropped a ball when it comes to Yaya. Our owner should take to task those responsible for ensuring the well being (not just physical) of our top players.

Its a FACT that Yaya is a Top WC player. Do I need to remind us of his monstrous run ala maradona goal ..The cheering on of his run from our half & the expected goal!

All top WC footballers wants to be appreciated & recognized.

Recall CR threw a strop because RM didn't 'valued or deliver promises made to him to support him for awards & recognitions '. Once RM made him a happy camper CR delivered this season! Right?

Likewise Yaya needs to be 'recognized & respected' amongst us first!
All the external accolades, & awards will follow.
It's not about money
That's not difficult is it?

I saw a post asking if the club celebrates other players birthdays and I just wanted to share this, I think they do because this is a picture from David Silva's this year and it looks like it was taken at Carrington because of the city pictures around and the happy birthday banner! So perhaps Yaya's was forgotten understandably because it was on a very busy day the parade and the flight and all but thats I don't think it is a proper reason for Yaya to throw a fit

<a class="postlink" href="http://24.media.tumblr.com/1c662ea97e5399f1462fcb99fc1fc4ca/tumblr_n5xf93hGz71r8v57do1_500.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://24.media.tumblr.com/1c662ea97e53 ... o1_500.jpg</a>

blueplan said:
Let's take stock of our Yaya aka the Montrous Phenom vis a vis MCFC.

On the field;

Was Yaya vital & pivotal to our successes?
Has Yaya contributed to MCFC brand recognition?
Has Yaya been under-appreciated by our fans & club?

Let's take the case of Nasri. What an improvement he made with Pellers in charge.
Somebody dropped a ball when it comes to Yaya. Our owner should take to task those responsible for ensuring the well being (not just physical) of our top players.

Its a FACT that Yaya is a Top WC player. Do I need to remind us of his monstrous run ala maradona goal ..The cheering on of his run from our half & the expected goal!

All top WC footballers wants to be appreciated & recognized.

Recall CR threw a strop because RM didn't 'valued or deliver promises made to him to support him for awards & recognitions '. Once RM made him a happy camper CR delivered this season! Right?

Likewise Yaya needs to be 'recognized & respected' amongst us first!
All the external accolades, & awards will follow.
It's not about money
That's not difficult is it?

Seluk, you can end all of this now by making one phone call.

willy eckerslike said:
gio's side step said:
Chill the fuck out.

Yaya Toure will be a city player next season. No question. Too many people have bit and swallowed it whole.

I hope so - the atmosphere will be interesting. I welcomed Carlos back but not sure how I'll feel if this drags on through the summer.

The club will have spoken to Toure. And would have been much firmer publically had it got real legs. 140 characters on Twitter is devoid of any context. Only this agent fella has really spoken out. I would have preferred City responded publically to laugh it off but in hindsight no comment is better than fuelling a nonsensical fire.

SebastianBlue said:
MCFCinUSA said:
SebastianBlue said:
I have (it is quite literally my job to consider the long game so I have a tendency of doing it with everything). While it may seem a good tactic to sit back and allow Seluk to spout bizarre diatribes—and for a time it is—beyond a certain point it begins to have a detrimental effect on many aspects of operations, including current and future proposed transfer negotiations, economic development concerns, and media relations.

If it were Marcos Lopes' agent going about making these claims my analysis would be very different but this is a mainstay in our squad who is considered by many (including quite a few very public analysts) to be one of the best midfielders in the world, right or wrong. Influence is greater and potential for loss of control more likely. To think that we should not attempt to influence the narrative is a bit naive.

I don't understand what you're talking about.

The only people coming off badly here are Yaya & his agent.

City have done nothing wrong, and neither do they need to respond publicly on such a farcical matter.

We do have a situation regarding our squad and who will be in it next year, and all that surrounds this, but that's nothing to do with PR initiatives.

It's not a PR problem we have at all, rather the opposite (if you want to look for REAL PROBLEMS that actually need our attention, thought & action)

Hmm, I agree we have other concerns (having other issues is not an argument against action for a specific one) but I am not sure how someone could argue this is not a PR concern for the club. You are correct in that it does not seem we have done anything wrong but anyone that has any experience in the business world knows that does not mean PR issues do not arise that require management. In fact, PR firms make quite a lot of money managing crises arising entirely from perception—this would be an example.

Are you arguing perception is not important to the affective management of the operations I listed above?
The main reason businesses reach for the nearest PR agency at a time of 'crisis' is to protect their share price. Thankfully, that's not something City need to worry about and at this stage in proceedings I don't see much we can or need to do. The media are overwhelmingly on our side at the moment (or at least enjoying taking the piss out of Yaya), so there's no need to step in at all as things stand as City aren't being damaged.

Everything dimitry said is true . He speaks for me . I will give an interview after world cup to explain

This tweet was made exactly 24 hours ago and still on Yaya's twitter.

No way he is still sleeping since that or didnt check the internet at all. If his account was hacked he surely could have make things happen since that.

SebastianBlue said:
Shaelumstash said:
SebastianBlue said:
Having grown up in that world I can confirm that it is indeed a prerequisite to being wealthy, unfortunately. Greed and avarice breeds greed and avarice. And a mind seeking wealth, when successful, believes continued success to be predicated on building further wealth.

I completely agree with you in terms on entrepreneurs and people in the business world. It is often their drive for wealth that helps them to become wealthy. Their success is measured by how much money they can make. Sportsmen are rather different though. Success is not only measured by wealth, and it is certainly not the only motivation for them.

I think your point is valid when related to Seluk, as he is a business man who's seemingly only motivation is money. I don't personally believe that is Yaya's sole motivation. I think he craves success on the pitch, and also craves the kind of recognition that the top players in the world receive. Whether that is winning personal accolades, or being the highest paid player, I don't think Yaya's sole motivation is money.

I agree with your points regarding business people and his agent. However, I think the footballing world is changing. In the past I would agree the greatest motivation for footballers was glory. But generational focuses change and I believe status has begun to become just as important. Unfortunately, in a capitalist system status is usually equated with material wealth, which requires money. The more money the more possessions one accumulates. I won't go into a long winded analysis of hyperreality in the world of sport but in short I think money and recognition are equal drivers of today's adult athletes (as is the case for the population at large). There does seem to be trend away from that with the younger generation demanding ethical satisfaction, which has its benefits and concerns, but I don't believe Yaya is of that generation (and it requires conditioning, which is where the trend has originated).

Still, these are just my thoughts.

I completely understand where you are coming from, and in the main I agree with the points you are making. However, I think sport, and football in particular, there are other measures of a player's status that are more important than personal wealth.

Samuel Eto'o was one of the highest paid players in the world at Anzhi, but if anything his status fell when he went there. Messi could have doubled his wage if he's moved to Anzhi, but he would have had no chance of winning the Balon D'Or or the Champions League, so he'd rather stay at Barca.

As I said earlier, I do think being the highest paid player is important for the top footballers, but I think their motivation is more about being seen as the best. Messi becoming the highest paid player in the world probably helps to validate his opinion that he is the best player. I think that is more important to him than the extra 3 million cash a year.

I think winning is the primary motivation for most sportsmen. You have to have that personality type as a kid to stand out in the first place. Of course the money is important, but I think it's more about what the money represents - i.e. the recognition.

The difference I think with money driven people in the business world is that the money, and material possessions are the measures of success which motivate them. They could care less about the industry accolades, because they grew up imagining having the Ferrari and the Yacht. Whereas I think most footballers grow up imagining winning the World Cup, Champions League, and Balon D'Or.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.