Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

SebastianBlue said:
MCFCinUSA said:
SebastianBlue said:
Hmm, I agree we have other concerns (having other issues is not an argument against action for a specific one) but I am not sure how someone could argue this is not a PR concern for the club. You are correct in that it does not seem we have done anything wrong but anyone that has any experience in the business world knows that does not mean PR issues do not arise that require management. In fact, PR firms make quite a lot of money managing crises arising entirely from perception—this would be an example.

Are you arguing perception is not important to the affective management of the operations I listed above?

I've read all your posts in the last dozen or so pages and cod psychology offerings, and think you are way off base with all of it.

City do not have a PR problem here, and as others have said, suggesting we do is laughable. This whole thing (on the public pronouncements made by Yaya & his agent) is a joke. Our PR strategy, which you keep on harping on about, is probably very much an 'action through inaction' approach, or wei-wu-wei if you're familiar with Eastern philosophical tenets.

Our problem is on the pitch, and relates to who will be in our squad (who's coming in and who's going out); so what anyone thinks about any of this outside our club (other than the players we're looking to recruit & those directly involved with such) - like the folks on the street and our supporters & others, is immaterial and irrelevant.

Yaya has the PR problem right now, not City.

I'm obviously not going to change your mind. Though, I really can't understand how you can say "Our problem is on the pitch, and relates to who will be in our squad (who's coming in and who's going out)", and then indicate that PR has nothing to do with that, before saying "(other than the players we're looking to recruit & those directly involved with such)". I could understand if your argument is that we are handling it, as Dubai's is (which I am not convinced of but I understand his argument), but yours seems contradictory. Are you perhaps arguing a point I am not making?

Perception effects all aspects of business, even in the footballing world, and perception of a lack of control, or of mainstay leaving, or of poor management (even though you and I agree completely that we have done nothing wrong) does affect operations. I just do not understand how anyone with experience in the business world can argue otherwise.

It is a PR problem whether we caused it our not; whether we are handling it or not. I'm not sure why indicating the obvious is laughable.

I'm also not sure why you are so hostile toward me, as I've just been debating with fellow blues about certain points. No need to take it personally.

I'll spell it out to you before I disappear for the next few hours:

- we need to sort things out with Yaya;
- is he going to be with us next season? (and he could be because we hold his contract and no one else might be able to afford him) or
- might he have a suitor in Barca and will we sell him on?
- who might we go after to replace him?

NONE of the above is dealt with by issuing PR releases, besides which we don't need to issue PR releases about this, which is as big of a joke (PR-wise) as you could possibly imagine.

What you think about this and what I think about it is immaterial, and any amount of press releases and posturing isn't likely to make any difference to the mammoth PR fuck-up that Yaya & his agent have created.

It's all a fait accompli.

So.. as so many others have pointed out, just relax and stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Sam the Eagle will be looking into things, as will the rest of our staff (that's those responsible for managing the team and negotiating the commercial aspects of things) whilst the good people engaged in our PR are busy writing about our community involvements and commercial operations (merchandising) not about Yaya Toure's agent's brain farts.

Leave it play out in the media, let Yaya make an absolute prick of himself.

Keep feeding little bits of information about how City have bent over backwards for the **** and expose him for what he is without publicly doing so.

Take our transfer fee and have Zabba fucking knee-cap him the next time he plays against us.

SebastianBlue said:
DavidSilvasLeftFoot said:
I refuse to believe any of this. His agent must have a gun to his head or something. This is a conspiracy involving Platini and UEFA.

Let's fully explore that theory. ;-)

It all makes so much sense now! UEFA's beloved Barca, Real and United didn't win the respective titles this year, and they wont have it. They need Yaya to sign for one of these clubs.

Proelia said:

Oh okay...

jeffrey_dahmer.jpg

[bigimg]http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Ce8AJu_KgVs/maxresdefault.jpg[/bigimg]

MCFCinUSA said:
SebastianBlue said:
MCFCinUSA said:
I've read all your posts in the last dozen or so pages and cod psychology offerings, and think you are way off base with all of it.

City do not have a PR problem here, and as others have said, suggesting we do is laughable. This whole thing (on the public pronouncements made by Yaya & his agent) is a joke. Our PR strategy, which you keep on harping on about, is probably very much an 'action through inaction' approach, or wei-wu-wei if you're familiar with Eastern philosophical tenets.

Our problem is on the pitch, and relates to who will be in our squad (who's coming in and who's going out); so what anyone thinks about any of this outside our club (other than the players we're looking to recruit & those directly involved with such) - like the folks on the street and our supporters & others, is immaterial and irrelevant.

Yaya has the PR problem right now, not City.

I'm obviously not going to change your mind. Though, I really can't understand how you can say "Our problem is on the pitch, and relates to who will be in our squad (who's coming in and who's going out)", and then indicate that PR has nothing to do with that, before saying "(other than the players we're looking to recruit & those directly involved with such)". I could understand if your argument is that we are handling it, as Dubai's is (which I am not convinced of but I understand his argument), but yours seems contradictory. Are you perhaps arguing a point I am not making?

Perception effects all aspects of business, even in the footballing world, and perception of a lack of control, or of mainstay leaving, or of poor management (even though you and I agree completely that we have done nothing wrong) does affect operations. I just do not understand how anyone with experience in the business world can argue otherwise.

It is a PR problem whether we caused it our not; whether we are handling it or not. I'm not sure why indicating the obvious is laughable.

I'm also not sure why you are so hostile toward me, as I've just been debating with fellow blues about certain points. No need to take it personally.

I'll spell it out to you before I disappear for the next few hours:

- we need to sort things out with Yaya;
- is he going to be with us next season? (and he could be because we hold his contract and no one else might be able to afford him) or
- might he have a suitor in Barca and will we sell him on?
- who might we go after to replace him?

NONE of the above is dealt with by issuing PR releases, besides which we don't need to issue PR releases about this, which is as big of a joke (PR-wise) as you could possibly imagine.

What you think about this and what I think about it is immaterial, and any amount of press releases and posturing isn't likely to make any difference to the mammoth PR fuck-up that Yaya & his agent have created.

It's all a fait accompli.

So.. as so many others have pointed out, just relax and stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Sam the Eagle will be looking into things, as will the rest of our staff (that's those responsible for managing the team and negotiating the commercial aspects of things) whilst the good people engaged in our PR are busy writing about our community involvements and commercial operations (merchandising) not about Yaya Toure's agent's brain farts.

Thank you for confirming we are arguing different points, it saves us both time and effort of continuing the discussion. And that we come from different experience levels with operations of this kind. You seem to be taking a very myopic view of the potential effects of this situation, which is somewhat confusing given your earlier comment about thinking "it through". Long-term analysis is by definition am attempt to understand all foreseeable effects of an action or circumstance beyond the immediate or obvious.

I have to say, though, again, no need to take the debates personally.

i now fully understand the reasoning behind BillyShears calling the man a ****.

i wonder if there is one bigger than that in the world. maybe in female blue red whales.

or else my theory about him being daft and just an agent's marionette can be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.