Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

TheMightyQuinn said:
Plaything of the gods said:
Matt the Giant said:
The thing is Yaya himself said he stands by everything his agent wrote on twitter. He could instead have been a bit more diplomatic and respectful, but chose not to.
The agent speaks for Yaya. That is his job. Yaya could have stopped him, apologised, sacked him, spoken. The fact is that Yaya has said nothing and done nothing (in public) about this bizarre fiasco. rather, Yaya has continued to let himself be the butt of a joke that the whole world, and not least City fans, have enjoyed.

That is why there is no benefit of the doubt to give. Yaya is being disrespectful by omission whilst his agent is disrespectful - and downright odious - by commission.

He's guilty of being thick and unthinking but ALL players are like that.

He's not done anything yet to deserve some of the reactions on here.
Vincent Kompany included? I think that's a pretty insulting statement to make.

...perhaps he has a book coming out?...

for someone whinging about not getting enough attention, he's doing rather well...

TheMightyQuinn said:
Matt the Giant said:
The thing is Yaya himself said he stands by everything his agent wrote on twitter. He could instead have been a bit more diplomatic and respectful, but chose not to.
The agent speaks for Yaya. That is his job. Yaya could have stopped him, apologised, sacked him, spoken. The fact is that Yaya has said nothing and done nothing (in public) about this bizarre fiasco. rather, Yaya has continued to let himself be the butt of a joke that the whole world, and not least City fans, have enjoyed.

That is why there is no benefit of the doubt to give. Yaya is being disrespectful by omission whilst his agent is disrespectful - and downright odious - by commission.

PA-12268988.jpg

without a dream said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

He's had 3 days now to come out with some bullshit about how it was all a misunderstanding. I think it's safe to say Yaya agrees with his gobshite of an agent.

How do you know that he hasn't already put the record straight with the club? Or does he have to post it on here too?

Oh, and why didn't you have an issue with Yaya last year when his agent said similar things?

TheMightyQuinn said:
Matt the Giant said:

Fair enough, there are quite a few people who have contributed to this thread who don't think Yaya should have to take responsibility for the things a man he employs as his public representative says in his name. Personally, I don't think that view stands up to much scrutiny but everyone is entitled to their opinion on what has happened.

It's obviously a ruse by our owners to take the heat off the £59m. Played a blinder.

M18CTID said:
without a dream said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

He's had 3 days now to come out with some bullshit about how it was all a misunderstanding. I think it's safe to say Yaya agrees with his gobshite of an agent.

How do you know that he hasn't already put the record straight with the club? Or does he have to post it on here too?

Oh, and why didn't you have an issue with Yaya last year when his agent said similar things?

The disrespectful remarks were made publicly so it isn't unreasonable to expect any apology or setting the record straight to be pubic also. As far as the comments last year, I'm sure plenty of people weren't over the moon about them but as far as I am aware they weren't as disrespectful. For instance, I'm fairly sure there was no implictaion that Sheikh Mansour was trying to buy relationships etc last summer. I might be wrong though, I can't recall exactly what was said last year.

M18CTID said:
without a dream said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Given his obsession with respect and the comedic figure he's become I suspect he'd make a public comment.

How do you know I didn't? Last year it was a blatant negotiating tactic, which is irritating but understandable when you're actually in the process of negotiating a contract. I thought he was better than publicly trying to engineer another move or eke another few grand a week out of the club when he's contracted to 34, you live and you learn.

Lancet Fluke said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Fair enough, there are quite a few people who have contributed to this thread who don't think Yaya should have to take responsibility for the things a man he employs as his public representative says in his name. Personally, I don't think that view stands up to much scrutiny but everyone is entitled to their opinion on what has happened.

They aren't men and employees, they're footballers and agents, they operate in their own bubble of shit. None of them have any honour, why should Yaya?

As for the Kompany question, yes he seems intelligent and decent but I'm quite sure if he gets unhappy at any point he'll be off, footballers and rock n roll bands are things you should never put too much faith in.

He is a City player still and I hope that continues. Too much precious hurt feelings about these days and this is just another example IMO.

He hasn't done anything directly to hurt us so give him the benefit of the doubt I say.

That said I am infinitely gullible and am constantly taken advantage of. But I prefer still to see the good ... except in lazy Dzeko ... Only fishing :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.