Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

TheMightyQuinn said:
I think it's dead right that we expect 100% loyalty from players yet are totally unwilling to give Yaya the benefit of the doubt, at least until some facts come out. Loyalty works both ways and you should always know the facts before running your mouth, pronouncing him dead or pissing in your knickers.

It borders on the hilarious the way some of you have reacted.

Thanks for that Dimitry....

TheMightyQuinn said:
I think it's dead right that we expect 100% loyalty from players yet are totally unwilling to give Yaya the benefit of the doubt, at least until some facts come out. Loyalty works both ways and you should always know the facts before running your mouth, pronouncing him dead or pissing in your knickers.

The thing is Yaya himself said he stands by everything his agent wrote on twitter. He could instead have been a bit more diplomatic and respectful, but chose not to.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
aguero93:20 said:
SquireD said:
Yaya is a one in a million player. There is no replacing him like for like at this stage. People are saying sell him but how do you put a price on that?

We'd likely have to change our style of play and have to shift other players around to accommodate the change. It's easy to say if we get 40m for him we could go out and buy someone like Fabregas but it's nowhere near like for like.

On the flip side, if all of this is true and if the club give in to what ever demands he has it is setting a precedent for the other big players in the squad.

(Hi by the way, new to the forum as a poster but have been reading for years!)
Rag.
Well said mate. Let's run him out of town.

Can we not have a stoning instead?
It's been ages since we had one of those.
I love a good stoning.

TheMightyQuinn said:

I don't expect 100% loyalty from him at all. If he wanted to leave at the end of the season and had gone to the club and done it properly then I wouldn't have had the slightest issue. What I don't expect is for any player to allow their representative to criticise the club and it's owners in a series of interviews and then do nothing to distance himself from remarks that could have been seen as disrespectful to our owner.

blueinsa said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Thanks for that Dimitry....

Hilarious.

I just think before you kick a man to death you need to know he's guilty.

Bet I get called 'Kolo' next, that'll be funny.

Matt the Giant said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

The thing is Yaya himself said he stands by everything his agent wrote on twitter. He could instead have been a bit more diplomatic and respectful, but chose not to.

I've not seen any quotes from Yaya save for Tweets which no one knows who posted them, what's Yaya said?

Matt the Giant said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

The agent speaks for Yaya. That is his job. Yaya could have stopped him, apologised, sacked him, spoken. The fact is that Yaya has said nothing and done nothing (in public) about this bizarre fiasco. Rather, Yaya has continued to let himself be the butt of a joke that the whole world, and not least City fans, have enjoyed.

That is why there is no benefit of the doubt to give. Yaya is being disrespectful by omission whilst his agent is disrespectful - and downright odious - by commission.

Plaything of the gods said:
Matt the Giant said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

The agent speaks for Yaya. That is his job. Yaya could have stopped him, apologised, sacked him, spoken. The fact is that Yaya has said nothing and done nothing (in public) about this bizarre fiasco. rather, Yaya has continued to let himself be the butt of a joke that the whole world, and not least City fans, have enjoyed.

That is why there is no benefit of the doubt to give. Yaya is being disrespectful by omission whilst his agent is disrespectful - and downright odious - by commission.

He's guilty of being thick and unthinking but ALL players are like that.

He's not done anything yet to deserve some of the reactions on here.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Plaything of the gods said:
Matt the Giant said:
The agent speaks for Yaya. That is his job. Yaya could have stopped him, apologised, sacked him, spoken. The fact is that Yaya has said nothing and done nothing (in public) about this bizarre fiasco. rather, Yaya has continued to let himself be the butt of a joke that the whole world, and not least City fans, have enjoyed.

He's guilty of being thick and unthinking but ALL players are like that.

He's not done anything yet to deserve some of the reactions on here.

He's had 3 days now to come out with some bullshit about how it was all a misunderstanding. I think it's safe to say Yaya agrees with his gobshite of an agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.