Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya. The Ultimate Monster

CityPar said:
inbetween said:
For god sake, Yaya is a Muslim!! He cannot celebrate birthdays and is not allowed to! Either his twitter has been hacked or it's his agent talking shit.

Not true. They are not supposed to but some do like my friend and his family. Like with all religions I suppose it depends how devout you are. His agent wouldn't have even mentioned it if it wasn't an issue and the club wouldn't have given him a card, cake and champagne in the first place if they thought it would offend!

Exactly that.. not true.. Its ok to have a small celebration etc with a cake.. just not a trip down to peter stringfellows with the lads or a piss up

Yaya is one of the most celebrated, talked about and appreciated players at our club, so I hope the "truth" in not being appreciated doesn't extend to the supporters at all because that would just be insulting. For every time we've sung his name at the top of our lungs, defended him as one of the best in the world before the recognition caught up with him and heralded him as one of our greatest.

No player is irreplaceable, nor bigger than the club.

Its a strange, quick turn around. Over a fucking birthday. Which Muslims rarely or hardly celebrate.

This is strange.

Not happy at city does not get the respect he deserves what is the £220,000 a week then just on talksport then just spoke to his agent. Get rid of this slapped arse dick if he doesn't want to be here!

CitizenTID said:
Diego Costa made the effort at least...

Diego Costa ‏@OfficialDCosta 13m
hello @Toure_yaya42 me and steven Gerrard bought you a cake but he slipped pic.twitter.com/mOFrYQ2GlI
BoFgD02IcAA5Mdu.jpg
Hahaha that's fucking brilliant, pmsl!

CityPar said:
inbetween said:
For god sake, Yaya is a Muslim!! He cannot celebrate birthdays and is not allowed to! Either his twitter has been hacked or it's his agent talking shit.

Not true. They are not supposed to but some do like my friend and his family. Like with all religions I suppose it depends how devout you are. His agent wouldn't have even mentioned it if it wasn't an issue and the club wouldn't have given him a card, cake and champagne in the first place if they thought it would offend!

Exactly this. Do people actually think Yaya is a strictly devout muslim? It has never come up as a serious issue.He comes across as not a fully paid up member of the club- along with Kolo they both have tattoos, which are forbidden under Islamic law, apparently they didn't know this when they got them, so you can't really believe he makes a big fuss of his religion.

Also the languages point is a bit irrelevant when it comes to intelligence, he doesn't speak 7 languages fluently does he? It is possible to have good language acquisition ability and not be particularly bright, which I think is how Yaya comes across.

Sell him and find replacements. Yaya, may even be holding us back in Europe anyway, I would be tempted to swap him for Mascherano and get somebody like Fabregas or Gundogan to play in CM, as part of a 3 man midfield and bring in a LW replacement for Milner.

The man speaks for himself, or are you all ignoring that.

itisrising said:
ChicagoBlue said:
If he wants to go, then sell him!

If he thinks that he is irreplaceable, he will find out in short order that he is dead wrong! Pellegrini gave him the freedom to play without much responsibility. To do that, he needs world class players around him and a manager who will allow it. Good luck with that!

I think Yaya is an IMMENSE player, when "he brings his boots, not his deck chair" (not my quote!), but we all know what he is like with a strop on. No problem, the price starts in the high 20s, and will aid us immeasurably with meeting the £49M net spend this summer!

He has already said he wants to play in Paris and PSG are in the same position as us, so good luck with that Yaya, too!

I believe in Manchester City and NO PLAYER is bigger than that. If Yaya doesn't want to be part of the clubs future........wish him good luck, thank him for his service and cash the big fat check.....at least one top quality player and TWO top salaries!!

But what message does that send to our other top players? If you too throw a hissy-fit, you can leave too? And I doubt he'd fetch that much. He's already on a huge wage and if add a huge transfer fee on top of that, it may be too much for potential suitors for a 31 year old. If Barca came in with a 15M offer, I can imagine Yaya and his agent doing everything in their power to break down that door.

Mancini, Tevez, Balotelli gone, gone, gone. Think City have been sending a clear and correct message.

nellyonthewing said:
Do we actually have anyone at the club who is skilled in media management.????. I only ask this as the level of acumen displayed in this and the FFP fiasco indicates the person responsible may have scraped home with a Btec from Salford University ...
We are under constant media scrutiny (and attack) we need someone who the media don't fuck with rather than some nice person who likes handing out touchy feely stuff about regeneration and community empowerment in Beswick.

We need a tw*t - an Alistair Campbell type. It might not be "hollistic" or "happy" - but these last few weeks have been a shambles. Anyone would think we'd finished 5th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.