Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Wasn't his brother still alive when he was in Qatar getting fawned over by the Qatari sheik's? And he was posting pictures on twitter of the gifts they'd given him. He makes a bigger fool of himself by the day

There is a light said:
Realistically what kind of transfer fee could we get for him?

I hope we ask for fuckall. I also hope it's the end of the money these cunts are gettin. Fuckin sick of it.

"But these players bring in the money"

Who the fucks payin?

-nibz- said:
There is a light said:

I hope we ask for fuckall. I also hope it's the end of the money these cunts are gettin. Fuckin sick of it.

Who the fucks payin?

Shirt sales, corporate sponsorship, tv money due to the success he has given us.....

goater1978 said:
There is a light said:

3 years left on his contract? Maybe £20 million. Especially as he will go somewhere that is cash rich e.g. PSG, Monaco

We're not going to get anyone his equal for that price.

Make him stay I say. As most people found with Tevez, you can stomach any kind of character as long as they continue to do it on the pitch.

Yaya has shown himself as the lowest form of scum, to use the death of his brother to further throw mud at city is low.

He has done OK for us, but he has gone missing in as many games as he has won for us, if we can get £20 million of PSG I'd snap their hand off.

goater1978 said:
-nibz- said:
There is a light said:

Who the fucks payin?

Shirt sales, corporate sponsorship, tv money due to the success he has given us.....

How much is a kit? How much do we pay to watch football at home let alone at the ground? The sponsors are for mugs like us. It's a rip off from top to bottom yet we sit back and take it up the arse.?

There is a light said:
goater1978 said:
There is a light said:

3 years left on his contract? Maybe £20 million. Especially as he will go somewhere that is cash rich e.g. PSG, Monaco

We're not going to get anyone his equal for that price.

Make him stay I say. As most people found with Tevez, you can stomach any kind of character as long as they continue to do it on the pitch.

Tevez was a bad apple in the dressing room. Yaya will be just the same. Mancini was forced to work with Tevez... I can't see the club forcing Pellegrini to work with Yaya.

I'd sell him for 15 to 20m just to get him out of the club and his 200K off the paybill.

Yaya should be consigned to the past - A great City player but not a City legend

Yaya Toure has attacked Manchester City again by saying the club denied him the chance to spend time with his dying brother.

Yaya Toure has attacked Manchester City by saying the club denied him the chance to spend time with his dying brother.

Ibrahim Toure died last week in Manchester aged 28 after a battle with cancer.

And Toure says the Blues denied him the chance to spend time at his sibling's bedside, instead pressing him to fly to Abu Dhabi for Premier League title celebrations.

In a column penned for France Football magazine, Toure wrote: "I confess that I am still very sad. I'm suffering because I feel I have done nothing useful for him the last few weeks.

"At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast.

"Except that City did not want to give me a few days.

"I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside."

Toure and City were at loggerheads at the end of the season after his agent claimed the club did not respect him.

In his latest interview he added: "After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.

"However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline.

"This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season. Because my head had taken control of my body.

"These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life.

"I have had sporting success, except that when you get home and you find yourself facing the distress of someone you love, but you do not know how you can help, it's not good."

If these are accurate quotes by him first of all when you read it seems like he has finally burned all bridges with city and the situation with his stay at the club seems over. No doubt we will insist on him submitting a written transfer request and that he forego any bonuses due to him and no doubt he will get his wish and the club will obtain best value from him. But there again if you look at actually what he said and strip away the comments and interpretation by the author. What you get is this

"At the end of the season, I wanted to stay for four or five days with my brother before I flew to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast.

"Except that City did not want to give me a few days.

"I went to celebrate the title championship in Abu Dhabi while my brother was in his sickbed. By fortune, Kolo was at his bedside."
"After that I blame myself for not insisting and for not leading them to respect me.

"However, club officials knew that I had been suffering for a few months seeing the health of my brother decline.

"This is the reason I had several injuries at the end of the season. Because my head had taken control of my body.

"These last four months have probably been the hardest in my life.

"I have had sporting success, except that when you get home and you find yourself facing the distress of someone you love, but you do not know how you can help, it's not good."

Reading the words in bold I blame myself for not insisting (that I remain at home instead of going to Abu Dhabi but I knew Kolo was with him and decided to go) (and I blame myself for) not leading them to respect me (and I should have told them earlier of my problems and maybe asked for some compassionate leave but with the title run in I decided to play) Alternative viewpoint in brackets using the same words.

I suspect there will be one big meeting between Yaya and the club, club will probably say he is in breach of contract and could therefore sue him for the remainder of it, didn't our execs warn him about speaking out against the club after cakegate. We will sell, he will forego his loyalty bonus, then he will have a right old go at us when at PSG or Barca. Sad end to an absolutely fantastic time with us.

Far too many blues crediting Toure with too much intelligence.

I haven't referred to his other name since he sanctioned that cake bollocks from his agent.

Rather than Vinny or Zab, he's now just another player who we could easily be talking about at another club.

I have mentioned it a while back, but it won't be for more money, it's boredom.

Just like Mario, there comes a point when Manchester grows too small for some.

Balotelli stopped turning up for training, taking his agitation to the next level.

Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, they all have their appeal.

City won't let him rot, and Toure is making our minds up with each passing day.

Nobody would have begrudged him wanting a fresh challenge, but he has proved with this gameplan to extricate himself that he is not the type of person we need representing us in years to come.

It makes me smile that Lescott, a player who I always felt was not good enough, showed true class throughout and will always be welcomed back as one of us.

...despite not having 20 per cent of Toure's talent.

That says more about us as a club and set of fans than Yaya ever could.

Btw I wonder what potential new signings make of this. Certainly its not helping our dealings when a players hears about his potential new club that one of their best players telling pretty bad things about that club. No respect over a cake, no respect for leaving for the sick brother etc...
Hardly good PR in terms of new signings.

Greece 1-0 up, maybe 45 minutes for Yaya in the WC. He said after WC he will come clean. Hope he doesnt have to stay long then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.