Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

tolmie's hairdoo said:
City have been told Toure had full copy approval, before it was published.

And the publication has the tapes to back up his comments.

He's expected back in Manchester before his break.

What sort of vibe are you getting from City Tolm ? Anger or disappointment ?

stony said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

City just don't want a public slanging match, and are still very considerate of the feelings of the Toure family.

The club were able to brush of Seluk's stuff, but Yaya on the record may have moved the goalposts in terms of digesting any potential sale.

I would say a mixture of bemusement and hurt are the best words at present.

Always plenty of scope for revisionism (excuses) in the wake of Toure losing his brother, however.

Personally, being a natural cynic, I believe the timing of this was felt required, with Ivory Coast on the verge of being knocked out and Toure wanting to rachet it up before he gets a three-week rest.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
stony said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

City just don't want a public slanging match, and are still very considerate of the feelings of the Toure family.

The club were able to brush of Seluk's stuff, but Yaya on the record may have moved the goalposts in terms of digesting any potential sale.

Always plenty of scope for revisionism (excuses) in the wake of Toure losing his brother, however.

Personally, being a natural cynic, I believe the timing of this was felt required, with Ivory Coast on the verge of being knocked out and Toure wanting to rachet it up before he gets a three-week rest.

You may know a bit more mate, but i just don't get it, why?
it can't be just about money surely
i don't know what he can get from anyone else in our current position(apart from the weather)
and the methods employed are just plain bizzare

eversince 76 said:
You wonder why he didn't ask (or press) the club specifically to stay at home to be with his brother. You wonder why he did take of to train with the national team of Ivory Coast straight away. You wonder why he went to the WC, or at least wonder why he (and Kolo) stayed at the WC when their brother did finally die?
I always like to here two sides of a story. Especially a story from or about Yaya in a French newspaper. But the club has never been like this ever, so why would they have had any reason to do so at that particular moment of events? And forgot his birthday(cake) in the next few days as well?

IF (again IF) Yaya has said and meant these words I say he's either mixed up in his head due to emotions by the death of his brother (in which case I will go soft on him), or he did this on purpose to try and get whatever he's after (in which case I would just want him to go somewhere else asap).

This

This is based on his statements being true

If the club had stopped me from seeing my dying brother I would be seething. I would hand in a transfer request immediately and inform the fans of my reasons which would be understandable. Not our Yaya who joined in all the parade celebrations, traveled to the world cup stayed at the world cup and while he should have been giving out about the clubs attitude towards his brother he felt a birthday cake was a bigger transgression. Honestly I think we are seeing the real Yaya here and its disgusting to think that he could be using this as a way of leaving the club, makes biting a player seem classy

tonea2003 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
stony said:

i don't know what he can get from anyone else in our current position(apart from the weather)

It's not about money at all, hard as that might be to believe.

He can earn great money wherever he goes.

It's seemingly about having his head turned and wanting another challenge late in his career.

Manchester can't offer the same as Paris or Barcelona, in terms of a lifestyle choice.

There's a reason why City set up in New York and not Nebraska.

I would not blame a French speaker for wanting to live and play in Paris, or return to a Barca, where the culture is familiar to him.

It's how he has gone about achieving that outcome which is the saddest thing.

pml79 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

has he been requested back or is it a planned callin?

I don't know.

His family have obviously been in Manchester and so it could just be his only port of call.

As the great Donald Rumsfeld once said...

...'As we know, there are known knowns; there are things that we know that we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.'

tolmie's hairdoo said:
tonea2003 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

It's seemingly about having his head turned and wanting another challenge late in his career.

Manchester can't offer the same as Paris or Barcelona, in terms of a lifestyle choice.

I would not blame a French speaker for wanting to live and play in Paris, or return to a Barca, where the culture is familiar to him.

Thanks for sharing Tolm..

IMO he has been very badly advised and destroyed his huge legacy..

He will look back on this in a couple of years and regret it..

He is a hero to the City fans and even the media love him, at PSG he will not get the same attention and will be just one of there many superstars..

A very sad end to a fantastic City career..

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Is it coincidental Yaya's dissatisfaction came out just after we conceded FFP penalties/sanctions. Perhaps he thinks we can no longer compete to win the CL? He wants to cement his place in history as one of the world greats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.