Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

yayas trusty right foot said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
tonea2003 said:
You may know a bit more mate, but i just don't get it, why?
it can't be just about money surely
i don't know what he can get from anyone else in our current position(apart from the weather)
and the methods employed are just plain bizzare

It's not about money at all, hard as that might be to believe.

He can earn great money wherever he goes.

It's seemingly about having his head turned and wanting another challenge late in his career.

Manchester can't offer the same as Paris or Barcelona, in terms of a lifestyle choice.

There's a reason why City set up in New York and not Nebraska.

I would not blame a French speaker for wanting to live and play in Paris, or return to a Barca, where the culture is familiar to him.

It's how he has gone about achieving that outcome which is the saddest thing.

Thanks for sharing Tolm..

IMO he has been very badly advised and destroyed his huge legacy..

He will look back on this in a couple of years and regret it..

He is a hero to the City fans and even the media love him, at PSG he will not get the same attention and will be just one of there many superstars..

A very sad end to a fantastic City career..

I would agree with most of your points aside from him not getting the same attention at Paris.

They have Ibra, and then they have nobody I would consider of world standing, in terms of celebrity.

Toure, as a French speaking African, he would be the biggest star and best player in France.

That piss poor league would prolong his career up to the age of 35.

If they want him badly enough, they don't need Toure to try and diminish his price.

I would be stunned if we were to sell for anything less than £35m.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
tonea2003 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
City just don't want a public slanging match, and are still very considerate of the feelings of the Toure family.

The club were able to brush of Seluk's stuff, but Yaya on the record may have moved the goalposts in terms of digesting any potential sale.

I would say a mixture of bemusement and hurt are the best words at present.

Always plenty of scope for revisionism (excuses) in the wake of Toure losing his brother, however.

Personally, being a natural cynic, I believe the timing of this was felt required, with Ivory Coast on the verge of being knocked out and Toure wanting to rachet it up before he gets a three-week rest.

i don't know what he can get from anyone else in our current position(apart from the weather)

It's seemingly about having his head turned and wanting another challenge late in his career.

Manchester can't offer the same as Paris or Barcelona, in terms of a lifestyle choice.

I would not blame a French speaker for wanting to live and play in Paris, or return to a Barca, where the culture is familiar to him.

Why not just say that then? (new challenge bit)

Plain Speaking said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Is it coincidental Yaya's dissatisfaction came out just after we conceded FFP penalties/sanctions. Perhaps he thinks we can no longer compete to win the CL? He wants to cement his place in history as one of the world greats.

His agent cited the FFPR restrictions in the 'cake gate' interview that a sale of Yaya would also help City.

I doubt Paris, with similar restrictions, are better placed than us to win the Champions League.

They will be selling plenty of stars to balance the Luiz outlay.

The Fat el Hombre said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
tonea2003 said:

The next question would be 'Why sign a new contract 12 months ago then?'

The Fat el Hombre said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
tonea2003 said:

Because he signed a new long-term contract last year, and City have made it pretty clear up to now that they won't entertain a sale.

Tevez handed in two transfer requests, both turned down.

Yaya is resorting to desperate tactics, as seen with his comments this week.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Plain Speaking said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Is it coincidental Yaya's dissatisfaction came out just after we conceded FFP penalties/sanctions. Perhaps he thinks we can no longer compete to win the CL? He wants to cement his place in history as one of the world greats.

His agent cited the FFPR restrictions in the 'cake gate' interview that a sale of Yaya would also help City.

I doubt Paris, with similar restrictions, are better placed than us to win the Champions League.

PSG have a much less demanding league. Leaving them more opportunity to concentrate on the CL. Most City players have looked completely exhausted at the WC and that is without progressing to the latter stages of the CL.

PSG also don't seem to be taking FFP as seriously as we do. They are also the principal team in a capital city with arguably more opportunity for increasing revenues streams?

Dribble said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

The next question would be 'Why sign a new contract 12 months ago then?'

I would say his agitation for a substantial rise at the time came into it.

It was before he had proved pivotal in a second Premier League title win and League Cup triumph.

His stock was not as high and possibly the likes of PSG were not calling then?

It also afforded him the protection of a massive pay off if City did decide to sell in the next four years.

Suarez signed a new deal last summer, but his agenda has always been to leave at some point.

Plain Speaking said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Plain Speaking said:

PSG have a much less demanding league. Leaving them more opportunity to concentrate on the CL. Most City players have looked completely exhausted at the WC and that is without progressing to the latter stages of the CL.

PSG also don't seem to be taking FFP as seriously as we do. They are also the principal team in a capital city with arguably more opportunity for increasing revenues streams?

PSG may not be taking FFP seriously now – but surely they'll have to... UEFA have to back up their actions surely – so after a £50mil outlay on Luiz they'll have to sell big to afford Yaya, who despite being 31 is one of the best midfielders in the world, with years left on his contract.
PSG mouthed off to us last year, warning us off Matuidi... so time to reciprocate – they want him, the starting fee is at least £40mil – even PSG can't take the piss that much surely!?!
As for Barca - I just don't think they'd buy him back – 1. cos it'd cost too much, and 2. because of his age.

Yaya needs to think about what he's doing (if in fact it is his doing) – he could very well Join PSG for a big pay day, only to see the club banned from European competition... and where is the 'challenge' that's turned his head? Play in an inferior domestic league (less challenging) with the same chances of CL progression as us (same challenge).

If he wants to leave, and he'd have just outright said he wants to move on - the I think we'd all have been gutted but said fair enough – now he's making (or his agent is making) himself look a right coont!

Plain Speaking said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Plain Speaking said:

All true, but the reality is more the same.

Whether it be City or Paris, they are both on the clock to win it in the next couple years, because of Yaya's age.

Paris, less domestic demands, or not, won't win Champions League anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.