Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Plays By Sense Of Smell said:
I say let's wait and see what happens. In City we trust.
Exactly this.

Anyone comparing Yaya's position to that of Suarez is surely joking, one is emotional over the loss of his younger brother, who was ill before the season ended, and an earlier than expected exit from the world cup for him and his country, the other tries to eat fellow professionals. Some perspective is required from a few on here (but I won't hold my breath on that one).

As for selling him, now is probably about the best possible time to do so, in terms of buisness, he's got quite a long time left on his contract, so we hold all the cards, he has just had his best ever season, and others will want what he offers, and his age will soon be against him. If we leave it another 12 months we may have missed the boat on a decent fee, so from a business point of view it makes it the optimum time in my opinion.

Blue Haze said:
tonea2003 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
To me it's simple, PL cartel encourage PSG to unsettle Yaya and try to snap him up and hope that we can't sign a good enough replacement because of our FFPR restrictions, it's their last hope that we have a really bad season and drop out of CL like the rags so that they can try and close the trap door with the BT money coming in the following year, it won't happen though, we'll outsmart them as always.

but anymore PSG spend busts their bank FFPR wise, substantial outgoings would have to take place for the above to ring true

The media asked PSG's owner about FFP. He said 'my answer to FFP is David Luiz'.

He seemingly doesn't care.

Man they didn't ask him report things as they are

Just l'Equipe report that the Emir of Qatar and the president of PSG invited some L1 football clubs presidents to Rolland garros until here its a fact then they reported like the emir was joking with others like Luiz is our Answer for FFP true or false no one knows?

and please (maybe not you) stop this dilusion that PSG is not concerned that Platini is french his son blalala the same things that apply to city is applied to PSG (had to spend and take risks since the club was bought in 2011) the club have to find extra revenues (FFP)

what PSg spent is maybe 30% of what city since

Sleeping_Easy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
tonea2003 said:
but they haven't as the current sanction shows

it's a slap on the wrist as much as ours, the difference is I think the other members, particularly the Prem status quo, will look to use PSG as a pawn to undermine us, and in return accept PSG to the table to a certain degree.

I think there's been a fair amount of underhand play going on this summer which is to try and prevent making the top table and shutting someone out, fortunately I think Suarez may, if we're lucky, have just done us a huge favour.

Hows that?

If he got a proper ban then it ends the Dippers top 4 hopes, making the 5 into 4 a non-issue.

momo88 said:
Blue Haze said:
tonea2003 said:
but anymore PSG spend busts their bank FFPR wise, substantial outgoings would have to take place for the above to ring true

The media asked PSG's owner about FFP. He said 'my answer to FFP is David Luiz'.

He seemingly doesn't care.

Man they didn't ask him report things as they are

Just l'Equipe report that the Emir of Qatar and the president of PSG invited some L1 football clubs presidents to Rolland garros until here its a fact then they reported like the emir was joking with others like Luiz is our Answer for FFP true or false no one knows?

and please (maybe not you) stop this dilusion that PSG is not concerned that Platini is french his son blalala the same things that apply to city is applied to PSG (had to spend and take risks since the club was bought in 2011) the club have to find extra revenues (FFP)

what PSg spent is maybe 30% of what city since
A pity Alan Turing is dead...

He may want to leave, but where will he end up?

1. Barca: I doubt they want him or will pay his wages
2. Madrid: same as Barca
3. PSG: they've already got such a good midfield. Matuidi, Verrati, Cabaye, Motta. One of them would have to leave. Also, some others would have to be sold to make way for Yaya's astronomical wages (remember France tax is much much higher). I think they would have to pay him double just so that his net wage after tax is the same as here.
4. Monaco: the most likely destination given that its tax free, they aren't under FFP this summer. But would Yaya want to go there? They can't challenge for League1, they won't challenge for CL.

Edit: 5. Chelsea/United: As an afterthought, I doubt we would sell domestically. But given the above reasons I think this is more likely from the player's perspective.

Sorry state of affairs. He's turned out to be a total **** hasn't he.

OK, Yaya, so you want to leave. Just have an atom of dignity and hand it a bloody transfer request.

He's been one of my all time favourite players, but now I will be happy if he never pulls on a City shirt ever again. Total and utter wanker of a bloke.

I'm bored over Yaya now, we have to think ahead and get this sad affair over and done with quickly before we start again next season. Unless he backtracks at some speed and admits he's been a twat (and use the dying brother card to say his head was in bits) let's flog him for as much money as possible. If he stays fine, if he goes, so what? We're not that needy now Mr.Toure.

These are the facts. The agent requested re-negotiation of the current contract however MCFC refused to do so. They also informed the agent that they have no desire to sell the player. However, in the event of a sale MCFC would insist on the full contract value (non negotiable). This appears to have deterred potential buyers. As a consequence the agent concerned, who is desparate to make a final commision before the player's value diminishes, is hoping to change the club's position by any means. The full contract value is circa £30M.

Caught ten minutes of his game last night and wasn't surprised to see the opposition midfield running straight past him. Can't be bothered reading the thread but I don't see us suffering greatly if we sell him. In some ways, like tevez, we could well be a better team in the long run. He adds something but also takes something away from your team at the very highest level, unless he's in the hole. And we'd don't need him for that role.

Not bothered greatly if we sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.