Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

The Goat 10 said:
gio's side step said:
Corky said:
Complete lack of respect for the supporters. Need to cash in on the hypocrite who has one good season left disrupted by the ANC.

Can we all get a grip of this.

The club aren't going to sell him during this window. Regardless of the poor PR from Toure and his agent. He is an integral member of our team and we will have planned for next season (every comp) with him.

If City were prepared to sell him, one of the big journo's would have been tipped off about it. No comment. No news. No story.

Toure will be back in training - he will make a statement along the lines of 'a misunderstanding', 'things taken out of context', 'storm in a tea cup', 'happy at the club', 'had assurances' etc.

Some fans may remain pissed off but that won't change the reality that he will be here for another season at least.
Nutshell

Opinion!

Corky said:
Why would City not want to cash in before his legs go?

Because if we sold now we would be panicked into signing a replacement and would either be seen coming or due to restrictions not be able to get the right one.
He will probably be sold next summer and the club will work on his replacement through the spring.

spanishblue said:
de niro said:
he's a liar, a coward and a c**t.

Don't hold back mate. :-)

What worries me if we don't replace the prick now and he throws a strop during the season we are left short of a player we could have used the money from to replace him.
That's why I believe he MUST go now

:)

I just don't like any **** dissing my club. we get enough from outsiders to have our own players badmouthing and disrespecting the club and the owner.

Corky said:

Because .........

Right now, there is no one in world football in his position who is better.

You'll get the FIFA and Champ man postmodern fans on here stating Pogba , Barkley et al, but the rest of us know that Toure is at the peak of his career (prob 2 more years max) is the most complete midfield player in world football, has won two titles here, an FA cup and league cup (been integral to every trophy) and is the spine of our team along with Kompany, Silva and Aguero.

Any attempt to sign someone to replace him will not have the impact Toure has had in the short term and thus it is pointless getting rid of him as that would be regression. In a couple of years, someone might emerge at his level (although I doubt it).

But right now, selling him for 50 mil plus would mean weakening the spine of the team significantly. Not to mention it would tell the rest of our PL rivals - City have just sold their best player.

We aren't THAT stupid anymore.

Just one or two fans unfortunately remain so.

gio's side step said:
Corky said:

Because .........

You'll get the FIFA and Champ man postmodern fans on here stating Pogba , Barkley et al, but the rest of us know that Toure is at the peak of his career (prob 2 more years max) is the most complete midfield player in world football, has won two titles here, an FA cup and league cup (been integral to every trophy) and is the spine of our team along with Kompany, Silva and Aguero.

Any attempt to sign someone to replace him will not have the impact Toure has had in the short term and thus it is pointless getting rid of him as that would be regression. In a couple of years, someone might emerge at his level (although I doubt it).

But right now, selling him for 50 mil plus would mean weakening the spine of the team significantly. Not to mention it would tell the rest of our PL rivals - City have just sold their best player.

Not sure how you can call anyone stupid when you think someone will pay fifty million plus for a player in his early thirties. It wouldn't be worth selling him, simply because he's worth more than the money we'd get for him.

Mrmcfc said:
gio's side step said:
Corky said:

Because .........

Not sure how you can call anyone stupid when you think someone will pay fifty million plus for a player in his early thirties. It wouldn't be worth selling him, simply because he's worth more than the money we'd get for him.

I dont think anyone would pay 50 mil. Which is 'one' of additional reasons why I dont think he'll leave. I was talking tongue in cheek based on media reports PSG were initially going to offer daft money.

It wouldnt be worth selling him because right now their isnt a better player in his position who would come in and have the same impact immediately

gio's side step said:
Mrmcfc said:
gio's side step said:
Because .........

I dont think anyone would pay 50 mil. Which is 'one' of additional reasons why I dont think he'll leave. I was talking tongue in cheek based on media reports PSG were initially going to offer daft money.

It wouldnt be worth selling him because right now their isnt a better player in his position who would come in and have the same impact immediately
Fair play, I agree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.