Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

john blue said:
Anyone know when he joins up with the squad for America., heard a whisper he has got a villa in colwyn bay. might be just a rumour. !

July 27 along with all the others who were in teams eliminated at the group stage of the WC.

nmc said:
mancity1 said:
mannycity said:
When all said and done,the biggest problem for me is the damage he's causing to the brand, and this is how it will be measured,by our owners.

The way our owners have tried tapping into markets, from Africa to Asia,and the USA,and at home in Europe,places we have never imagined our club having any significance,merchandising and product awareness,brings about SPONSORSHIPS,naming rights etc, yaya and his agent have damaged our club/brand,all the efforts made by our clubs executives, I'm sure they will be disappointed.

I have such a dislike forhim now,he's hurt our club,one that I have followed for well over 40 years, where do we go now,watch this space. Ctid.

Its called free speech and agents often run to the press or are quoted sometimes if not misquoted sometimes for a soundbite that the press thinks will set tongues wagging.

Ditto bluemoon , 4.5k posts suggests they have us over a barrel in this soundbite.

If we were a fish for the press's line in the sea we wouldn't stand a chance on mass.

Me I keep swimming with the smart school looking for food that I know won't kill me.

They fact that the club have not and do not see the need to respond which is the smart thing to do because it would only inflame a situation that doesn't need dousing should say it all to those calling for agents head , yaya's legs etc.

Just accept the fact he isn't the brightest light in the angels den and move lads and lasses.

Enjoy his football for us again this season.

You can sure tell its off season by tuning into this forum between season.

32 days to go (LOL).

I should be like the smart ones and hit the cellar for a while or turn off the pc.

I'm not sure the bollocks being spewed from Yaya's agents mouth constitutes anything to do with free speech - just plain libellous, fabricated, paranoidal nonsense.

Its called free speech , you can say anything you like about anybody anytime.

There can be consequences if its offends people and the forum you choose to exercize that right can have implications for you of a political , social and often financial nature but the right to free speech is the hallmark of modern civilization and long may it continue.

Unfortunately in certain countries ala Egypt to name but one the law makers and the military currently have a dim view on free speech and the freedom of the press to that right.

As for YAYA's agent the only thin I have heard attributed to him and I am not sure he actually said the words being atrributed to him is that Yaya was disappointed about not getting a birthday cake on or around his birthday and there was an issue surrounding the compassionate leave to attend to / visit his dying brother.

If that's what all this thread is about and please enlighten me on anything else known to the global audience in respect of Yaya's unhappiness with world at present then I stand by what I have said on this matter to date with even more fervour than before.

Don't bother with the quotes attributed to him about PSG and Real and Barca and any other club he may admire because I don't care about that even if he has been quoted as saying he would one day like to play for these clubs at the age of 37 or whatever he will come the time he leaves City.

If I had a dollar for every footballer who says one day I shall return or I flattered about other interest blah blah blah I would be richer than all the money every mooner has to name by some amount.

de niro said:
teddykgb said:
Yaya's agent was on TV acting like a complete lunatic -- now some of you are claiming he was misquoted? How can you be misquoted or taken out of context on video?

sshhh, he's a good player and he's allowed to walk all over us.

Give it up de niro.

You lost me when you said your a closet rag.

I would think that Arsenal would be your second team , you a gunner through and through.

Davs 19 said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Right.

Sit down, think about the difference between a quote and a rumour, calm down, perhaps calm down a little more (sorry, flappers), look through all of the news reports and interviews to do with this saga, stroke our chins, go to the Winchester, and wait for all this to blow over.

Or alternatively, watch his managers interview which started the whole thing, read Yaya's quotes which back his manager and note the deafening silence ever since. Yaya could end this a a few words. He chooses not too. Folk will draw their own conclusions.

I'm not really arsed what we do with him now TBF. I just trust in the clubs judgement.

That's good because his manager is MP.

Why should yaya need to say anything dav19?

To please you and some of your cronyites (LOL)?

Give me a break , your not part of the club outside being a supporter ( hopefully because you wouldn't think it reading some of your posts ) like the rest of us.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Right.

Sit down, think about the difference between a quote and a rumour, calm down, perhaps calm down a little more (sorry, flappers), look through all of the news reports and interviews to do with this saga, stroke our chins, go to the Winchester, and wait for all this to blow over.

Agreed but there is nothing to blow over outside a few hyper mooners on school holidays that take the press bait with relish.

When is he due to return to the club for pre season?

I tend to take the view that anything that happens between the last kick of the season and the first day of pre season is just so much hot air. If he turns up when he's expected and does his job to the best of his ability I would find it reasonably easy to forget the comments, which in themselves I don't think really harmed the club since they were such complete nonsense.

Only a non appearance, or lack of effort in pre season, would take it into Tevez territory.

cibaman said:

I tend to take the view that anything that happens between the last kick of the season and the first day of pre season is just so much hot air. If he turns up when he's expected and does his job to the best of his ability I would find it reasonably easy to forget the comments, which in themselves I don't think really harmed the club since they were such complete nonsense.

Only a non appearance, or lack of effort in pre season, would take it into Tevez territory.

According to those in the know he will return to the club on Jul 27 for the second game of our pre season tour of the US along with all the other players whose countries were knocked out at the group stage.

The rest including our 3 argentinians will report a bit later on.

Like you its a load of tripe this yaya thing.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is clutching at straws as per usual.

The quotes immediately after his brother's death are the ones that concern me the most.

I could just about accept his behaviour earlier in the summer, it doesn't sit well but it was a situation that could be repaired. However, using the death of his brother as a means of having a dig at the club is totally unacceptable, it's a disgraceful act. He may well have been misquoted, and I'll reserve judgement but (if the quotes are real) he needs to come out and make a statement soon as the current state of play is that he has accused the club of denying him compassionate leave when fully aware of his brother dire health situation. He needs to sort that out and build bridges.

If the quotes aren't true then come out and say so.

He is 31, has ACON in 2 of the next 3 seasons and I don't think he is in as strong a position as he thinks he is. That said, it also means he isn't quite the sellable asset that he at first appears to be and is pretty much irreplaceable on a like for like basis. It's a tough one but as things stand I don't want to see him in a City shirt until he comes out and explains all the goings on this summer and initiates a clearing of the air.

He can't just stroll back in as if nothing has happened.

mancity1 said:
de niro said:
teddykgb said:
Yaya's agent was on TV acting like a complete lunatic -- now some of you are claiming he was misquoted? How can you be misquoted or taken out of context on video?

sshhh, he's a good player and he's allowed to walk all over us.

Give it up de niro.

You lost me when you said your a closet rag.

I would think that Arsenal would be your second team , you a gunner through and through.

Have got any idea what's going on here ?

Your boring tub thumping for this **** is unbelievable.
Let me explain it to you.

He. Is. At. It.

End of.

mancity1 said:
cibaman said:

According to those in the know he will return to the club on Jul 27 for the second game of our pre season tour of the US along with all the other players whose countries were knocked out at the group stage.

The rest including our 3 argentinians will report a bit later on.

Like you its a load of tripe this yaya thing.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is clutching at straws as per usual.

Tend to agree with you - a lot of bluemooners would have been far better suited with working for the Salem witch finder general than being 21st century football supporters and the lack of any empathy and the blanket desire to believe French or English tabloids above reason is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.