Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

Chippy_boy said:
I'm probably going to get flack for this, but wtf...

Whoever said can we play Milner in central mid for a while, is it really that stupid??? He was incredible for Villa in that position when we bought him. Really outstanding.

Everyone will say he's not what we are after, limited ability, etc etc. But we always play him out of position. England always play him out of position. Because he's so versatile that's what happens. We've tried him in central mid a couple of times and once he was pretty useless and one time I do remember him doing really well and everyone commenting on how great he was back in his preferred position. But we never stick at it. It's not surprising if a player doesn't look fantastic if we give him 20 mins here and there or play him in a different position every week.

Honestly, if we stuck him alongside Fern for half a dozen games, people would be amazed just how good he was.

Don't give up the day job. There's a demand out there for Expired Equine Flagellators.

We wouldn't be able to replace Yaya with anyone,there is no other player like him or anywhere near good enough to replace him,I for one would be devastated if we lose him

sir baconface said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Summed up perfectly Billy, and I echo the sentiment about Barkley. I don't see a way back for Ya Ya really. He's single-handedly taken the gloss off our title win, he's besmirched his own reputation and he'll be a figure of fun for all opposition supporters next season if he does stay.

This whole incident is surely underpinned by one thing - whisperings from the Nou Camp. And as you say, with shades of Balotelli, he clearly thinks the only way to realise that move is to drive down his price by acting like a complete prat.

It's not taken the gloss off for me. It will either blow over or he'll go. If he goes, there will be plenty of life after Yaya.

I wonder whether Yaya realises what a PR disaster this is for him personally? He's said he feels he's not been getting the plaudits he deserves, etc , for being African - which is all quite true - but then he behaves like a complete plonker. Most football fans (the non-City ones) have no particular reason to be grateful to him, so after he retires, this is one of the main things they'll remember him for.

I really hope city's PR department give the Academy players coaching on how to deal with agents, the media and social media, and use Yaya and Tevez as examples...

If it does turn out to be Barca that have been in his or his agents ear there could be a shitstorm ahead as Tkixi and Soriano only just recently settled the issues with Barca and vice versa, dangerous game to play imo.

No player is bigger than the club and we will all be here a long time after Yaya. IMO we should say to him that he can go but we will not sell to another British club and the fee is £50million and not a penny less, half of which is payable up front and the rest over five years. If another club matches the offer he can go if not he has another three years on his contract.

unsworthblue said:
We wouldn't be able to replace Yaya with anyone,there is no other player like him or anywhere near good enough to replace him,I for one would be devastated if we lose him

There is no player like him but he is 31, he could break a leg or he could just have a shit season because he is demotivated.

His stock is high and there is no better time to do a deal that would ultimately suit both us and him.

Players come and go, that's football.

Did anyone catch the "What the media says" on the OS for today?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-papers-say/2014/May/What-the-media-says-21-May" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-pap ... ays-21-May</a>?

It was up temporarily, but has been pulled down - would be interesting to see if they are just going to pretend this isn't happening.

Cheers.

OxBlue said:
I like Yaya, and think he's got a least another season or two right at the top of his game, but his stock will get no higher than the season just gone and he's now 31, it may be a case that City do want to cash in on him?

As rich as we are, with ffp in mind we have an asset that will only lose value over the next couple of seasons, think of utd with Rooney, they should of got shot of him after he peaked.
You're saying that Yaya is the black Rooney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.