Yaya Toure - commits future to City (page 855)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Yaya Toure

FantasyIreland said:
MCFCinUSA said:
my adjusted view on things is that in certain ways this has taken on a life of its own, and it's not as cut & dried as it might look at first sight.

Perhaps not,however,to suggest we,as a club,will have to wait until the middle of July,at the earliest...... in order for him to do us the honour of explaining his situation,his motives and his future,is both insulting and ungrateful and paints the man in a very poor light.

We deserve far better from a player we have,on numerous occasion,honoured with the capataincy and we could not have treated any better.

He is showing us a complete lack of respect and acting without class.Irrespective of his next actions,he has permanently damaged his legacy and he will never be held in the same esteem.

I hope he goes.

I'm not making excuses for anyone, but today certain things became 'clearer', and all is not all what it's been cracked up to be..

which is not to say I feel Selfsuck or Toure have acted appropriately - this is a problem they've instigated, but equally there's a fair amount of bullshit that's been whipped into this bizarre situation.

(and things will take as long as they take)

MCFCinUSA said:
I'm not making excuses for anyone, but today certain things became 'clearer', and all is not all what it's been cracked up to be..

which is not to say I feel Selfsuck or Toure have acted appropriately - this is a problem they've instigated, but equally there's a fair amount of bullshit that's been whipped into this bizarre situation.

(and things will take as long as they take)
Err, it's 6AM over here. What's come up today?

FantasyIreland said:
MCFCinUSA said:
my adjusted view on things is that in certain ways this has taken on a life of its own, and it's not as cut & dried as it might look at first sight.

Perhaps not,however,to suggest we,as a club,will have to wait until the middle of July,at the earliest...... in order for him to do us the honour of explaining his situation,his motives and his future,is both insulting and ungrateful and paints the man in a very poor light.

We deserve far better from a player we have,on numerous occasion,honoured with the capataincy and we could not have treated any better.

He is showing us a complete lack of respect and acting without class.Irrespective of his next actions,he has permanently damaged his legacy and he will never be held in the same esteem.

I hope he goes.

Bang on the money.

Only thing is I hope stays, 1, so we Dont hand him over to a rival.2, to piss off all there prem teams rubbing their hands with glee.3, to dump the **** in the reserves until he comes crawling on his hands and knees with an apology.

FantasyIreland said:
MCFCinUSA said:

I hope he goes.

The thing on that which annoys me most is he can't spare 5 mins to explain to City fans but has done numerous other interviews about wanting to join Barca/PSG one day

So the latest sound bite to French media " it would be an honour to play for PSG"
From the Guardian....

“Given the goals of Paris, how could you not be interested in a club like that?” Touré told France Football. “PSG have become one of the strongest teams in Europe. It would be a honour to one day play for a club like that. If I can be of service [then good].

“Given the magnificent season Manchester City have had, everyone talks about me and everything is open. My agent, Dimitry [Seluk], is hanging on the telephone and he knows what he has to do, I have complete confidence in him. Nobody knows what can happen tomorrow, my attention is on the World Cup and we will see afterwards.”

Regarding Barca, who Touré played for before joining City, he added: “Yes, I have said I would like to finish my career at Barcelona. You never know because football moves quickly, you never know.”

Seems like that using cake as bait doesn't work, so he's had to rebait the hook with a different worm... A big fast slimy one, holding a telephone..

de niro said:
FantasyIreland said:
MCFCinUSA said:

I hope he goes.

Bang on the money.

Only thing is I hope stays, 1, so we Dont hand him over to a rival.2, to piss off all there prem teams rubbing their hands with glee.3, to dump the **** in the reserves until he comes crawling on his hands and knees with an apology.

Yeah, that's a great idea Bill.
Let's deny ourselves the services of one of our key players, play him in the reserves where he has the chance of getting injured, therefore rendering him useless from either a playing or selling point of view, whilst still paying him £200k plus a week, rather than either reading him the riot act, bollocking him, and warning him in no uncertain terms never to fuck about like this again and coming to some agreement, or selling him while we still have a chance of bringing in a suitable replacement for the forthcoming season.
Are you sure you've thought this through properly?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
de niro said:
FantasyIreland said:

I hope he goes.

Bang on the money.

Let's deny ourselves the services of one of our key players, play him in the reserves where he has the chance of getting injured, therefore rendering him useless from either a playing or selling point of view, whilst still paying him £200k plus a week, rather than either reading him the riot act, bollocking him, and warning him in no uncertain terms never to fuck about like this again and coming to some agreement, or selling him while we still have a chance of bringing in a suitable replacement for the forthcoming season.

Absolutely.

I'll tell you one thing. The last thing he'd get is what he wants. No rise and no move. Yes we lose him if we put him in the reserves but better that than playing against him. I'd fuck with his head till he dribbled his fucking dinners, then say NOW fuck with Manchester city.

This thread is getting pretty depressing
Close it
It will be good for the overall mental health of bluemooners cause last thing we all expected after a great season was to have yayah toure act like a dick,he's praising psg for the project they have and ignoring the one he's bin a part of and is by far one of the best,sell him and get pogba
Screw this guy he ain't bigger than the club
...I read this quotation the other day that graveyards are full of people who thought world couldn't run without them
So if he thinks we,ll budge in after disgracing us more badly than tevez he can fuk of

de niro said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
de niro said:
Bang on the money.

Absolutely.

I'll tell you one thing. The last thing he'd get is what he wants. No rise and no move. Yes we lose him if we put him in the reserves but better that than playing against him. I'd fuck with his head till he dribbled his fucking dinners, then say NOW fuck with Manchester city.

That rhetoric is fine and dandy, and doing as you propose may well prove a point, but ultimately it isn't the best thing for our club, whichever way you look at it, and surely it should be the best interests of the club which are paramount - not cutting our noses off to spite our face for the sake of it.
Being realistic, we either kiss and make up, and he stays, or we sell him now, and look to restructure the team without him.
Keeping a disinterested player who wants away does neither party any favours, and is actually the worst thing we could possibly do, as it just prolongs this sorry saga further.

I think the club needs to be firm and authoritative in this case, making an example, setting a precedent for potential future similar issues.
Show the world that this is not the club to bang heads with, as you will undoubtedly loose, that we are as an organization stronger than the individual and that no matter what the club will be victorious.

So far I think we have done the right thing, not adding fuel to the public fire.

We have nothing to be nervous about really. Yaya and Borat on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.