Yaya Toure [Merged]

Re: We're gettin Yaya!!!!

avoidconfusion said:
Which man from Spain? Guillem Bellague or whatever his name is?

No....it is me

icon_cover2_nov26,0.jpg

Re: We're gettin Yaya!!!!

MR FAWLTY MRS FAWLTY SHE GO!

Our English teacher made us watch Fawlty Towers in class back in school... loved it! :)

Re: Yaya

Blue Elmo said:
thereasonilive said:
I dont think all 3 could play we would be to defensive

Probs not but I think he'd play infront of de jong as box to box hopefully with javi martinez or maybe even milner

That would be great as long s bobby manc dosen't play him with barry and ndj as a defensive mid

...........De Jong
Martinez..........Toure
.......Ireland/ someone else
........Tevez-Dzeko

Yaya Toure is not a defensive midfielder. He's been restricted to a holding role whilst at Barca, which is understandable since they have Iniesta, Xavi, Messi etc going forward. Whilst at Olympiakos and Monaco he was a proper midfielder, box-to-box, tackling, passing, scoring, the lot.

----------------------------- Hart --------------------------

Van Der Wiel -- Boateng -------- Kompany ------ Luiz ---

--------------------------- De Jong ------------------------
------------ Yaya Toure ------------ Martinez -----------

-------- Johnson ---------------------------- Robinho ------
---------------------------- Tevez -------------------------

Feel free to replace Robinho with any of Di Maria, Aguero, Silva, Joe Cole or Gourcuff. Or replace Robinho with Ade (or Ibrahimovic or Dzeko), play him up front with Tevez and allow Johnson to take up a free role behind the strikers, drifting from wing to wing.

kenzie115 said:
Yaya Toure is not a defensive midfielder. He's been restricted to a holding role whilst at Barca, which is understandable since they have Iniesta, Xavi, Messi etc going forward. Whilst at Olympiakos and Monaco he was a proper midfielder, box-to-box, tackling, passing, scoring, the lot.

Yup. The correct comparison is to Patrick Vieira in the good old days - size, energy and athleticism, power, technique.

I like your lineup but I think the defensive midfield role would be better played by Gareth Barry in that lineup - not sure, with Toure in there, that you need a player who is an out and out defensive midfielder.

...............:..........given....................
.boateng...toure...lescott...bridge
.........ndj.............vk...........barry......
.........................yaya........................
.............tevez1........tevez2..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.