Yaya Toure [Merged]

Re: Yaya

markbmcfc said:
Tez Tosterone said:
I seem to be in a minority here. I see Yaya Toure as a good defensive midfielder but his distribution is laboured, telegraphed and often inaccurate. He is most definitely not the man to transform our midfield creativity.

I'd be disappointed if he ended up with us.

He isnt being brought in to transform our midfield creativity. He's being brought in as a defensive midfielder, a very good one at that.

Guys I have to disagree with you both. IMO Toure would add some steel (along with NDJ) to the midfield but he has definitely been stifled at Barca and restricted to defensive midfield duties - well you would be with the creativity they have. Before he moved to Barca he was a box to box midfielder, not a Bernabia by any means, nor is he just a tackler. Once he has settled in I am sure he would be weighing in with goals and adding some presence in the box.

Yaya would allow us to dominate the midfield in a game and that is what we lacked last season . Barry and De Jong occassionally got overun but with Yaya in there aswell as Barry and NDJ we would be able to control a game and it would add a big physical presence to the team aswell . For me he'd be a great signing

Tez Tosterone said:
I seem to be in a minority here. I see Yaya Toure as a good defensive midfielder but his distribution is laboured, telegraphed and often inaccurate. He is most definitely not the man to transform our midfield creativity.

I'd be disappointed if he ended up with us.

Dont be, he will be the best midfielder at the club once bought, so how can that not improve us.

To have that opinion of him, i can only assume you've not seen too much of him. Or you thought he was Keita. :-)

Blue Elmo said:
Yaya would allow us to dominate the midfield in a game and that is what we lacked last season . Barry and De Jong occassionally got overun but with Yaya in there aswell as Barry and NDJ we would be able to control a game and it would add a big physical presence to the team aswell . For me he'd be a great signing

I dont think all 3 could play we would be to defensive

thereasonilive said:
Blue Elmo said:

I dont think all 3 could play we would be to defensive

Probs not but I think he'd play infront of de jong as box to box hopefully with javi martinez or maybe even milner

You could play them together.

de Jong holding with the other two further forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.