Yaya Toure [Merged]

Keith Moon said:
alera said:
If a deals done it must be to city surely. Chelsea dont need him and wouldnt pay £25 million, Arsenal might take him as part of the Fabragas deal but that seems to have gone cold with them demanding £70 million, certainly that deal is no where near done or agreed yet.

So if a deal is agreed already it can only be City IMO.

Barca are desperate to sell us there cast offs this summer, they badly need us to pay stupid money so they can sign Fabragas and Torres.

Having seen Torres for the last season or so though I think he is a shadow of the player he was Liverpool have burned him out making him play too many games when he is injured.

Sources at Barca claims that the transfer of YaYa is the best business the club has done since Real bought out Figo

I think if you buy a player for 9m Euros ...find that he is surplus to requirements ... pushing for an unrealistic pay rise... and can find a club willing to pay the best part of 30m Euros to take him off your hands...
...yes that is pretty fantastic business for Barcelona.

Tricky_Trev said:
ali_bee said:
Just to clarify, they think selling him to us for this much is the best business they've done since selling Figo?? ie, they think they're ripping us off?
Well, despite how good he is, at the end of the day we are paying £25 million for a Barcelona substitute. They are bound to be pretty pleased with themselves for negotiating this deal.

and Arsenal are likely to get 40m for a guy who can't get in the Spain side. And how much is Spanish reserve Torres likely to fetch.

Yaya is a class above anything we have in midfield.

SamTheGuru said:
Was Tevez not just a Scum reject/substitute?.... Yaya is very good...
Not saying he isn't very good. If you read my post, i said the exact opposite. A poster asked why Barca feel this is one of their greatest ever transfer dealings. Look at it from their point of view. He IS a substitute, and for whatever reason he is their 3rd choice behind Busquets and Keita, yet they are getting £25m for him. That's pretty good going. Yaya will be a great signing for us, but he's an even better sale for Barca.

Tricky_Trev said:
SamTheGuru said:
Was Tevez not just a Scum reject/substitute?.... Yaya is very good...
Not saying he isn't very good. If you read my post, i said the exact opposite. A poster asked why Barca feel this is one of their greatest ever transfer dealings. Look at it from their point of view. He IS a substitute, and for whatever reason he is their 3rd choice behind Busquets and Keita, yet they are getting £25m for him. That's pretty good going. Yaya will be a great signing for us, but he's an even better sale for Barca.

So everybody is happy ?

robbieh said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Well, despite how good he is, at the end of the day we are paying £25 million for a Barcelona substitute. They are bound to be pretty pleased with themselves for negotiating this deal.

and Arsenal are likely to get 40m for a guy who can't get in the Spain side. And how much is Spanish reserve Torres likely to fetch.

Yaya is a class above anything we have in midfield.
See my above comment. Why can't people read? Yaya is quality. But look at it from Barca's point of view. Of course they are going to be chuffed with themselves.

Scooby Blue said:
Keith Moon said:
Sources at Barca claims that the transfer of YaYa is the best business the club has done since Real bought out Figo

I think if you buy a player for 9m Euros ...find that he is surplus to requirements ... pushing for an unrealistic pay rise... and can find a club willing to pay the best part of 30m Euros to take him off your hands...

...but then Xavi will get injured and they might think differently then

Scooby Blue said:
Keith Moon said:

On the other hand, Sheik Mansour made a £1.45bn profit from "saving" Barclays.

Keith Moon said:
alera said:
If a deals done it must be to city surely. Chelsea dont need him and wouldnt pay £25 million, Arsenal might take him as part of the Fabragas deal but that seems to have gone cold with them demanding £70 million, certainly that deal is no where near done or agreed yet.

So if a deal is agreed already it can only be City IMO.

Barca are desperate to sell us there cast offs this summer, they badly need us to pay stupid money so they can sign Fabragas and Torres.

Having seen Torres for the last season or so though I think he is a shadow of the player he was Liverpool have burned him out making him play too many games when he is injured.

Or maybe the worst deal they have done since spending £40m plus Etoo on a striker they are now trying to push out the door at a £30m loss ??

Matt Diablo said:
Scooby Blue said:

...but then Xavi will get injured and they might think differently then

Don't get me wrong.... I think Yaya will be a good signing for City, as I think his physical presence is more of an asset in the PL than in Spain...and he is far more mobile than De Jong / Barry.

The reality is that everyone in the football world (players / agents / clubs) knows that:
1) We have lots of money
2) We can't offer CL football yet
3) We are trying to improve our squad with good quality players.

It is very difficult (if not impossible) for us to do any "bargain" signings in our current circumstances.

when i watched yaya the other night he was a box to box player and never gave the ball away and looked very good on the ball. will be a good signing if he comes!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.