Yaya Toure [Merged]

keemcfc said:
richards30 said:
second formation for me please!!! with regards to barry,can he not play left back then??? he`s done it before?
Yeah, I'd try him there but not against the faster wingers...

Maybe in the past Barry could play there but his lack of pace would catch him out I think. If we seriously want top 4 I think we'd need an out and out left back in that position. Good to have as back up though and surprised he didn't play at least 1 game in that position when Bridge was out last season.

I hope your right. just being said that de jong is unhappy with yaya coming. i know yaya is good but wouldnt want to lose de jong for him[/quote]

who has said this? Anything I EVER head from NDJ has always been completely positive about City?[/quote]

its prob just press rubbish and its just what i heard. Every quote i see from him is positive but it just got me thinking. NDJ is i think our best and most consistant player

it seems that barca have a kind of press confernce once a week or sumting were they give updates on how the club is doing etc and today in the last few mins barca have said they dont want to sell and yaya wants to stay-'About the possible transfer of Touré, Oliver has said the club has no interest in getting rid of the player, but it seems that the player wants to stay in Barcelona "and therefore" the final decision rests with Touré and his representative'

so seems like it sup to yaya.dunno if hell come tbh

no way will De Jong want to leave when Yaya arrives, he knows that not only is City the team to be at,but tat he will get plenty of game time,Mancini knows he is important to us. just look how he left him out of a game(can't remember which,possibly Brum at home?) so that he couldn't get a booking and would be available for the last few games without being banned. I'd say Mancini rates him and he still has a big part to play next season and beyond

larderland said:
it seems that barca have a kind of press confernce once a week or sumting were they give updates on how the club is doing etc and today in the last few mins barca have said they dont want to sell and yaya wants to stay-'About the possible transfer of Touré, Oliver has said the club has no interest in getting rid of the player, but it seems that the player wants to stay in Barcelona "and therefore" the final decision rests with Touré and his representative'

That's not what it says. It says:

About the possible transfer of Touré, Oliver has said the club "is not interested in getting rid of players, it seems that the player does not wish to continue at Barcelona" and therefore "the final decision rests with Touré and his representative. "

ie, they don't really want to sell players, but Yaya wants to leave, so he will leave. Also in the article, it quotes Oliver as saying City and Barcelona have reached a "kind of agreement".

But the general jist of the article is that Barca originally wanted to push through the sale of Yaya BEFORE publishing their accounts so they could have a nice big juicy profit. But despite not yet closing the sale, they have still managed to make a profit. That's all it's saying.

The article is positive, and Yaya will be playing for us next season.

larderland said:

Attempt at wummery? Not what is says at all.

Apol's if already posted...

Barcelona confirm Henry, Toure exit
Barcelona have confirmed Thierry Henry and Yaya Toure are to leave the club.
Both players were widely expected to leave the Nou Camp this summer, with Henry tipped to move to Major League Soccer in America and Toure thought to be on the verge of a switch to Manchester City.
A statement on Barcelona's official website read: "Barcelona director general Joan Oliver has said that the club has agreed the exits of Yaya Toure and Thierry Henry, but that at the moment the final moves are in their hands."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.