Yaya Toure [Merged]

Pigeonho said:
avoidconfusion said:
I told you this has Eto'o written all over it , I won't be shocked if this completely falls apart.
Been saying the same, mixed with the fact that I also don't think these players want to play for us unless its the last option. Other clubs, like Madrid, seem to get it done efficiently but we seem to take an age. I don't think that's our fault, I think, like I've said all along, that we are used to prompt the bigger clubs out, the Chelsea's etc, to make bids. Then, if that doesn't work they have our offer of millions to fall back on. Annoys the fuck out of me and actually makes me personally feel like we are constantly banging on doors, making a nuisance of ourselves trying to fit in. Then again I'm in a stinking rotten mood so...!

I think your doing the club a big injustice to be honest

yaya could stay at barca already a fabulously wealthy man
silva didnt have to sign for City and his club have said before that the move will be down to the player-he wasnt forced to sign for City.

we are an emerging force in european football and that as they say is a fact

DOOM AND GLOOM,THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH

Forzacitizens said:
i hope ive got this right, tolmie and danamy on the its quiet threat suggesting something happening on friday :)

It's old news, the new barcelona president takes over july 1st and no deals after david villa would be "officially" completed till he took over. It's been documented all over the papers and internet before.

flb said:
Pigeonho said:
Been saying the same, mixed with the fact that I also don't think these players want to play for us unless its the last option. Other clubs, like Madrid, seem to get it done efficiently but we seem to take an age. I don't think that's our fault, I think, like I've said all along, that we are used to prompt the bigger clubs out, the Chelsea's etc, to make bids. Then, if that doesn't work they have our offer of millions to fall back on. Annoys the fuck out of me and actually makes me personally feel like we are constantly banging on doors, making a nuisance of ourselves trying to fit in. Then again I'm in a stinking rotten mood so...!

silva didnt have to sign for City and his club have said before that the move will be down to the player-he wasnt forced to sign for City.

When did the official site confirm either of these deals mate? All we have is this forum and some translated, sometimes contradictory reports from Spain.

Spindash said:
Red-throated-Loon-flapping-_O7F8506-Nome,-Alaska.jpg

Barcelona have already confirmed he's leaving. His agent has said he's moving to City.

omg no he didnt,he said he cud cum here,he said he needs to tsalk to the owner and nothing is positive and ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN football were what he said

Pigeonho said:
flb said:

When did the official site confirm either of these deals mate? All we have is this forum and some translated, sometimes contradictory reports from Spain.

To be fair mate Barca have announced on their official website he is leaving, his agent says he'll be joining us probably on the 2nd July, it's as nailed on as it'll ever be without it being officially being confirmed. Of course theres a chance all the reports are rubbish and Barca have jumped the gun but it's highly unlikely

Failsworth_Blue said:
Pigeonho said:

To be fair mate Barca have announced on their official website he is leaving, his agent says he'll be joining us probably on the 2nd July, it's as nailed on as it'll ever be without it being officially being confirmed. Of course theres a chance all the reports are rubbish and Barca have jumped the gun but it's highly unlikely
Yeah, thus inviting other clubs to bid. Announcing a player will leave without nailing the deal as concrete is just like an open invitation to get other clubs bidding in my view.

Putting two and two together it looks like the stumbling block all along was the agent's fee. I think we are prepared to walk away unless another party pays it. We haven't paid and the agreement has lapsed. That's why his agent kept going on about waiting for the new President to take over. What he actually meant, I think, was let's wait till this agreement expires so I can re-negotiate my cut. It was a game of who blinked first and neither did in my opinion.

We might still get him but unless players have more involvement in their transfers rather than just doing as their agent want, we will meet this problem time and again.

It's a shame but it couldn't go on. It's also a shame for Barca as they will have to have a re-think re Fabregas.

This is all if the report is correct but it sounds like it is and doesn't surprise me. The elephant in the room was always (and stil is) there by the looks of it.

Remember it's ALWAYS about the money.

Pigeonho said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Yeah, thus inviting other clubs to bid. Announcing a player will leave without nailing the deal as concrete is just like an open invitation to get other clubs bidding in my view.

Clubs have had long enough to bid and as theres been no confirmed interest from anyone other than us. Of course Yaya Toure would love to move to a club in the champions leauge, it's only natural for that to be the case for top players but i don't think anyones jumping the gun as we can only go off what we read and it sounds extremely promising. If it drags on for another week or so then fair enough time to wonder whats happening but the deal was always going to take time as he's been at the world cup

Failsworth_Blue said:
Pigeonho said:

Clubs have had long enough to bid and as theres been no confirmed interest from anyone other than us. Of course Yaya Toure would love to move to a club in the champions leauge, it's only natural for that to be the case for top players but i don't think anyones jumping the gun as we can only go off what we read and it sounds extremely promising. If it drags on for another week or so then fair enough time to wonder whats happening but the deal was always going to take time as he's been at the world cup

theres plenty of clubs who would take him but not many, (if any) that want to pay what we can for him.

Forzacitizens said:
i hope ive got this right, tolmie and danamy on the its quiet threat suggesting something happening on friday :)

'kin ell Friday now is it - thought it was last Friday, then this Monday - so when it is not Friday then I assume it will be next Monday and so on? ITK my arse<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:46 pm --<br /><br />
flb said:
Pigeonho said:

quite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.