Yaya Toure [Merged]

Re: Yaya

Shouldn't Van der Wiel provide width from the back? It's not all teams play with two wingers on either side is it. Just look at the top teams in the world today. In modern football, full backs are supposed to contribute to the attack. This isn't the 1920s.[/quote]

Point but where would AJ fit in to it all ? central behind the strikers maybe ?

Blue Elmo said:
Shouldn't Van der Wiel provide width from the back? It's not all teams play with two wingers on either side is it. Just look at the top teams in the world today. In modern football, full backs are supposed to contribute to the attack. This isn't the 1920s.

Point but where would AJ fit in to it all ? central behind the strikers maybe ?[/quote]

The bench.

The bench.[/quote]

Why? he was a consistent performer for the last part of the season and deserves to be in the starting line up . But end of the day its mancini who picks the team and the formation . I just wonder what formation we would play tho ?

Blue Elmo said:
The bench.

Why? he was a consistent performer for the last part of the season and deserves to be in the starting line up . But end of the day its mancini who picks the team and the formation . I just wonder what formation we would play tho ?[/quote]

I think Mancini likes to use the diomand formation and Johnson is a winger so I'm not sure he'd play unless Mancini uses a formation with wingers. Do you know if Johnson has ever played through the centre?<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:49 pm --<br /><br />............De Jong
....Toure...........Martinez
............Ireland
.......Tevez-Adebayor

............De Jong
............Ireland
.......Tevez-Adebayor

...........De Jong/Barry
...Toure............Martinez
............Gourcuff
.........Tevez....Ibra/Ade/Dzeko

For me anyway.

Or maybe Tevez can play at top of diamond with Ade and Ibra/Dzeko up top

Of course I know most of the players above havent signed, just following the speculation

Blue Elmo said:
Shouldn't Van der Wiel provide width from the back? It's not all teams play with two wingers on either side is it. Just look at the top teams in the world today. In modern football, full backs are supposed to contribute to the attack. This isn't the 1920s.

Point but where would AJ fit in to it all ? central behind the strikers maybe ?[/quote]

AJ can play as an attacking utility man drifting from wing to wing as he sees fit. For example like this:

Van
Der
Wiel
I
I
I
V
----------------DJ------------
----------Yaya-------Martinez
-------------------------------------AJ)
....................................../
................................<---/

anyone concerned Yaya could come and then everything go tits up a month or so in the season when he and his brother realize that Kolo won't be first choice or might even leave?

MonsallBlue said:
............De Jong
............Ireland
.......Tevez-Adebayor

...........De Jong/Barry
............Gourcuff

For me anyway.

Of course I know most of the players above havent signed, just following the speculation

...............Toure
...Gourcuff.......Martinez
.............Hamsik
..........Tevez-Dzeko

Oasis_City said:
MonsallBlue said:
...........De Jong/Barry
............Gourcuff

For me anyway.

...............Toure
...Gourcuff.......Martinez
.............Hamsik
..........Tevez-Dzeko

Change hamsik for silva and that is sick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.