------------- Adebayor ------- Tevez -----------

Or

------------------------ Hart ----------------

Van Der Wiel - Boateng -- Kompany --- Luiz

---------------------- De Jong ------------------
---------- Yaya Toure -------- Martinez ---------

------ Johnson ---------------------- Silva ------
----------------------- Tevez -------------------

The way Johnson fits into the team depends on the attacking talent we sign. If we sign a number 10 player, like Silva or Joe Cole, who play off a front man then Johnson will play alongside this new player behind Tevez, at least in a first choice starting XI. If we sign a number 9 player, an out and out striker, then Johnson will play behind the front two of Tevez and this new player, drifting from wing to wing depending on which side we're attacking, simply put he'll have a free role to go where he likes because we'll have 3 solid midfielders who'll have the energy to get back if we lose the ball. Or at least that's my best guess at second guessing Mancini, he'll probably go 4-4-2 now lol.

Re: Yaya

that team would be ideal for us but in some games especially away from home i reckonj we'd need a target man as last season at times Tevez got bullied off the ball especially at Everton from what I can recall . But then you think of chelsea away tevez ran the show. But i'd be more comfortable with that away from home with that midfield . We'd dominate and have a much better chance of winning and certainly wouldn't be overun in the middle .

Totally agree with the last two posts. They were brilliant.

Except I think Lescott will have the edge instead of Boateng.

But other than that, it looks great, with us getting the necessary steel and dominance in the middle of the park that we have been craving for the whole season as our bet on counting on Ireland and Michael Johnson proved to be a real disaster and we ended up with only two players DJ and Barry to choose from in the middle. So no choice, and no variety and no competition for the most important part of the team. That will not happen this time around if we get these two big lads in and we can keep Barry, DJ and Johnson for the necessary competition. I want Ireland to stay as well, but if he leaves, we need to replace him, EVEN IF we get Yaya and Martinez.

Blue Elmo said:

that team would be ideal for us but in some games especially away from home i reckonj we'd need a target man as last season at times Tevez got bullied off the ball especially at Everton from what I can recall . But then you think of chelsea away tevez ran the show. But i'd be more comfortable with that away from home with that midfield . We'd dominate and have a much better chance of winning and certainly wouldn't be overun in the middle .

I understand what you're saying about a target man but United played a lot of away games with just Rooney up front and I wouldn't class him as a target man. I think the problem was our midfield couldn't dominate, that is they found it difficult not only to win the ball back but to keep the ball once they had done.

I think a much stronger midfield, like the one above, would be much better away from home, although against the more physical sides I'd like to see Ade, or Dzeko or Ibrahimovic if we sign one of them, up front with Tevez and Johnson playing off him. We've not signed Silva or Cole yet but if we did I'd rather only have one of them and Johnson up against some of the fierce centre halves at places like Stoke and Everton. Tevez and the other three mentioned are all powerful strikers and could hold the ball up well between them and we'd rely on Yaya and Martinez getting forward. We'd then have the ability to introduce the more skilful, flair players in the second half and Silva's pace especially would cause havoc.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:43 pm --<br /><br />
Somud said:
Totally agree with the last two posts. They were brilliant.

Except I think Lescott will have the edge instead of Boateng.

But other than that, it looks great, with us getting the necessary steel and dominance in the middle of the park that we have been craving for the whole season as our bet on counting on Ireland and Michael Johnson proved to be a real disaster and we ended up with only two players DJ and Barry to choose from in the middle. So no choice, and no variety and no competition for the most important part of the team. That will not happen this time around if we get these two big lads in and we can keep Barry, DJ and Johnson for the necessary competition. I want Ireland to stay as well, but if he leaves, we need to replace him, EVEN IF we get Yaya and Martinez.

Agree. Yaya and Martinez will provide the drive, power and energy in midfield that we've so often been lacking this year, but we'll need someone with creativity to play behind the striker(s). Johnson can fulfil this role in certain games, but we'll have a lot of games next year, so we'll need to rotate and in some games, most likely home matches, we'll look to dominate so we'll probably want another creative midfielder next to Johnson, Cole and Silva are the examples I've used above but it seems Cole is off to United and Silva is dreamland if you ask me. Ireland needs to sort himself out if he wants to be in this team though, otherwise we'll need someone else.

I understand what you're saying about a target man but United played a lot of away games with just Rooney up front and I wouldn't class him as a target man. I think the problem was our midfield couldn't dominate, that is they found it difficult not only to win the ball back but to keep the ball once they had done.

I think a much stronger midfield, like the one above, would be much better away from home, although against the more physical sides I'd like to see Ade, or Dzeko or Ibrahimovic if we sign one of them, up front with Tevez and Johnson playing off him. We've not signed Silva or Cole yet but if we did I'd rather only have one of them and Johnson up against some of the fierce centre halves at places like Stoke and Everton. Tevez and the other three mentioned are all powerful strikers and could hold the ball up well between them and we'd rely on Yaya and Martinez getting forward. We'd then have the ability to introduce the more skilful, flair players in the second half and Silva's pace especially would cause havoc.[/quote]

I think you're right United have a good midfield , not the best but they switch the ball alot and do run it . But they don't have the physical presence and if we had Martinez and Yaya we have both Physical dominace and techincal quality .

Blue Elmo said:
kenzie115 said:

I think a much stronger midfield, like the one above, would be much better away from home, although against the more physical sides I'd like to see Ade, or Dzeko or Ibrahimovic if we sign one of them, up front with Tevez and Johnson playing off him. We've not signed Silva or Cole yet but if we did I'd rather only have one of them and Johnson up against some of the fierce centre halves at places like Stoke and Everton. Tevez and the other three mentioned are all powerful strikers and could hold the ball up well between them and we'd rely on Yaya and Martinez getting forward. We'd then have the ability to introduce the more skilful, flair players in the second half and Silva's pace especially would cause havoc.

I think you're right United have a good midfield , not the best but they switch the ball alot and do run it . But they don't have the physical presence and if we had Martinez and Yaya we have both Physical dominace and techincal quality .

United (Scholes) do switch the ball very quickly and this is potentially something we need to address. Whilst Yaya and Martinez would provide midfield drive, would they be able to spray the ball around, from a deep position, in the quarter-back-like way Scholes does?

Blue Elmo said:

I think a much stronger midfield, like the one above, would be much better away from home, although against the more physical sides I'd like to see Ade, or Dzeko or Ibrahimovic if we sign one of them, up front with Tevez and Johnson playing off him. We've not signed Silva or Cole yet but if we did I'd rather only have one of them and Johnson up against some of the fierce centre halves at places like Stoke and Everton. Tevez and the other three mentioned are all powerful strikers and could hold the ball up well between them and we'd rely on Yaya and Martinez getting forward. We'd then have the ability to introduce the more skilful, flair players in the second half and Silva's pace especially would cause havoc.

I think you're right United have a good midfield , not the best but they switch the ball alot and do run it . But they don't have the physical presence and if we had Martinez and Yaya we have both Physical dominace and techincal quality .[/quote]

Yes, they can both pick out a pass and give creative spark in the attacking part of the game. As long as we hold up the ball in good positions in the opposition half, the creativity can flow naturally from the 3 attacking players, whether we play a two-winger system and one up front or a one winger and two up front, or an attacking midfielder and two up front.

kenzie115 said:
Blue Elmo said:

United (Scholes) do switch the ball very quickly and this is potentially something we need to address. Whilst Yaya and Martinez would provide midfield drive, would they be able to spray the ball around, from a deep position, in the quarter-back-like way Scholes does?

I haven't seen enough of each player to know that but if ireland was staying , i'm sure he could deliver similar passes. Despite scholes bein a rag he is one of the best passers the prem has seen . Still hate the ginger nut biscuit tho

Blue Elmo said:
kenzie115 said:

I haven't seen enough of each player to know that but if ireland was staying , i'm sure he could deliver similar passes. Despite scholes bein a rag he is one of the best passers the prem has seen . Still hate the ginger nut biscuit tho

I thought Martinez is the new Alonso, isnt Alonso good at doing that?

Like i said m8 hant seen enough of him to class him as the new alonso but alonso is good at that . Question is , is he truly the new alonso ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.