Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

Re: Yaya's agent says he is ready to quit...

Can't see us finishing in the top two next season if Yaya doesn't stay, we'd be massively regressing. He's the only midfielder in our side who can receive the ball with his back to the opposition; Barry, Garcia, Rodwell, Milner all poor at it. We'd lose all our creativity from deep, which is already a cause for concern even with Yaya in the side let alone without him. Can't begin to imagine how slow we'd be when building from the back and how toothless we'd be in the final third without Yaya :(

MJMRuiz said:
Can't see us finishing in the top two next season if Yaya doesn't stay, we'd be massively regressing. He's the only midfielder in our side who can receive the ball with his back to the opposition; Barry, Garcia, Rodwell, Milner all poor at it. We'd lose all our creativity from deep, which is already a cause for concern even with Yaya in the side let alone without him. Can't begin to imagine how slow we'd be when building from the back and how toothless we'd be in the final third without Yaya :(

True, but lets not forget teams like Dortmund, Madrid, Bayern, Barcelona and even United to name a few don't have a box to box midfielder with the power Yaya has, yet they get by just fine if not better than us.

There's are players out there who could do a job replacing him.

I really don't want Yaya to leave that's a certain, but questions should be asked if he has problems with money issues on this new proposed contract as would it really be advantageous for the club having a player here primarily for money.

dave kidd by name,dave kidd by nature..
an absolute wankbag of a journalist,how the fuck do these people earn their corn writing such absolute bollocks?
if i performed in my job as bad as this twat i`d have been unemployed years ago..
an obnoxious little prick who is cheating his way through life thinking he`s billy big balls because he writes in a national newspaper....

its one hell of a contract for a 29 year old ,i completley understand city wanting to throw in a performance and success related,incentives ,lets not get burned 2 years down the line,

ped said:
its one hell of a contract for a 29 year old ,i completley understand city wanting to throw in a performance and success related,incentives ,lets not get burned 2 years down the line,

I think City have it bang on in my opinion.

This new 140k wage cap with bonus add-ons will take the club further on terms of FFP and not getting screwed by players agents.

Agents at this moment in time think they can rinse us for all we have got, things have to change so we can become a more financially viable football club and more respectable in terms of wage offerings.

Kidd waa doing really well having a fo at us without revealing his true colours but couldn't resist his raggy team sprit comment...

LoveCity said:
Who the fook is Dave Kidd? Could a more cliched anti-City article have spawned from his mind?

The absence of irony was truly staggering, writes Dave Kidd for the Sunday People.

Dimitri Seluk, the agent of Yaya Toure, the highest earner at the richest club on the planet, moaned: “Around the stadium, while there are ­pictures of every player of City commemorating their recent ­successes, there is not a single one of Yaya. At the Blues club shop you can find shirts to buy with the name of every player, but not Yaya’s.”

All around austerity Britain and war-torn Ivory Coast, hearts bled and the sound of violins reverberated.

Toure earns £220,000 per week. His monthly wage slip would show basic pay of £953,000. His annual P60 says he earns £11.44million. Or £34.32m in the three seasons he has spent at Manchester City.

Yet as Seluk said: “This is not about money – a pat on the back is more important than anything.”

Now, it is well chronicled on this page that satire died long ago in the world of football. That the last vestiges of self-awareness vanished from the Premier League some time in the late 20th century.

Forget that City moved swiftly to deny Seluk’s claims and pointed out that there were, indeed, huge posters of Yaya Toure adorning the Etihad Stadium and that punters were more than entitled to have his name printed on the backs of their replica jerseys, at no little cost.

Forget that, far from being unloved, Yaya’s name had been sung to high heaven by City’s magnificent away ­support on a filthy night at Southampton last month, during one of the lousiest performances ever given by a team of defending English champions.

'This is not about money – a pat on the back is more important' claims agent
Michael Regan

Even without these facts, Seluk’s comments would have been a prime example of the wonderful unintentional humour which football simply keeps on giving. Seluk had also complained that no City employee accompanied Toure, nor arranged a private jet for him, when he went to pick up his Africa Player of the Year award.

So he is now agitating for a one-way ticket out of the Etihad, threatening the champions with a deadline of this weekend before the giant midfielder buys himself out of his contract.

Seluk’s interview could not possibly have been given without Toure’s ­permission – and it was carefully planted at a time when the player was away in Africa, on international duty.

It states that Seluk is not merely Toure’s agent but that the player is so close to the Russian that he refers to him as ‘dad’ – and, indeed, had any man negotiated you such eye-popping sums of money, you’d call him any term of endearment he wished for.

To think that many of us were ­shouted down by City supporters when we claimed that their team was populated by mercenaries.

Although there are some at the Etihad who fondly remember their days ­standing with inflatable bananas on the Kippax terrace at Maine Road ­supporting some other Manchester City.

They remember Ian Bishop and Trevor Morley and a 5-1 victory over United in 1989, which was a glorious flash-in-the-pan in an era of comforting, ­shambling incompetence. They ­remember a football club which may not have enjoyed silverware but boasted a heart and soul.

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini reacts during the Barclays Premiership match between Aston Villa and Manchester City at Villa Park Scarf ace: Mancini admits City have rested on their laurels

Roberto Mancini has, to his credit, stated with honesty that many of his players have rested on their laurels this season. That they felt they had made it. That they have not possessed the ­necessary hunger to retain their title.

Toure is not the worst culprit but his performances have certainly dipped since the monstrous displays that inspired City last term.

And at 29, many players on filthy-rich contracts may find that new deals are difficult to strike.

Mancini may not be around to attempt to wrest that title back from United next term.

But while we may have ­doubted his man-management skills ­during the Carlos Tevez debacle last season and his lengthy ­indulgence of Mario Balotelli, we may look back on Mancini’s tenure and appreciate just how big an achievement it was for the Italian to ever win a title with such a selfish group of players.

Even with Sheikh Mansour’s billions, the Premier League crown was no foregone conclusion – but ­retaining the title and making an impact in the Champions League have proved beyond Mancini.

The team spirit fostered over decades at Manchester United cannot simply be bought.

World-class talents like Toure, Tevez, David Silva and Sergio Aguero joined City primarily for the money.

And wealth can expand a man’s ego to such an extent that he gives the green light for an agent such as Seluk to ­publicly embarrass him.

Perhaps poor Toure really will head off into the distance, whistling that anthem to loneliness Blue Moon. All for the want of a bloody great poster or a pat on the back.

And perhaps City will be better off without him.
What a wanker!

BillyShears said:
karen7 said:
City Raider said:
I dont have to, you said something along the lines of only seeing an arthritic guy for a while and I just proved it wrong

arthritic - ffs

moving like a slow arthritc guy as in slow and painful looking.chelsea was a good example of when he played like he did last year but i dont recall him moving like that in any other game.today he was fast and fluid,when apart from chelses has he done that recently?
by the way i am a big fan and dont want him to leave but he hasnt played well for a while

FFS. Really does my head in this does. You realise we're champions right? Toure scored the winning goal in the FA Cup. Scored the crucial goal at Newcastle last season. It's pisstake how the future of one of our best players is being questioned halfway through the season. Absolute pisstake. United signed fucking Shinji Kagawa last summer. And you expect all our players to just deal with this and come out and play like champions again this season. Really am disgusted at the lack of respect and lack of support shown to someone who was INSTRUMENTAL in winning the league for us last season. Just disgusting. WE SHOULD REALLY JUST LEAVE THESE DISCUSSIONS UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM. FFS.

You may wan't to apply that to all Man City staff then Billy.

Mancini was the manager who won it for us, does he not deserve the same courtesy your affording Yaya regarding speculative talk being held of to the end of the season. ?

You can't say that and have half your posts speculating about Mancini, cake and eating it etc etc.

TCIB said:
BillyShears said:
karen7 said:
moving like a slow arthritc guy as in slow and painful looking.chelsea was a good example of when he played like he did last year but i dont recall him moving like that in any other game.today he was fast and fluid,when apart from chelses has he done that recently?
by the way i am a big fan and dont want him to leave but he hasnt played well for a while

FFS. Really does my head in this does. You realise we're champions right? Toure scored the winning goal in the FA Cup. Scored the crucial goal at Newcastle last season. It's pisstake how the future of one of our best players is being questioned halfway through the season. Absolute pisstake. United signed fucking Shinji Kagawa last summer. And you expect all our players to just deal with this and come out and play like champions again this season. Really am disgusted at the lack of respect and lack of support shown to someone who was INSTRUMENTAL in winning the league for us last season. Just disgusting. WE SHOULD REALLY JUST LEAVE THESE DISCUSSIONS UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM. FFS.

You may wan't to apply that to all Man City staff then Billy.

Mancini was the manager who won it for us, does he not deserve the same courtesy your affording Yaya regarding speculative talk being held of to the end of the season. ?

You can't say that and have half your posts speculating about Mancini, cake and eating it etc etc.

woooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.