Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

Re: Yaya signs new 4 year contract on the OS now

lancs blue said:
oldius said:
Terrific news but where is everyone getting the salary information from? I certainly can't see it on the official site so I assume this is yet more spin from the media designed to turn a positive slice of City news in to more "money bags mercenary nonsense". If so, why are some of us on here buying into it and criticising the club?

The media have to bump up the salary as they've been telling everyone for the past 3 seasons that Yaya was on £200k a week so they'd look a bit daft if they had to imply to their gullible readers that he'd taken a pay cut.

Where's MCRJon? Wasn't he the one who first broke the news of Yaya's contract talks?
Maybe he can shed some light on the actual wages..
This 220k probably includes bonuses as well, so actual wages could well be less..

Anyway, great news of Yaya committing himself to City :)

Re: Yaya to sign for..

MCRJON said:
Aaah.

Smug mode

I don't blame you, mate. You deserve it.

I am impressed.

This is great news and will have the rags (and the rest of the Prem - and beyond) pissed off and terrified in equal measure.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Obviously had some reassurance that Bob's staying.

or he's had the nod on that amazing bloke from malaga whatever his name is

no wonder he couldn't wait to sign!!

Rammy Blue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
MCRJON said:
Aaah.

Smug mode
What have you got to be smug about?

You got the length of the contract and when it would be announced completely wrong.

The mere fact of a new contract being in the offing, given all the attendant publicity, hardly makes you Nostradamus.

I'm going to predict that Aguero leaves to go and play for Stockport next week. By your reckoning if, in actual fact, he goes to Madrid in two years I'll still have every reason to be all smug about it.

You're just jealous.
It's true. You know how much I like being smug.

Almost as much as I enjoy cocking a snook at authority.

Denis Law Back Heel said:
Adrian Durham already trying to jack his wage up on talk sport, of his logic because he was on 220K a week (Myth I Know) he is now on 300K. Unbelievable, don't want to jump on the Agenda Bandwagon But when have you ever heard Rooney's Wage or RVP's? Never. Stewart Brennan Tweeted that Yaya's Deal is estimated to be around 44 Million Over 5 years so thats around 8.8Million a year and around 170K a week, less than the reported 220K and less than Durham's 300K ;)
It's actually a 4 year deal(not 5) so if the £44 million is anywhere close then thats actually around £210K a week.

Edit:- presumably that's only if we win EVERYTHING.

sincity said:
lancs blue said:
oldius said:
Terrific news but where is everyone getting the salary information from? I certainly can't see it on the official site so I assume this is yet more spin from the media designed to turn a positive slice of City news in to more "money bags mercenary nonsense". If so, why are some of us on here buying into it and criticising the club?

The media have to bump up the salary as they've been telling everyone for the past 3 seasons that Yaya was on £200k a week so they'd look a bit daft if they had to imply to their gullible readers that he'd taken a pay cut.

Where's MCRJon? Wasn't he the one who first broke the news of Yaya's contract talks?
Maybe he can shed some light on the actual wages..
This 220k probably includes bonuses as well, so actual wages could well be less..

Anyway, great news of Yaya committing himself to City :)

I am sure it was quoted as a basic £150K a week by one of the papers not long ago( can't remember which one) and only gets to £220 K if we have a great season.

Good news. Now go get the winner against Chelsea..

The cookie monster said:
Rammy Blue said:
The cookie monster said:
Was thinking the same

or maybe had confirmation from Txiki that Bob is toast.
Hasnt yaya come out in support of bob along with clichy and Zab?

Probably why he starts all the matches :)

Yaya terrifies the rags. They think we don't know this.

My rag colleague has been fantasizing about Yaya leaving for years.

Personally think him signing a new contract is unrelated to the safety of Bob's job.

Yaya knows the game. It's all business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.