Yaya Toure signs new five year contract (merged)

ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
So you hate one entertainment industry to pay big for it's assets, but for another entertainment industry it's ok?

We will see where Dortmund are in 3 years, they have a first 11, not a squad. I wonder why the perfect BVB released Reus then resigned him for 17m.

why are you taking this so personally :)??? only an opinion

I dont hate the industry????? im just talking about footballers and footballers wages in a football forum ( in a thread mentioning wages), not about film or tv, stop trying to compare the two.

I never said BVB are perfect, but wage wise they are a good example of a club who pay realistic wages and can still compete.

All you have to do is acknowledge that football is not the big bad wolf for daft fees/ wages. When there is money to be paid, money will be spent, simple as.

I KNOW THAT :))) i never said football was " the big bad wolf" I understand we have to pay the wages. I just dont agree with them. Doesnt mean I'm talking shit. I know yayas wages have gone down, that is great and im glad we signed him for longer.

Anyway hope we beat the scum

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
why are you taking this so personally :)??? only an opinion

I dont hate the industry????? im just talking about footballers and footballers wages in a football forum ( in a thread mentioning wages), not about film or tv, stop trying to compare the two.

I never said BVB are perfect, but wage wise they are a good example of a club who pay realistic wages and can still compete.

All you have to do is acknowledge that football is not the big bad wolf for daft fees/ wages. When there is money to be paid, money will be spent, simple as.

I KNOW THAT :))) i never said football was " the big bad wolf" I understand we have to pay the wages. I just dont agree with them. Doesnt mean I'm talking shit. I know yayas wages have gone down, that is great and im glad we signed him for longer.

Anyway hope we beat the scum

Well i'll agree to that.

FantasyIreland said:
A huge contract certainly,however,we are getting not only a great player for the next four years but also a symbol of our intentions and ambitions for the future.

Yaya's presence will be just as huge on the pitch as it will be off it.
Other stella names will see his commitment and hopefully decide they too would like a bit of the same.

Good times indeed.

(i just hope his contract says No Fookin ACON.....!)
this

blue_paul said:
I'm concerned about the length of contract and at such a premium price. I thought with ffp, we were supposed to see much smaller basic wages with attractive bonus incentives.

We could have sold him at a loss, then spent big on a replacement. We will probably find a 'signing-on fee' built into the deal in lieu of a transfer fee for someone else, and with bonuses, his deal will get somewhere towards the headline figure. Looking at it this way, He is a high earner, but not in a way to create sensationalism as the media would like to see it.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Im just talking about footballers specifically, i do not agree with footballers being paid 100,000 + to play football. It Doesnt mean i dont have the right to watch football. i prefer the german model where players are paid a good wage and realisitc amount that isnt obscene, at clubs like dortmund for instance

I have stated above that players should get the money rather than the boardroom.

Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Neuer, Lahm, Kroos, Muller, Swcheisteiger (spelling) and badstuber are apparently all on 100k pw or more.

I don't agree with actors being paid 4-6m per film when it takes them 3 months to film it. Am I more wrong than you?

I mentioned dortmund :) yes bayern pay high wages, but in the main most german clubs pay realistic wages.

im not talking about actors or films though, just about footballers, No i dont like how much they are paid i am just stating that, im not having a go at the club.its only an opinion

and bayern dominate german football.
its not rocket science

Why do fans worry about players fees and wages? You pay for your season ticket or match day ticket and you want your club to buy the best players and good players have good wages!

I'm in a remote part of Scotland with practically zero Internet. It's taken 30 minutes to load this page up and I havent got a clue about the new contract for Yaya. Please can someone summarise what the deal is etc etc and the general reception that its recieved from blues and the wider football community etc. I will refresh in 30 minutes and hopefully it will work. Thanks.

rickmcfc said:
I'm in a remote part of Scotland with practically zero Internet. It's taken 30 minutes to load this page up and I havent got a clue about the new contract for Yaya. Please can someone summarise what the deal is etc etc and the general reception that its recieved from blues and the wider football community etc. I will refresh in 30 minutes and hopefully it will work. Thanks.

Think of a figure. Multiply it by 23. Square it. Add three noughts to the end. Email it to the Sun, Mirror and Mail as 'fact'. Wait for them each to print a figure, then select the highest one. And there's your answer. Not that I'm a cynic, but...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.