Yaya Toure to Milan?

I don't think he is going to say. What I mean is out of the entire squad the ONE player that has played for Pep before AND has had a full season does not need extra training. That line of argument is extremely poor IMO. If he is not playing he is not wanted. If he is not wanted, I don't see him here in September. If we can't shift him and won't pay him to leave, yes I think Pep will largely ignore him until May. He will play certainly here and there, but Pep's excuse for not playing him is he need players who could press more for Sunderland. That is a BS excuse.

It's the exact thing we've been saying for the past 2 years when Pellegrini kept picking him to do it!

He might not be wanted, & if Pep had given the indication that he was in the same situation as Bony or even Hart, then I would write him off.

But going off what Pep has said, I'm sure that if he doesn't leave, he will have the opportunity to figure in the team. Same as everyone else who stays. They are all on trial imo, including those who played.

It's the exact thing we've been saying for the past 2 years when Pellegrini kept picking him to do it!

He might not be wanted, & if Pep had given the indication that he was in the same situation as Bony or even Hart, then I would write him off.

But going off what Pep has said, I'm sure that if he doesn't leave, he will have the opportunity to figure in the team. Same as everyone else who stays. They are all on trial imo, including those who played.

Fair point on Pellers but we both can agree Pep is no Pellers. For me its the same basic argument that the Hart folks are making: "I hope Hart stays to fight for his spot". Joe is never going to win his spot back and Yaya never will be a starter for Pep and will rarely make the 18.

As to Pep giving an indication like he did with Bony and Hart...that is my point about coaching him before. I get the argument that Pep needs to evaluate players and players need time to adapt to Pep before they can be evaluated fairly. That is true for everybody in the squad with ONE exception...Yaya. Arguably he would be the first name on the teamsheet because he has the most experience with Pep's system, had a full summer off, and had a full preseason. The fact that he has been clearly been sidelined is as big an indication as you can ask for that he is done. Again my opinion.

Seems to me that Pep is merely just covering all bases with regards to the out of favour players.
Anything could happen in the near future. We could get a good offer from clubs who need an upgrade and are prepared to spend some of their new influx of cash to get it, we may get a significant injury, we may get a player knocking on Pep's door promising to mend their ways and be part of the fabulous new era that we are just about to embark upon.
All of which make it more expedient for Pep to tell the press that the player is a great professional and will be in his plans when fit or when the opportunity arises.
OK he may be fibbing but that's what club employees have to do sometimes.

I think he could have had the millions of RMB's already, if he wanted it. There will have been plenty of opportunities for a Chinese contract this summer already. It seems to me that Yaya is getting his self assessment wrong. He seems to think he can still play a dominating role in a major European league, and continue to command his high salary. I disagree. I think his time is over, and it would seem that I am not alone in that assessment given that he has not yet secured the kind of contract he expects anywhere. I think he should go as I think his ego will make him a negative influence in the dressing rom.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda....but why would he?!

It is clear that he knows what he can and can't do, because the "best manager in the world" is telling him he's not fit and ready. However, he is printing money at City, and his Puma contract is probably worth a fortune, so why head to the hinterlands until he has done milking his City contract? THAT IS WHERE THE BIG MONEY LIES...and one year is not going to make any difference to where he might be next season, especially if that is China.

We are going to have to compromise with Yaya and his agent.

They are not going to walk away from the last year of his contract, and why should they!

But, he gets a move to Italy, signs a 2 year deal on 100K week, we will have to pay the difference over the 1st year...crazy, but the only solution.

It was suggested Yaya was a bit overweight when he returned. Apparently he has been training hard to get in shape? Perhaps Pep has been allowing Yaya to get to his fighting weight before he considers him for selection. A fully fit, lean and motivated Yaya may actually be a more effective player than Kroos?

It was suggested Yaya was a bit overweight when he returned. Apparently he has been training hard to get in shape? Perhaps Pep has been allowing Yaya to get to his fighting weight before he considers him for selection. A fully fit, lean and motivated Yaya may actually be a more effective player than Kroos?

Three years ago maybe but not now... Yaya is a supreme talent but even he can't be effective when he no longer has the ability to cover the ground. I get your point that Yaya's biggest asset in this team has been his ability to dictate the pace of games and the way he churns the ball - hence your comparison to Kroos but Yaya's work rate has just dropped off a cliff and I'm not sure even after losing a few pounds he'll get that back.

Three years ago maybe but not now... Yaya is a supreme talent but even he can't be effective when he no longer has the ability to cover the ground. I get your point that Yaya's biggest asset in this team has been his ability to dictate the pace of games and the way he churns the ball - hence your comparison to Kroos but Yaya's work rate has just dropped off a cliff and I'm not sure even after losing a few pounds he'll get that back.
If Yaya gets back to his fighting weight it will be much easier for him to improve his work rate. I think Yaya would love to prove to everyone he can make it with Pep. I think a fully fit and motivated Yaya is better than Kroos, he can score more goals, assist and distribute better.

exactly, Yaya is year older as well compared to last season. Think Yaya is too immobile for this system, time for him to move on. Along with Nasri who has questionable work rate + attitude as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.