Yaya Toure to Milan?

Lampard was useful for us when he was 34 years old, so why can't Yaya be useful for us as well at 33 ?

It seems Pep has different plans for his limited foreign squad spots. He certainly won't leave a player on the squad list whom he doesn't want to use.
Yaya has a contract and City has to pay. But those are two different pairs of shoes.

I hope it's about quality and attitude. The financial department has to deal with it. :)

Coulda, woulda, shoulda....but why would he?!

It is clear that he knows what he can and can't do, because the "best manager in the world" is telling him he's not fit and ready. However, he is printing money at City, and his Puma contract is probably worth a fortune, so why head to the hinterlands until he has done milking his City contract? THAT IS WHERE THE BIG MONEY LIES...and one year is not going to make any difference to where he might be next season, especially if that is China.
If he is content printing money at City then why is his agent stirring up the pot all the time?

I don't recognise this 'workrate' Yaya everyone is going on about.

I remember a player who jogged about & occasionally sprinted forward, then jogged back, no matter how desperate the situation. A player who, if given a marking job, just basically ignored it. Never tracked opposing runners into our penalty area no matter how importantit was & regularly left his man at set pieces.

I also recall a player who is one of the best, on the ball, we have ever had.

This hard working box to box Yaya has never existed. He is a great footballer, end of.

The difference between Yaya when we signed him & Yaya now, is a yard of pace. He's not as quick as he was. Neither is Silva & Yaya is still two yards quicker than him.

If Pep wants to use him, he'll be fine, as a footballer. If he doesn't want to use him, he won't play.

If he wants him to make 60 yard defensive runs, he won't do it very much. Neither will Silva. They will both do it about the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.