Yaya Toure to Milan?

I don't recognise this 'workrate' Yaya everyone is going on about.

I remember a player who jogged about & occasionally sprinted forward, then jogged back, no matter how desperate the situation. A player who, if given a marking job, just basically ignored it. Never tracked opposing runners into our penalty area no matter how importantit was & regularly left his man at set pieces.

I also recall a player who is one of the best, on the ball, we have ever had.

This hard working box to box Yaya has never existed. He is a great footballer, end of.

The difference between Yaya when we signed him & Yaya now, is a yard of pace. He's not as quick as he was. Neither is Silva & Yaya is still two yards quicker than him.

If Pep wants to use him, he'll be fine, as a footballer. If he doesn't want to use him, he won't play.

If he wants him to make 60 yard defensive runs, he won't do it very much. Neither will Silva. They will both do it about the same.

Silva presses and harries far more than Yaya and has more tactical intelligence (or willingness to adhere to the tactics).

Silva presses and harries far more than Yaya and has more tactical intelligence (or willingness to adhere to the tactics).

+1

It's not about who runs faster or better at taking corners. Pep likes his teams to press from the front and defend as a team and even tho Silva's isnt the greatest tackler in the world, he's shown a willingness to press, which is what Pep is looking for. Pep even mentioned (cant remember the actual term he used) in a presser that he didnt include Yaya in squad because he wanted to be more aggressive/press more in the game last night. I feel this is Pep saying in a nice way that Yaya just cant do it anymore...I think its best for Yaya and the team if he's gone this summer and his squad place is given to someone better suited to Pep's style but think it will be very difficult to find a buyer for a 33/34 year old on 220k a week...If Yaya stays, Pep will find a role for him but dont expect that role to be anymore than a sub or backup for injury. After all the shouting and moaning by his agent, it seems clear he happy to sit on the bench with his 220k a week for the next 12months..

Your over thinking it, Its always been about the money and Italian clubs and Chinese clubs will be queuing unto throw money at him whether he plays or not. Yaya on a free will get great attention !!
I just can't visualise an Italian club throwing money at anything.

I have no real reasoning for this but I just can't help think Yaya still has a lot to offer, even under Pep.

If he can get Kolarov looking half decent then there's no reason we can't get something out of Yaya, unless Toure doesn't want to.

At least just for someone who will shoot!

I have no real reasoning for this but I just can't help think Yaya still has a lot to offer, even under Pep.

If he can get Kolarov looking half decent then there's no reason we can't get something out of Yaya, unless Toure doesn't want to.

At least just for someone who will shoot!

If Yaya refuses to move for obvious reasons, Pep can maybe use him as a centre forward backup to Aguero (the role with least defensive responsibility & can use Yaya's ability as a goalscorer), but still he will hv to work hard to harass & press the CBs/GK, and also constant movement to create passing options, passing angles, occupying space, etc;

Here is the job for Yaya:

penalties scored (career): 12 - missed 0

Sergio in comparison: 26 -missed 7

Problem: Yaya has to be on the pitch then...

Pep will decide on fitness, attitude and team spirit.
Maybe Yaya could share the workload in 8-10 home matches vs lower half of the table. But it would be a bad compromise I feel.

Here is the job for Yaya:

penalties scored (career): 12 - missed 0

Sergio in comparison: 26 -missed 7

Problem: Yaya has to be on the pitch then...

Pep will decide on fitness, attitude and team spirit.
Maybe Yaya could share the workload in 8-10 home matches vs lower half of the table. But it would be a bad compromise I feel.

or just come on for penalties ;-()

It's a game at the moment who will blink first. He wants a pay off and we want rid but not at any cost.

What is his worth for us say it costs 11 million to keep him a year.

Is he worth 6 million wages which is a squad player for City, in which case if we brought one for 25 million over 5 years, Yaya is the same price for the season.

However Yaya could offer a lot more if Pep wants him and he buys in it could prove a good decision.

We will not know this until after the window shuts, will he be motivated knowing a good season helps him as well as us. Or will he be content to pick up money knowing name alone gets him a China/ MLS gig.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.