Yaya Toure to Milan?

Is always the excuse for a bad perfomance or a lazy one.

The footage I watched of him not being arsed to jog 20 yards into position when Liverpool had a throw in, wasn't injury. It was pure can't be arsed. But some are immune.

David has worked his balls and ankles off for us - looks as lean as ever and not been a minutes trouble. Give your head a wobble.

David has worked his balls and ankles off for us - looks as lean as ever and not been a minutes trouble. Give your head a wobble.

Nope.

I've watched him give up at he half way line when teams are running away with the ball, at least as many times as I've watched Yaya do it. One gets shit, the other gets away with it.

Nope.

I've watched him give up at he half way line when teams are running away with the ball, at least as many times as I've watched Yaya do it. One gets shit, the other gets away with it.

Ya ya has been magnificent for us but he is gone finished and has been tainted by the actions of his agent. As I said David has not been a minutes trouble and is in the top 5 city players of all time. As was yaya.

Ya ya has been magnificent for us but he is gone finished and has been tainted by the actions of his agent. As I said David has not been a minutes trouble and is in the top 5 city players of all time. As was yaya.

You may be right on both counts, doesn't change the fact that people have always expected Yaya to run ike fuck when we lose the ball but Silva Aguero etc get a free pass if they don't feel like it.

Yaya is less suited to the task than either, he's a fucking wardrobe. But he's always being asked & expected to do it.

I recon he can do what the team is doing now, which is much easier than the dog's arse job Pellegrini inflicted on him. Whether he gets the chance, I don't know.

If he is content printing money at City then why is his agent stirring up the pot all the time?

Firstly, the cause and effect of the actions or sentiments of two different people makes that question almost impossible to answer, but, secondly, his agent is a well-known dick!

Isn't pep about keeping the ball ? Yaya without it is useless Imo,sliva (Never really loses the ball much)goals have dried up lately for yaya,but sliva is key to setting them up and chips in a few as well,I'll lose a Lim for saying it but even Fernando would do a better job these days.

You may be right on both counts, doesn't change the fact that people have always expected Yaya to run ike fuck when we lose the ball but Silva Aguero etc get a free pass if they don't feel like it.

Yaya is less suited to the task than either, he's a fucking wardrobe. But he's always being asked & expected to do it.

I recon he can do what the team is doing now, which is much easier than the dog's arse job Pellegrini inflicted on him. Whether he gets the chance, I don't know.
I fully understand what you're saying, but I must point out the glaring issue here 'the dog's arse job Pellegrini inflicted on him'. There were times last season that I even wanted Aguero hooked because he looked so disinterested and lethargic it was a joke. Added to watching both Aguero and Silva arguing with each other on the pitch, we were in total disarray.

I posted earlier that players like Yaya and Nasri aren't being seemingly fucked off because of what they're doing now, its as a consequence of what they've done (or not done) before Pep's arrival. The way the player's are being asked to play now would perfectly suit Nasri and Yaya, but unfortunately it looks as if their race with us is run which is a shame. Players like them need to be played to their strengths just as Juve did with Pirlo and Barca did with Xavi. Can you just imagine what Pellegrini would have done with both of those players? Put Xavi on the right wing & Pirlo as one of a midfield two that's what. We've seen the consequence of putting square pegs in round holes and placing unreal expectations on players not built for specific roles and it made us regress for 3 years.

At the moment we're essentially playing a fluid 4123 which has always been my preferred formation as I've never understood why we've needed two defensive midfielder's for the majority of our games at the expense of our creative players. In two games, Pep is proving this to be the case and has basically done so using the same tools that were available to Manuel for the last 3 seasons. If anything has highlighted the damage that was being done to us over that period, it's Pep's forward thinking philosophy as opposed to the fossilised dinosaur tactics that went before.

I haven't watched enough of either Silva or Yaya at City to know who is working harder but with Pep I am certain he wouldn't tolerate it from either, he doesn't play favorites. Plus, I doubt he would hold any grudges over Yaya disparaging him in the media - Guardiola is focused on the task at hand which involves seeing if his squad can execute what he requires from them. Simple as, if Yaya or anyone else can, then they'll remain. If they can't, they'll find a new home

What I wonder though is the impetus for when Yaya initially pushed to move from Barcelona - part of it was the work he was still being expected to perform rather than a more advanced role combined with the usual wages & playing time concerns. If anything, his years at City has probably made it all less likely that he would be any more willing to go back to that sort of role - even if it was in a more advanced position. But, we'll see - I hope he is motivated to impress but I am skeptical

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.