Yaya Toure to Milan?

I wouldn't blame the players for some of the shockers we had in the CL. The way we set up was usually naive to say the least, outnumbered in MF, that won't happen under Pep.

That's my point.

Yaya is fucking useless at tracking back & running about defensively. He always has been, since the day he signed. Same with Silva, Aguero, Nasri etc etc.

All imo would be capable of doing a certain amount of pressing & positional play, in a side like Pep is building. Non being absolutely fantastic at it, but all 'ok' if the team is balanced right.

What has happened in the past, is that managers expect Yaya to leg it about winning the ball back, or tracking midfield runners, but Silva etc can just not bother if they don't feel like it & are a bit tired.

The response on here is 'pull yer finger out Yaya, yer lazy twat' but nothing to Silva or Aguero. Yet if you look at a lot of our biggest moments, who is it that scores or makes the goal ? Yaya.

So he has to go forward & win us games, then it's his job to stop Liverpool's or Dortmund's 5 mids, along with one other poor fucker, whilst others just watch.

I would like to see how Yaya would go, in a Pep team, if he was given EXACTLY the same task as Silva, with no extra responsibility. I don't think I'll see it, but y never know.

I would back him to score twice as many goals.

Pep on Yaya
"When he increases his intensity without the ball, he will be involved" OUCH :)

More of an ouch for folks who said he was done, I think. Nice bit of putdown for Seluk too.

“Yaya is trying very well, he loves football. I spoke with him about his situation, he’s a player with huge quality and I’m really glad that his agent said I’m a good coach, ‘thank you, Dimitri’.

“I have adulation and respect for Yaya’s quality – when he increases his intensity without the ball, he will be involved.

Pep on Yaya
"When he increases his intensity without the ball, he will be involved" OUCH :)
Wow!!!! As much as I like Yaya, we finally have a manager with balls to set him straight.
This pretty much is the narrative of our last 2 seasons...Thank god we've got Pep.

Harsh from Pep, but not surprising. That's was exactly what Pep demanded from Yaya when they were at Barca. Back then Yaya was even younger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.