Yaya Toure to Milan?

People would have said exactly the same about Kolarov a month ago.

In fact, they did.
Sure but unlike Yaya it seems Kolarov can up the intensity and work hard without the ball. I think Pep knows that Yaya can't lift his intensity above what it is today so effectively he's going to remain out of the squad and the comments about his agent shows that he is in charge and if necessary is happy to keep Yaya just not in his team.

Sure but unlike Yaya it seems Kolarov can up the intensity and work hard without the ball. I think Pep knows that Yaya can't lift his intensity above what it is today so effectively he's going to remain out of the squad and the comments about his agent shows that he is in charge and if necessary is happy to keep Yaya just not in his team.

Everyone is assuming that, but Yaya looked in much better shape to me.

I think he has to make an example of Yaya, to show the others they can't slack off. If he isn't sold & he puts the work in (which Pep says he is doing) then it may well be the case that he uses Yaya as an example that working hard gets rewarded.

Everyone is assuming that, but Yaya looked in much better shape to me.

I think he has to make an example of Yaya, to show the others they can't slack off. If he isn't sold & he puts the work in (which Pep says he is doing) then it may well be the case that he uses Yaya as an example that working hard gets rewarded.
It's win/win then isn't it. If unlikely as it sounds Yaya works to achieve what Pep wants, then think of the player we are going to have.
If he doesn't work to do that, then like 'anyone' else in the team they will be gone.
mediocrity in effort will not be tolerated no matter how talented the individual.
I think that is great either way, for team spirit.

Ok,say Yaya does suddenly(and miraculously) transform himself into the productive,high energy player that Pep demands......then where does he fit into a side containing Gudogan,KDB,Silva,Fernandino and an abundance of fantastic wing talent?

Him and his agent will be a mare if he isnt getting regular football,and we can do without that.

Ok,say Yaya does suddenly(and miraculously) transform himself into the productive,high energy player that Pep demands......then where does he fit into a side containing Gudogan,KDB,Silva,Fernandino and an abundance of fantastic wing talent?

Him and his agent will be a mare if he isnt getting regular football,and we can do without that.
as a high impact sub maybe? A game changer from the bench. Hope so, but realistically, I would have to transform my opinion of Yaya's work ethic if that were to happen.

as a high impact sub maybe? A game changer from the bench. Hope so, but realistically, I would have to transform my opinion of Yaya's work ethic if that were to happen.
I just dont see it,he doesnt have the required personality,his all round approach to life is far too leisurely imo,and at 33? that isn't about to change.

I just dont see it,he doesnt have the required personality,his all round approach to life is far too leisurely imo,and at 33? that isn't about to change.
Sadly, I think you are 100% correct. Would be nice to see one last hurrah before he leaves though. Off the bench at the swamp, last minute worldie from 30 yards to make it 7-1. We wave him goodbye with a small collective tear in our eye.....

In place of either Silva, KDB, imo, hence the talk of 'intensity' he wants him pressing rather than sitting & he's a fucking big unit, who has been allowed to do as he pleases without sanction. He's gone rusty under Pellegrni & needs a full refurb. Rotation. We are not going to play Silva & KDB in the same team in every game.

Yaya with Fern & Gundogan is a potentially superb midfield with the pace of Sane, Sterling & Aguero in front. Or Silva or DeBruyne or both could play with Aguero. Or if Pep decides he wants a deep playmaker Yaya could do that.

We are only just starting & Pep has about another 8 formations to go yet. Right now, he's just keeping it basic (for him) & using the same people, as he says he doesn't want to confuse the players.

But in the presser he has made it clear enough that once Yaya is upto scratch he'll join the group, 'if he wants to stay'.

But in the presser he has made it clear enough that once Yaya is upto scratch he'll join the group, 'if he wants to stay'.

I think youre in a minority Nev on how you interpreted Pep's words.

"When he increases his intensity without the ball, he will be involved"

So essentially,when he re-models himself entirely and does something he has never done to date,he will be a player Pep can use - the fact being though.....he never will (IMO)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.