Yaya Toure

Yaya was immense last season but all his best performances came as a attacking mid.

Cost us the first goal today and was a passenger most of the match. Can't believe I'm saying this but ACON can't come soon enough.

cookster said:
Yaya was immense last season but all his best performances came as a attacking mid.

Cost us the first goal today and was a passenger most of the match. Can't believe I'm saying this but ACON can't come soon enough.

The problem is he is not as fit as last year, and last year he was not that fit. Not a short term fix to this one. He needs lots of fitness and to be dropped for a period.

Not sure if we can afford to drop him but he's certainly not playing that well. What happened to the tactic we used last season ? where if things weren't going well we'd release him further forward in the last 20 mins. We used Nigel for that but surely Garcia or Barry could play that role. It worked well and no matter how hard they tried the opposition couldn't handle his penetrated runs. Can only think Mancini doesn't feel like using this anymore.

Something strange going on with Yaya, imo it's not just down to fitness.

Very rarely see the barnstorming runs and never looks like scoring nowadays whereas he seemed pretty adept at getting into good positions before.

Also his passing is so lazy, lost count of the number of times he tries stupid balls when there is an easy one on.

I highly believe he needs a break. Just, stop playing for a match or two.

something not right with ya ya,should we rest this week ,let him stay at home and then he should be fighting fit to face utd.

He has a full week off now since he is suspended against Dortmund. No tiredness excuses next Sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.