Yaya Toure

LoveCity said:
He has a full week off now since he is suspended against Dortmund. No tiredness excuses next Sunday.
Indeed. Also, United should be a game that suits him if he can be arsed given there deficiencies in midfield.

Our reliance on him is obvious. When his form falls apart ours suffers, as is the same with Silva.

Yaya's distribution and running is still good and he has a big influence on the game. A few wayward passes of late but Mancini won't drop him because he sees the whole picture. Whereas a lot of fans just watch the ball.

mammutly said:
Yaya's distribution and running is still good and he has a big influence on the game. A few wayward passes of late but Mancini won't drop him because he sees the whole picture. Whereas a lot of fans just watch the ball.

yaya running good? are you on crack....

mammutly said:
No, it really hasn't been that good, especially the latter. He's not untouchable you know, rather, he shouldn't be.

It all changed when we sold De Jong.

Yaya is now playing his role oF sorts, alongisde another defensive midfielder.(Barry, Garcia, etc)

Joehannes said:
mammutly said:
No, it really hasn't been that good, especially the latter. He's not untouchable you know, rather, he shouldn't be.

I wonder if he's resting on his laurels.

kompany10 said:
mammutly said:

yaya running good? are you on crack....

Yes. It is good. He was playing a more defensive role today, but he bossed the central area for most of the second half.

I don't think he's hitting the heights yet, but neither is anyone else. However, look at how many times he receives a pass. He only does that because he's run to the right place.

Seosa said:
Joehannes said:
mammutly said:

I wonder if he's resting on his laurels.
I've made this same point a lot in the past few days, but anyway, he is to us what Rooney was to united last year. Rooney wouldn't ever get dropped and very rarely subbed despite how sloppy he was in his play throughout much of last season, and I think we're seeing a similar situation with Yaya now. At the beginning of September, Rooney was dropped and given a kick up the arse, but Ferguson could afford to do this as he had brought in RvP. Yaya needs some competition, whether that be Benat, De Rossi, whoever. We need to be able to rest him and also if in bad form, drop him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.