Yaya Toure

If there's nothing Yaya Toure likes more it's a Manchester Derby. If he's still shit after that that's when you can all start getting genuinely worried.

My Controversial City Opinion™ is that Yaya Toure actually hinders our style of play and success more than he helps it, at least at defensive midfield. If there was a Biscuits or Alonso for Yaya swap deal going, I'd snap their hand off.

Damocles said:
My Controversial City Opinion™ is that Yaya Toure actually hinders our style of play and success more than he helps it, at least at defensive midfield. If there was a Biscuits or Alonso for Yaya swap deal going, I'd snap their hand off.

Not sure about that. Can see the arguement for hindering our midfield as a DF but he's so powerful going forward, if only Mancini would encourage him to get involved in the attack more. Bring back Nige and it'll be sorted.

I think, not sure if anyone can confirm, that yaya has played the most minutes of all the outfield players and probably not far behind Hart this season and last. I don't think he ever gets substituted, as the likes of Silva and Aguero who are often protected once the job is done.
The man needs a rest, hopefully he doesn't travel midweek and he can go at it in the derby.

This time last year I thought the same why does he play every game why dont we sub him why dont we drop him for a match cos he looks sooo laboured??

Then he went to the African Nations Cup and I realised what a great player he was and how reliant we were on him as our form dipped dramatically without him in the side!

Hope he does not go to the ACON or we buy DDR to cover him when he goes cos I am not confident of Garcia doing his job in his absence!!!

Agree the ACON proved how vital he was, and but even last season though sometimes we have been 3-0 at home, all the other talismanic players have been brought off and yaya is still trundling around.

I am probably his worst critic, but i think the words woeful and pathetic might be a bit much. I personally don't think he has the defensive work rate to play where he does and i would much rather see him playing further forward.

I think he could probably do with a rest as well that might do him good, someone said to me he is suspended for Dortmund, is that true?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.