Yaya Toure

noise said:
Proelia said:
daxman said:
One of the most intelligent observations I have seen on this site. Nasri would be perfect in the middle.

Actually, I believe this will be our best team

Zab/Micah....... Kompany........Nastasic........Clichy
.............................Nasri......Dihno................................
......Navas...............Yaya..................Silva..................
...........................Negredo............................................

That in my opinion will be the best 11 for City. Home or away.

You cant possibly leave aguero out of a best XI
You mean Dzeko, with all that service.
Dzeko wastes too many chances, Aguero and negredo are more clinical

FantasyIreland said:
The problem is we have an embarrassment of riches in certain areas and weaknesses in others,given such,we have to leave out a couple of our 'superstars' in order to field our most fluid and effective team.

Aguero and yaya are vulnerable IMO.
That, FI, is exactly the problem facing the manager at the moment. It will be even 'worse' for want of a better word if jovetic is as good as his reputation. Silva's best position is yaya's best position(and also Nasri's) - at the head of the midfield. Yet the current 4222 does not contain that position. Given that, then, Silva's best position in the 4222 is on the right, and so is Navas'.

I think formation change is the only way forward without dropping Yaya.

For me...our best side in our best formation is:

.........................................Hart (but he must improve)

Richards.....................Vinny......................Nasty........................Clichy

....................................................Rodwell................................................

.....................................Yaya.............................Fernandinio.....

..................Silva............................................................Aguero...............
.................................................Negredo................................................

Didsbury Dave said:
FantasyIreland said:
The problem is we have an embarrassment of riches in certain areas and weaknesses in others,given such,we have to leave out a couple of our 'superstars' in order to field our most fluid and effective team.

That, FI, is exactly the problem facing the manager at the moment. It will be even 'worse' for want of a better word if jovetic is as good as his reputation. Silva's best position is yaya's best position(and also Nasri's) - at the head of the midfield. Yet the current 4222 does not contain that position. Given that, then, Silva's best position in the 4222 is on the right, and so is Navas'.

Richards.....................Vinny......................Nasty........................Clichy

....................................................Rodwell................................................

.....................................Yaya.............................Fernandinio.....

..................Silva............................................................Aguero...............
.................................................Negredo................................................

That would be mine too, but I might swap Aguero and Silva over.

And it means we are back to being too narrow again.

Not sure Yaya or Aguero will be here in 12 months. Same goes for Dzeko and Nasri, although the latter may yet prove many wrong, as he has undoubtedly has age and talent on his side, if not always attitude.

I can see the spine being Joe, VK and Nasty, Ferdy and Rodwell, and Silva and Negrado. Jimmy may always be the flexible one, as I'm not sure he's big enough for the CM of a modern, successful team.

Just my view, so don't shout!

coleridge said:
Not sure Yaya or Aguero will be here in 12 months. Same goes for Dzeko and Nasri, although the latter may yet prove many wrong, as he has undoubtedly has age and talent on his side, if not always attitude.

I can see the spine being Joe, VK and Nasty, Ferdy and Rodwell, and Silva and Negrado. Jimmy may always be the flexible one, as I'm not sure he's big enough for the CM of a modern, successful team.

Was surprised when Aguero extended and now I can see him staying a while. Think Silva could go next maybe. I can't see two players who are nearly 30 now comprising the spine for too long.

Didsbury Dave said:
FantasyIreland said:

Rodwell has played a grand total of 11 games for us Dave, unfortunately he can't be relied upon and suspect he'll only ever be a squad player....... As for fernandinho he's being played in front of yaya (positionally) for a reason, to get up to speed with the league, if you watch him his levels never drop, much like clichy he'll be still marauding forward in the 90 min, once he gets the pace right he'll drop in where yaya has been and that will be our anchor

....................fern.....................
...................yaya.....................
....navas....................silva......
........aguero...........................
.............................negredo...

NQCitizen said:
coleridge said:

Was surprised when Aguero extended and now I can see him staying a while. Think Silva could go next maybe. I can't see two players who are nearly 30 now comprising the spine for too long.

I'd give Silva a couple of years and then it may be the MLS calling, the NY hispanics are gonna love him. I am surprised every day that Aguero is still here tbh, but what do I know. I agree about age being a factor for the spine [and the wings, in fact]. I don't keep players' ages in my head on a daily basis and so I'll take your word for it. I just get the sense that the 8 players I mentioned have the physicality to hang around, plus possibly the fullbacks we have and Navas. But I think the Barca boys will do some brutal culling in the next 12 months which may surprise many on here.

Chippy_boy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
FantasyIreland said:

Id said this in the '3 centre midfielder' thread. Although I was thinking that Yaya, can play DM, so can Ferna and so can Rodwell ( and Garcia at a push). Meaning Silva/Nasri/Yaya plays in CM infront of the 2 def mids and then Navas/ Milner on the right and Aguero/Jovetic on the left, cutting inside. Negredo/Dzeko up top.

That is a must for me !

Chippy_boy said:
Didsbury Dave said:
FantasyIreland said:

I like Silva on the right rather than left, Chippy, because of the way he cuts inside with the ball on his left foot. Whilst I take your point on the width issue, Richards adds a lot of penetration on the overlap. Also, Navas on the bench can add that width when needed, ie to break teams down. I still think there are games where the 4222 we've been playing will work and that will include Navas. To give the manager some credit, I'd have had Hull down as one of them. The most rodiculous thing the manager did in that game was picking bloody Kolorov.

Rolee said:
I notice the consensus here seems to be that we're best off playing Yaya in an advanced midfield role. Yes he's been very effective in that role in the past but that was when games became stretched giving him the opportunity to make them barnstorming runs.

Against a parked bus there's no space to run into so him playing in an attacking role would be fruitless, would it not?
You have a point there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.