Yaya Toure

Matt the Giant said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Fuck sake Yaya is on another level to anyone else in the squad,who starts these stupid fuckin threads.

Here's an idea, - instead of coming up with such non-contributing posts as that, why don't you explain to us exactly why you think he is on another level, which qualities he has that no one else has and so on.
It'd be a much more interesting thread that way.

Do you say the same when people say Garcia is shit?

johnmc said:
Matt the Giant said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Fuck sake Yaya is on another level to anyone else in the squad,who starts these stupid fuckin threads.

Here's an idea, - instead of coming up with such non-contributing posts as that, why don't you explain to us exactly why you think he is on another level, which qualities he has that no one else has and so on.

I've now contributed more than enough on this pointless thread !

johnmc said:
Matt the Giant said:
Thenumber1blue said:

No.
Garcia is far from shit, we all know that. But he lacks one thing he can't add to his qualities, which is pace. Had he been just a little bit quicker he'd be good enough for our squad.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:57 pm --<br /><br />
Thenumber1blue said:
I've now contributed more than enough on this pointless thread !

Ok, thanks.

Matt the Giant said:
Rodenberger10 said:
Matt the Giant said:
Genuine questions;
1) Haven't we performed rather well without him when he has been away to the afcon?
2) Didn't Guardiola okay the sale of Yaya at Barcelona?

No we haven't. We are always shaky in jan when he goes and guardiola did not want him to go but yaya wanted a starting place every week and also a pay rise.

Hrm..
Season 11/12, from the mid January (when he left) to the end February, we played 9 games:
7 wins
1 loss
1 draw
Goal difference +13

Not really "shaky" in my book.

Season 12/13, same period, 8 games:
5 wins
1 loss
2 draws
Goal difference +9

Again not that "shaky" in my book.

No one here would ever say Yaya is anything but a really great player, but he has weaknesses which can and should be addressed, and he's not that paramount to our success as some may try to reason.

Further more, it's not disloyal to criticize a player.

Maybe we should all try to establish his strengths and weaknesses, and then figure out what his best position would be and how playing him in that position would effect the team structure.

Personally, as ANY1aBLUE above, I think his best position is as a central attacking mf behind a lone striker. But playing him there would mean one of Nasri, Silva and Jovetic plus two of our three strikers would find themselves on the bench.

-- Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:28 pm --

Vienna_70 said:
YaYa is wasted as a defensive / central midfielder; he should be used much more as he was in the title season, i.e. as an attacking midfielder, scaring opposing defences to death.

Now that Barry has left, Milner or Rodwell should be patrolling in front of the back four.

I agree with everything in this post. The two mentioned above, or one of them two with Fernandinho would make a very tight centre midfield.

But in my book that is shaky given its one of the important months in the season. We also got knocked out of the fa cup in the 11/12 season at that time. Toure has only ever lost one fa cup game and that was against Wigan.

I agree though that we have every right to question his current position and some performances and I certainly agree that a more central/attacking midfield role would suit his strengths much more

What to fuck, just seen on city website yaya as a nominee for player of the month, giraffe or what !

He had one of his worse games against Cardiff and quite poor in the other 2. Can't fault the free kicks....

Garcia is shit by the way.

I just hope someone has pulled yaya out of huddlestones pocket after Saturday.
When he's good he's good but when he can't be arsed he's a liability and ends up walking around like he's injured.
Saturdays performance was the first time I've ever got wound up thinking about how much money players earn in relation to performance. Sat watching him get run ragged by huddlestone and not looking like he gave a shit whilst picking up weekly wages that it takes an average person between 5 and 10 years to earn really wound me up. I have never felt that way before as its just market forces etc and not a players fault how crazy the money has risen over the last 20 years or so but his "attitude" stinks in my opinion!
And for all those of the opinion that he's on another level to the rest of the squad, I just don't see it. I sit ( but would prefer to stand) in 106 so perhaps it's some kind of perspective thing being at pitch level.....

trevorriley said:
What to fuck, just seen on city website yaya as a nominee for player of the month, giraffe or what !

He had one of his worse games against Cardiff and quite poor in the other 2. Can't fault the free kicks....

Garcia is shit by the way.

What the fuck has Garcia got to with this thread you fucking muppet.

As for Yaya he has not been shit, thats just ridiculous. He hasnt been at the standard we know he is capable off but he is still one of our best players regardless.

Lythamblue said:
not looking like he gave a shit ....

Can somebody please explain to me how not lookin like he gave a shit actually looks?

Is it because he isnt running around like a lunatic like Zabba?

Fucking Jaime Pollock run around like a lunatic but he was shit, would you rather that than Yaya?

I really dont get at all what some Blues want?

Rascal said:
Lythamblue said:
not looking like he gave a shit ....

Can somebody please explain to me how not lookin like he gave a shit actually looks?

Is it because he isnt running around like a lunatic like Zabba?

Fucking Jaime Pollock run around like a lunatic but he was shit, would you rather that than Yaya?

I really dont get at all what some Blues want?
a bit of consistency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.