Yaya Toure

I really hope yaya takes a lot on board this season, when I watched malaga last season less talented players than yaya (toulalan and camacho) played unselfishly in the holding midfield roles and made the team tick without looking like super stars, and if he could just apply himself unselfishly like they did but with the extra bit of quality and physical presence he has then i think he ll be the difference that will win us the league!

he needs a decent player to play alongside, Barry was a decent player and the two played well together, every player we're tried to replace Barry with has failed because they're just not good enough. Should try Nasri in the middle, they play well together and Nasri is excellent at keeping possession, strong on the ball and can press fairly effectively

blightee said:
he needs a decent player to play alongside, Barry was a decent player and the two played well together, every player we're tried to replace Barry with has failed because they're just not good enough. Should try Nasri in the middle, they play well together and Nasri is excellent at keeping possession, strong on the ball and can press fairly effectively
One of the most intelligent observations I have seen on this site. Nasri would be perfect in the middle.

Actually, I believe this will be our best team

Zab/Micah....... Kompany........Nastasic........Clichy
.............................Nasri......Dihno................................
......Navas...............Yaya..................Silva..................
...........................Negredo............................................

That in my opinion will be the best 11 for City. Home or away.

daxman said:
blightee said:
One of the most intelligent observations I have seen on this site. Nasri would be perfect in the middle.

I think maybe the right side might be too vulnerable to counter attacks, with Zabba bombing forward and Nasri as well always looking to move up the pitch.
I've screamed for Nasri to play centrally for ages, but in that line-up I suspect Milner might be needed instead of Samir.
But against a "weaker" side that formation should work very well.

daxman said:
blightee said:

You cant possibly leave aguero out of a best XI

The problem is we have an embarrassment of riches in certain areas and weaknesses in others,given such,we have to leave out a couple of our 'superstars' in order to field our most fluid and effective team.

Aguero and yaya are vulnerable IMO.

Matt the Giant said:
daxman said:
blightee said:

I think maybe the right side might be too vulnerable to counter attacks, with Zabba bombing forward and Nasri as well always looking to move up the pitch.
I've screamed for Nasri to play centrally for ages, but in that line-up I suspect Milner might be needed instead of Samir.
But against a "weaker" side that formation should work very well.
There is a general misconception that our best defense coincides with having our players who tackle or hustle the most on the field. This is a false belief. Our best defense coincides with when we have our best ball possessing players on the field at the same time. The longer we hold on to the ball, the fewer mistakes we make with the ball, the more fluid our passing is, the more intelligently those off-the-ball are moving, all play a larger role in how good are defense is, than hustling or tackling.

It is a counter intuitive idea, but it is true. The better we play or control the ball and create chances in midfield, the better our defense is. Nasri's passing is as good or superior to anyone's on the team. His movement on the other hand, is far and away the best at the club. No one is even close.

As for Counter attacks, we are always going to be vulnerable to it regardless of who plays CM. As a team, we are often always going to be on the front foot trying to break down 8 or 9 defenders sat back defending. IF we lose possession, it is always going to be a broken down scramble. Nasri is almost as good of a hustler as Milner is, but a way better offensive player.

If that team ever plays together, folks will never want to see City start otherwise again.

Proelia said:
daxman said:
blightee said:

You cant possibly leave aguero out of a best XI
You mean Dzeko, with all that service.

aguero has to be in the side. he's the player most teams fear. tells you everything. in fairness the same goes for yaya but he needs to just step up to where he once was.

I notice the consensus here seems to be that we're best off playing Yaya in an advanced midfield role. Yes he's been very effective in that role in the past but that was when games became stretched giving him the opportunity to make them barnstorming runs.

Against a parked bus there's no space to run into so him playing in an attacking role would be fruitless, would it not?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.