Yaya Toure

Blueband Brother said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Blueband Brother said:
Fernandinho should be the one sitting deep, where he can screen the back line, make tackles and instigate attack from deep with his wide range of passing. Yaya should certainly play in more offensive positions particularly away from home. He can still drop back in midfield but he should not be the main player to sit in front of the defense. I still like the two midfield option but Pellegrini can consider playing three midfielders with Rodwell and Fernandinho holding and yaya unleashed to bring carnage on the opponents in terms of his passing, creativity, his pace, power and his finishing ability (which is quite underrated.)

I would tend to agree with you, especially for away games where the midfield is tight. I think Mancini's old trick of removing a forward and bringing on a midfielder to allow Yaya to push forward may have been a decent move today. Fernandinho and Milner with Yaya in front would have offered a bit more than the midfield two, and we wouldn't have lost anything by bringing Aguero off.

Its true that Mancini used that strategy a lot and i think Pellegrini will do the same as well. Milner is a top player and can do a job there but I would very much prefer Fernandinho and Rodwell in there. It is a shame that Barry is no longer involved as the pace of the game has caught up with him, well according to the manager it seems. His passing intelligence and positioning as a holding midfielder is still very good.

In general I agree that Rodwell is the better choice to partner Fernandinho, but today I felt that Milner's drive and energy may have given the midfield the kick up the arse that it needed. Still, if these deficiencies are obvious to us then I'm sure Pellegrini has noted them too. I'd like to think a good few players will be dropped for the next league game, but we shall see.

FromPollockToSilva said:
There seems to be at least something of a consensus that Yaya shouldn't be played in such a deep role. So my question is, how do you get the best out of Yaya? Can he ever really be that effective as part of a midfield two with Fernandinho, or would he benefit from the freedom afforded by playing in front of two deeper midfielders?

Perhaps a more pertinent question would be: who do we build this team around? Because at the minute Silva playing nominally from the left leaves us very unbalanced, particularly as Clichy offers nothing in an attacking sense, and Yaya being deployed so deep significantly decreases his impact on the game. Do we need to drop a striker and bring in another midfielder to add a bit more balance?

Its glaringly obvious 4-5-1 or this happens every other week.

So on the basis of replies, we should still struggle to create a position in the team for him? He can't play deep , but he could possibly be pushed further forward which could unbalance the team even more?

Can we justify making a player fit because of who he is? For me he looks distinctly uninterested at the moment.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Blueband Brother said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
I would tend to agree with you, especially for away games where the midfield is tight. I think Mancini's old trick of removing a forward and bringing on a midfielder to allow Yaya to push forward may have been a decent move today. Fernandinho and Milner with Yaya in front would have offered a bit more than the midfield two, and we wouldn't have lost anything by bringing Aguero off.

Its true that Mancini used that strategy a lot and i think Pellegrini will do the same as well. Milner is a top player and can do a job there but I would very much prefer Fernandinho and Rodwell in there. It is a shame that Barry is no longer involved as the pace of the game has caught up with him, well according to the manager it seems. His passing intelligence and positioning as a holding midfielder is still very good.

In general I agree that Rodwell is the better choice to partner Fernandinho, but today I felt that Milner's drive and energy may have given the midfield the kick up the arse that it needed. Still, if these deficiencies are obvious to us then I'm sure Pellegrini has noted them too. I'd like to think a good few players will be dropped for the next league game, but we shall see.

Hopefully any changes made will be objective and constructive rather than just being for the purpose of making a point or a smack on the back of the hand. We have a fantastic squad and what the manager really have to do is inspire and fire them up for the next match.

Chrisja1000 said:
So on the basis of replies, we should still struggle to create a position in the team for him? He can't play deep , but he could possibly be pushed further forward which could unbalance the team even more?

Can we justify making a player fit because of who he is? For me he looks distinctly uninterested at the moment.

Oh FFS, a player that makes over 100 passes in a game is not disinterested.

I am utterly convinced Yaya has it in his contract he has to be on the pitch 90 minutes in every game, and can only be subbed if injured.

Might sound strange, but think about it.

grim up north said:
Feed the Elk said:
I couldn't work out why he was faffing a out playing the ball backwards and sideways with 2 minutes to go. What a (millionaire) fool

Ah lump it down the middle

Or perhaps pass it forward to try and start an attack? So you think it's a good idea to roll the ball around the defence while time is running out and we're losing?
As a senior member of the team I'd expect him to take some initiative and move the ball forwards

Bilboblue said:
I am utterly convinced Yaya has it in his contract he has to be on the pitch 90 minutes in every game, and can only be subbed if injured.

Might sound strange, but think about it.

I'd be inclined to agree with this. He just seems to lack energy

Blueband Brother said:
FromPollockToSilva said:

Hopefully any changes made will be objective and constructive rather than just being for the purpose of making a point or a smack on the back of the hand. We have a fantastic squad and what the manager really have to do is inspire and fire them up for the next match.

Oh definitely. I think in terms of merit, Negredo deserves a start, possibly in place of Aguero rather than Dzeko. I'd like to see Kolarov brought in too, just to give us a bit more impetus on the left in a game where hopefully he shouldn't have to spend too much time near his own box.

Hopefully any changes made will be objective and constructive rather than just being for the purpose of making a point or a smack on the back of the hand. We have a fantastic squad and what the manager really have to do is inspire and fire them up for the next match.[/quote]

Oh definitely. I think in terms of merit, Negredo deserves a start, possibly in place of Aguero rather than Dzeko. I'd like to see Kolarov brought in too, just to give us a bit more impetus on the left in a game where hopefully he shouldn't have to spend too much time near his own box.

With all due respect to Hull, I think it would be an ideal game to get back on track and yes, there are players that are due a start, especially Negredo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.