Yaya Toure

Playing him on top of a midfield trio is what I would like to see again. It happened when we had NDJ-Barry behind him, now we could put 2 lot better midfielders behind him if we do the summer transfers right while transform to 433.

We would be lot less open to counter attacks with a Fernando-Fernandinho-Yaya trio, also Fernandinho /Yaya could help attacks even more than right now. Of course we would need lot more goals coming from Nasri/Navas/Silva dont know they are capable of that. A high scoring att. midfielder/winger is always needed a for a good 433 formation next to the striker. Maybe Jovetic but dont think we would put Dzeko/Negredo to the bench as a default.

Yaya doesnt work hard when opponent has the ball. Thats a weakness, better teams and better managers spot that and punish that sometimes.Its clear.

FromPollockToSilva said:
leighton said:
Going forward I cant fault him. But fucking hell at times he is too lazy to get back. Looking at the goal yesterday. He should of been trying to block down Ivanovic's shot as he wasnt too far away from him. He pulled out of the contact. Yaya's a big lad and to see him pull out of a tackle or a put his body on the line for the club is a bit shameful for me. A great player all said but I think we can all see his fault yesterday any real pressure on the shot or the player and I dont think they score that goal.

That would have been awesome, Yaya injuring himself making a last-ditch block with Fernandinho already out injured. He has lumps kicked out of him every game as it is; it's a miracle he misses so few matches.

Every other midfielder knowing the importance of that game would of tried a last ditch block on the ball. We were getting over powered we just seen Kompany block down 1 shot you do it for the team and no one else.

He tried his best - asking him to play in a two man midfield with a 33 yr old who's legs have gone, outnumbered against a powerful, athetic Chelsea midfield was a joke .. Pellegrini has the dressing room but a few more big games set up like the Chelsea game and Bayern at home I think some senior players will be raising eyebrows .... This Chelsea game was not one for Kolarov - Clichy should've played .. When Mourinho saw our line up with Kol & Silva on the left he knew at that point we'd played right into his hands .....

Always comes through for us in the big games. Such a leader on the pitch. What a shot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.