Yaya Toure

I might be the only one, but I'd love to see Yaya play behind the striker. He's technically brilliant, has exceptional vision, a great shot and has the power and speed to go past players at will. His qualities are more suited to that role imo he's too lazy in the middle of the park at times.

oakiecokie said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
Blue Hefner said:
In though he played well today but was fighting a losing battle V Chelsea's numbers in midfield.

I can't believes people slag him off , the lad behind me was doing it all fucking game, how I didn't lose my rag I don't know.

You might sit in front of me, block??

He's lazy as fuck going back, no other excuses, he cannot be arsed tracking back, he is not a defensive midfielder, somebody else needs to play in there with fernandinho and have yaya further up. If he plays a in there he needs to track the runners, numerous times our players out ran him when Chelsea were breaking. Excellent going forward and puts all his effort in on the attack, defensively another question, not interested, no excuses. Fucking lazy.

Are you in CB3, Kenney ?

South Stand level 2 oakie

Standard from yaya fantastic in posession and going forward but poor in defence he needs to be in a midfield 3 or not at all in a 2 , for a 2 you need defensive minded mids

Armaan said:
I might be the only one, but I'd love to see Yaya play behind the striker. He's technically brilliant, has exceptional vision, a great shot and has the power and speed to go past players at will. His qualities are more suited to that role imo he's too lazy in the middle of the park at times.

Spot on.

kippaxblue76 said:
Armaan said:

Spot on.
That's where he started his career, I think it was only at Barca that he was dropped deeper because they had an abundance of talent further forward.

Toure also spoke of another key moment in the early stages of his career following a discussion with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.

"I remember a trial period I did at Arsenal when I was under contract at Beveren," he explained.

"Arsene Wenger told me: 'I can't see you as a defensive midfielder.' I replied: 'I want to be like Patrick Vieira.'

"He finally told me: 'You would be much more at ease to support a forward.' He told me staying in the midfield would be a mess.

Wenger was bang on, Yaya is an attacking micfielder.

Said it all along and always been slated off my mates for it, but he is one lazy bastard.

Very inconsistent, he will turn up 1/2 games out of every 6 the rest he mopes about the pitch like he has no energy. Bad body language which says to me he cannot be arsed being there.

Frustrating as fuck because we all know he is world class, when he wants to be. Just an attitude/motivational problem in my opinion.

he had two-three chelsea players on him at all times whenever he received the ball, and he still almost always drove through them and found the pass to make. jesus he was a colossus going forward yesterday folks

Going forward I cant fault him. But fucking hell at times he is too lazy to get back. Looking at the goal yesterday. He should of been trying to block down Ivanovic's shot as he wasnt too far away from him. He pulled out of the contact. Yaya's a big lad and to see him pull out of a tackle or a put his body on the line for the club is a bit shameful for me. A great player all said but I think we can all see his fault yesterday any real pressure on the shot or the player and I dont think they score that goal.

leighton said:
Going forward I cant fault him. But fucking hell at times he is too lazy to get back. Looking at the goal yesterday. He should of been trying to block down Ivanovic's shot as he wasnt too far away from him. He pulled out of the contact. Yaya's a big lad and to see him pull out of a tackle or a put his body on the line for the club is a bit shameful for me. A great player all said but I think we can all see his fault yesterday any real pressure on the shot or the player and I dont think they score that goal.

That would have been awesome, Yaya injuring himself making a last-ditch block with Fernandinho already out injured. He has lumps kicked out of him every game as it is; it's a miracle he misses so few matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.