Yaya Toure

Honestly people think that team would have been better without Yaya in it ?

One of the main concepts Guardiola has tried to instill in the team is the aggressive counter press as soon as we lose possession. Unfortunately with Yaya in the team his lack of intensity which was evidently clear again tonight (despite him looking a bit fitter than last season) reduces it's effectiveness drastically so yes I do believe the team would function better without him in it.

That said I think Fernando looked scared of receiving the ball and playing, I thought he hid tonight and looked completely drained of any form of confidence. Tonight was the ideal night to show a bit more swagger and ambition in possession if he wants to try and force his way into Peps' plans but he wasted his opportunity. Alex Garcia would have at least attempted to get on the ball and play because Bucharest gave us so much time and space in midfield, hopefully he gets a chance sooner rather than later.

One of the main concepts Guardiola has tried to instill in the team is the aggressive counter press as soon as we lose possession. Unfortunately with Yaya in the team his lack of intensity which was evidently clear again tonight (despite him looking a bit fitter than last season) reduces it's effectiveness drastically so yes I do believe the team would function better without him in it.

That said I think Fernando looked scared of receiving the ball and playing, I thought he hid tonight and looked completely drained of any form of confidence. Tonight was the ideal night to show a bit more swagger and ambition in possession if he wants to try and force his way into Peps' plans but he wasted his opportunity. Alex Garcia would have at least attempted to get on the ball and play because Bucharest gave us so much time and space in midfield, hopefully he gets a chance sooner rather than later.

If Dynamo were getting away with the ball, then I could concede the point that yaya was a problem re pressing, but as they weren't, I can't.

Yup, pressing wasn't great but opening up midfield to attack was pure Yaya. Pity that that Navas usually his only option.
Ball still stuck to his foot and those who are glued to statistics will probably find that he had one of the best first touch and pass completions though I did notice some wayward / lazy type passes tonight.

Yup, pressing wasn't great but opening up midfield to attack was pure Yaya. Pity that that Navas usually his only option.
Ball still stuck to his foot and those who are glued to statistics will probably find that he had one of the best first touch and pass completions though I did notice some wayward / lazy type passes tonight.

There are a bunch of people including Stuart Brennan, going on about the lack of options.

The point is, you don't put this midfield & attack out in the same team, you put ONE of them, in with the first team, when needed.

A midfield of Delph, Fernando & Yaya, with a kid up front, plus navas out wide, is not a TEAM, it's acollection of players having a run out.

He seems to have lost a lot of weight but still managed to look sluggish. I hope he and Fernando don't start any crucial games together because the pair of them haven't got 90 effective minutes in them from what I've seen. Impact sub looks Yaya's best bet if he's staying.

I thought Yaya looked the classiest player on the pitch, some of his passing was sublime, not unusual that, but unfortunately for him, most of the time he slowed us down as a team. I haven't read most of the new posts on the thread, but I can't see him playing much part under Pep. Its good that he looks leaner, fitter even, he had one sprint where he looked pretty quick, but it was 1 in 90 minutes, and Pep wants more than that I'm afraid.

Could he do a job as a sub ? Probably, but we don't have enough squad places for me, Nasri could do a similar "job", and is quicker and has just as good a passing range, and he won't feature either. (NB: I've never been a Nasri fan, and I rate Yaya as the one of the best City players I've ever watched, so it pains me greatly to put him behind Nasri, but he is.)

Just not dynamic enough ... He'll still offer flashes of his class but they are becoming less frequent. Italian league would suit him ....

Haha poor Yaya, nobody has any sympathy left for him after Hart... we are not sure if he's staying or not I suppose but it may have been his last game too so I was hoping for a few Yaya chants for him. He may not feel the same as Joe about the club but he is still a City legend and we owe him a lot make no mistake he was a great signing for City.

Yep quality fellow. Remember when he falsely claimed that we wouldn't allow him time to be with his dying brother in an effort to force a move to another club. Classy guy. Legend!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.